Ohio Back for good...

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by MaverickJedi, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey everyone! Not sure who's still here that I used to commiserate with... (Tobey Wan? You there? LOL), but I'm back for good. Just a little intro for the rest of you... Hi! You can call me Mav. I'm 24, female, from Toledo, Ohio. Been ridiculously crazy about Star Wars since I saw Return of the Jedi at age three. Just looking for a new bunch of SW nuts to hang out with in anticipation of Episode III... give me a hollah back...!!!
  2. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi and Welcome back! :D
    Glad to find another one ;)
    I'm Kim. I"m not telling you my age :p And I moved from Akron to NW Ohio in October. I"m still active in the Jedi Knights of Cleveland, though. ;)
    I"m also in the Ohio Garrison of the 501st and am a part of the Rebel Legion.

Did you see that we are having a meeting on Monday? Can you come?
  3. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Really? Meeting?! Do tell!!!

So did you recently move to the area? I'm Glass City born and bred myself. Born here, attended both school & college in the area.
  4. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Hello! I'm still here. :D

We're meeting on January 31st at Loma Linda's at 7PM. You can see more info here.
  5. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    we'd love to have you there!

I'm originally from the area, but moved away for schooling. Now I'm back. ;)
  6. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Holy Bantha poodoo, Loma Linda's on Airport? That's my fave restaurant. :) I may be able to swing out there - I think I work first shift on Monday. How many people do you expect? And how long have you guys been meeting up?
  7. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    So far, we have *counts in her head*
    Tobey-Wan and Mrs. Tobey
    Me
    You
    A 501st guy from Findlay (hmmm, I'd better get his name again)
  8. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm... looks like we could use some recruiting? LOL

Have you guys been to Loma Linda's before? I actually am out at the 180th Air National Guard base, right around the corner you could say, every Thursday night - so I often use that as an excuse to pop out there when I can.

Hey, do we have pics so we can recognize each other? Orrr... first one there could always ask to reserve a table for "Solo, party of five..." hehe.

Alright, enough of me. I'm on a caffiene kick and I need to get some work done. *grumbles*
  9. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I grew up not too far from the airport.
    So yeah. I know Loma Linda's. I actually went there at least once before they built the new building. ;)

Ah yes. Picture here
  10. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Aww cool pic!!

Here's a couple of myself:

11. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! Cool! You're a girl! :D
    *slaps herself on the head* I should have check out your profile. I have this bad habit of making assumptions based on someone's icon. [face_blush] :rolleyes:
  12. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yup, I am most definitely a girl. And a general SW fanatic since the ripe age of 3. Cool, huh? hehehe...

Sooo I take it you have few Star Wars friends that are gals? :(

Maybe I can get another SW gal to come along for the ride. Would that be cool?
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Sure :) That would be cool
    I've been trying to talk my brother's roommate into coming, but no luck there. [face_plain]
    Cleveland was pretty slow in the beginning, too. Just a few of us at meetings. But at our last meeting, we had over 20 people! :eek:
    Its just a matter of getting our name out there.
    Hmmm...maybe tomorrow I should work on some quick business cards or something so that we can at least have something to hand out if we encounter someone with interest. ;)

Anyways, no. I've never had a ton of gal-pals. Kinda always hung out with guys. But I've made a bunch of friends in JKOC that are female. ;)

Your Anakin icon threw me off a bit. ;)
  14. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd go if I lived closer ;)

I should, sooner or later. Preferably sooner :D

The JKOCers didn't seem to mind me. :p
  15. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    I've got some pictures of me in my profile.

Sounds like we might actually end up with more females than males! [face_shocked]
  16. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Not the typical Star Wars Meeting, eh? ;)
  17. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Business cards are a great idea for any chance meetings with other SW fans.

How about a website? A chapter with a name as cool as "Black Swamp Squadron" has GOT to have its own corner of the Net.
  18. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, after a frustrating night working on the cards last night, I did better this morning. :D I have something that will work for now.

I've printed up about 40 so that we each can have 10. Should I print out more?

As far as a Website goes, I think it's a great idea. Does anyone have any idea on how to do that? That's out of my league.
    I do know that Jedi_bmack from the JKOC hosts the JKOC website and was thinking of being able to market other sites. There would be expense in starting a website.
    But I can ask him what possibilities (if there are any) would be if we went through him. ;)
  19. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've done sites myself before from free hosting firms. There are certain limits, but no expense...

Yup, we should definitely explore this more at the meeting.
  20. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Maverick, where are you? I thought you said you were back. ;)
  21. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am! I unfortunately I got sick and it hung around awhile. :p

BUT... I have great news! I've been looking for a house for over a year and a half, and I FINALLY found one that's going to work out! It's really small, but updated and in a great neighborhood... and it's my first house. I'm super excited! I'll probably be moving in the next 3 weeks, maybe sooner.

*bounces off the walls*
  22. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
  24. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
  25. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Welcome back to the boards!
Thread Status: