main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Back cover teaser from Book 2 - Fate of the Jedi (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by trzaska2000, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trzaska2000

trzaska2000 Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    Sorry, but this is going to be kind of a rant:

"But an even greater threat is looming. Millennia in the past, a Sith starship crashed on an unknown, low-tech planet, leaving the survivors stranded. Over the generations, their numbers have grown anew, the ways of the dark side have been nurtured, and the time is fast approaching when this lost tribe of Sith will once more take to the stars to reclaim their legendary destiny as rulers of the galaxy. Only one thing stands in their way to dominance, a name whispered to them through the Force: Skywalker."

WHAT THE HECK! Why the did they kill off Jacen? Why couldn't he be defeated, then discover this "lost tribe" and become its leader! This doesn't make any sense. It makes me think that the folks running the Expanded Universe heard all the negative reactions to killing Jacen and created more Sith stuff to cover their butts.

Does anyone else have a problem with this storyline?

Let's go ahead and put this conversation in the overall Fate of the Jedi discussion thread, please. Thanks!

2. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I take it you haven't been reading the Legacy comics? They already have a leader...in stasis. ;)

3. trzaska2000

Apr 29, 2005
    Yup, never read the Legacy comics.....in stasis? Sounds interesting. I believe those comics are set about 100 years after RotJ. If so, this tribe is going to be around for quite a while. Thanks!

4. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    No. 1) I did read the Legacy comics so it just makes sense. and 2) I'm definitely in the "Jacen-needed-to-die" group. I think it was the right thing to do, but thats IMHO

5. trzaska2000

Apr 29, 2005
    I was in the "Jacen should not die" category because at the end of the day, Jedi vs. Sith is really what the entire SW universe is about. As such, I was extremely disappointed when that storyline seemed to be killed. I don't want more Dark Nest (which was good) or Vong storylines. Let's get back to what SW is truly about.

I'm feeling better that Fate seems to be heading in that direction.

6. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    That's understandable. I like the Vong storyline just because it brought a lot of new problems to the characters that they didnt deal with before. But I agree that it's always going to go back to jedi v. sith one way or another...

7. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Skywalker2B posted:

take it you haven't been reading the Legacy comics? They already have a leader...in stasis.

[hr]

These aren't those Sith though. This is a totally seperate group of Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.