main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Back again -- and is it true? ARCLIGHT, not Chinese??!! YAY!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mrcottonsparrot, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    I just read the home page for TFN -- and the Chinese is apparently confirmed to NOT be getting ROTS -- instead it's going to the Arclight!!!!

To quote "Animal House": "Thank You, God!"

Yeah it costs twice as much as a regular ticket, but here's what you get: Reserved seats, no standing around, you can just waltz right in five minutes before the start time, **NO TRAILERS, ADS OR STUPID COMMERCIALS (wheeee!)!!!** it gets RIGHT to the goods! NO annoying late theatre admission allowed after FIVE minutes (and enforced, make no mistake!), ample parking, TERRIFIC movie snackbar with amazing sausage sandwiches, best popcorn in town, etc. -- all this and a great gift shop, full service restaurant and top-shelf bar -- which I KNOW I will need... Do not be sad! Can you tell this is my favorite theatre? I scoff at "George does not like the Cinerama Dome" thing, though. Geez, lah-dee-dah, Mr. must-have-digital (which gives me a headache, by the way; if I wanted to watch giant HDTV I'd stay at home and do it for free...) doesn't want the best screen in town with wraparound aspect ratio that would put us practically IN the freaking battles, for crying out loud! Too bad for us, the paying customers. But then again I'm unfortunately used to it, after the last two, uh, offerings.

Caryn B.

2. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Sorry, but this says it in a nutshell, and I couldn't pass it up. Credit goes to blogging.la for the source material:

TOP TEN REASONS WHY TO GO SEE ROTS AT THE ARCLIGHT:

10. The Episode 3 is playing at the Arclight, not Grauman's Chinese.
    9. Hot chicks go to the Arclight
    8. Caramel Corn!
    7. You won't trip over the stupid holes in sidewalk like around here.
    6. People will stop telling you to 'Get a life.'
    5. Natalie Portman goes to the movies at the Arclight.
    4. You're that much closer to Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.
    3. You can play the 'Count the Hipster' game.
    2. The Episode 3 is playing at the Arclight, not Grauman's Chinese.
    1. The Trekkies are laughing at you.

Thanks, I'll stop torturing now...maybe you can get more dope out of Mr. Lucas at C3 (but I doubt it, based on his really unfortunate "This is the Titanic of the series..." analogy he made at ShoWest. Umm, oh-kaaay...and we remember what, uh, happened to the, uhh....

Caryn

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Mixed feelings on the Archlight ... lots and lots of great memories from the Chinese and Egyptian..but Archlinght is defintiely a better theater! AND reserved seating. Chinese hasn't been quite the same since they gutted it a few years ago and took about about...oh 6-7 rows...

Hmm. should start watching the sites now for my tickets.. :)

4. mrcottonsparrot

Jul 26, 2004
    Me too, and don't be shocked by how SMALL the Egyptian screen is now -- we went to Ten Commandments there last year, expecting past greatness, and the screen is now uber-tiny, they've gutted it into an "art house" kind of thing -- shocking. we left after 20 minutes, which we would NEVER do otherwise, it's one of my favorite films! If you're thinking it's going to be 1980 again, gird your loins...aaahhh, I miss the old days.

And my bud at the Arclight has confirmed that ROTS *WILL* be playing in the Dome. I am delighted!

Caryn

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    That's sad when they gut beautiful old theaters. :( I'm still in mourning for the Coronet up here in SF. Ugh.

*tries to think of excuse to be in LA area for premiere, can't manage it, darn it...*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.