main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bac is going Bac[k] to the Future as a VIP

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Design - Sites and Graphics' started by Brandon Rhea, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Hey all,

A few days ago, I made the decision to step down as a JC boards manager. It's been a great run, nearly two years, but I haven't been all that active in recent weeks and months, so I didn't want to stand in the way of people who would be more active than me. You're all fantastic people, which is why I'm definitely not leaving TF.N for good or anything!

I'm very proud of how this board turned out. I feel like I?ve accomplished what I came onto the MS to do. For years I always wanted to be the Fan Sites mod to help fix it up. I came onto the MS to either fix Fan Sites or find something new for it, and we accomplished that by creating this board, which is great.

Grimby will be the sole mod for this board, since we all decided that a second mod wouldn't be necessary now. Wish him luck all by his lonesome. :p

Thanks for all the good times here in Fan Design. Looking forward to more! :)

2. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Grats on a job well done!

I think this forum is a marked improvement over the old forum. It may not be as busy but it's concise and full of useful information for the people who care to look.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Nice to have had you as a mod,bac.

4. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    I totally agree. When we set this board up, I put myself into the mindset (and stressed that others be in the mindset) that slower traffic here is 100% OK. The slow traffic in Fan Sites was a problem mainly because it was an "omg come look at my sight its liek totly AWESOME" board. Now that the board has a better purpose and can be useful for actual help and resources instead of advertising, I think it's in the right place.

5. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    The resources housed here now and in the future will definitely be handy to those of us who enjoy web/graphic design.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Yep, it's definitely a good resource center, even if it's a bit slow these days.

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks for all the time you put into making Fan Design awesome!!

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Indeed. Thanks for all your help in getting this place set up bac. Enjoy your retirement. :)

9. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Sad to see you step down, bac. You did a great job in the old Fan Sites and especially in the development of this forum. :)