main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Back, Forward, and Sideways - Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Feb 6, 2007.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Instead of posting "me too" in the other thread, I figured I'd get this thing rolling.

So, what do we know? Jack and his magical hair are threatening to kill Ben in order to let Kate and Sawyer get away. Should be an interesting next few episodes as we may finally learn what side some people are really on, and just who that guy with the eye patch is. :)

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    hey at least capitalize LOST...:) or it gets LOST in the other threads..ha ha ha

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Jack's magical hair...? Are you refering to the fact that he doesn't seem to need a haircut, or is there something I've missed?

Tonight's episode is just one of those summary things, right?

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    there are 2 episodes on tonite..summary and then a new show.

hmmm jack.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Jack never shaves his beard or cuts his hair, but it is always the same length. Obviously the island's mystical forces are at work. [face_mischief]

I don't think it's going to be a summary episode. Maybe a longer than usual "previously on Lost" segment, but I think we're going to pick up from where the last one left off, i.e. Sawyer and Kate trying to make a break for it and Ben and Co. in the operating room.

edit: oh cool, 2 episodes.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    LOST

hint hint..nudge nudge.

yes being a brat today.

7. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Definitely the same forces that keep Hurley at his current weight, keep Sun lookin' mighty fine, and everybody's fingernails the same length so no one has an unfair advantage during the catfights! Rowr!

8. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I went back and watched some season 1 not too long ago, and you can definitely tell that guys like Jin, Sayid, and Sawyer have grown their hair out. And Locke is either completely bald or he's got the Jack magic.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    well they did have that episode where kate cut sawyer's hair.

SO, looks like Julia is gone. Syid will be back soon, that makes me happy. been missing the other charaters!

10. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I doubt it. I doubt Jack's gone too. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Juliet's deal is. One minute she's telling Jack to kill Ben, then she turns against him, then she's apparently on his side again.

That was really trippy though - that guy Carl being brainwashed. Makes you wonder who else that's been done to. And the guy getting hit by a bus was awesome. :)

11. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    I think Juliet has been trapped on the island as much as the Losties have been. She thought she would be signing up for a 6 month tour of duty ("We're not exactly based in Portland") and instead got a 3+ year stint in the middle of nowhere cut off from his sister and niece.

I think her plan was to have Jack kill Ben so she could finagle a way off the island with someone else in charge (such as Mr. Happy/Tom). I didn't quite understand her thinking when she said to hunt down Sawyer and Kate and kill them, but who knows.

Juliet did achieve her ultimate goal, so far, of getting a pass to get off the island. Somehow I doubt we've seen the last of her. She's too compelling a character and is too close to Jack to disappear from plot lines completely.

When I saw Carl in the brainwashing chair, the first thing I thought of was A Clockwork Orange. With the fast moving images, pacifying text, and loud, white noise, your will to resist and deny their propaganda is broken down. It happened to the violent dude in Clockwork Orange and I think they were doing the same to Carl.
    It could also be one of the many Hanso Foundation experiments, so who knows for sure. It sure had Sawyer's attention when they got it! Sawyer: "Duh, huh what?"

Juliet's experiments to impregnate both the male mouse and her sister remind me of another unexplained pregnancy on the island. Hmmm... [face_thinking] Perhaps neither Jin or the "I thought I could fly/I was tossed out a window" dude are the happy dad?

12. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah same here. Weird movie. I wonder if there will be any talk about the Ludovico technique in the show...

I think there is a lot of psychological stuff that Ben and the Others are doing. There was of course the mind games they played with Jack, Kate, and most notably Sawyer. There was the whole Michael/Walt thing, and then other stuff that hasn't really been explained yet. Like what exactly happened to Walt and the other kids, and what's really going on with the hatches. Sometimes I wish we could just fast-forward to season 8 and find out how the whole thing ends. ;)

13. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    And of course the mind games they play with us, the audience. Dangling plot threads...characters introduced and then nothing (hello 3 people in the listening station at the end of season 2?)...and the whole online Lost Adventure (or whatever it was called).

I heard that if you went through the Pandora's Box that was the online Lost thing, you found out what the Numbers meant. I searched, but never found anything. Eh.

The next episode looks better with more action and possibly more character interactions. Except for Kate going to rescue Jack. I mean come on! Can't we focus on getting off the island and revealing some secrets to each other...let alone answers to mysteries?!? The last thing I want to see is Kate pining for Jack and risking others for her sad flip-flopping. it better be leading somewhere. They focused more on getting home on Gilligan's Island!

14. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

BTW - Nice thread name. I'm guessing the hydra is a metaphor for the plot lines/mysteries in this show? You solve one and three more take its place?

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Uh, well I actually was just thinking since they're spending all this time at the Hydra station lately, it made for a fitting title. But I like your explanation as well. ;) (And I'm sure the writers were thinking of some deeper explanation like that when they named the station.)

Yeah, it doesn't really seem like anyone is very concerned about leaving the island this season, aside from Jack and now Juliet. Seems like everyone else is content with risking their lives for captured people, snooping around old hatches, and making fruit salad.

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I MISSED IT!!! Aurgh! First I thought it wasn't a new episode this week, so I didn't double check TiVo. Then last night we realized that I hadn't re-programmed Lost into the TiVo since I exchanged for the refurbished unit. :(

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Man, that sucks. You can always go to abc.com and watch it though. :)

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    You can still do that? I thought I'd have to find it on a torrent somewhere, and the few times I tried that it ended up taking days. Thanks, I'll try to check that out later today! :)

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    As far as I know you can still do it. If not, I know for sure that a.b.hdtv always has them up within a day or two of airing. That's where I got all the previous S3 episodes to make my DVDs. :)

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Looks like they're showing the previous episode right now, with the new episode up next. That's pretty convenient for anyone who missed it last week, or simply for a second viewing. My DVR schedule shows the pattern will continue at least for the next few weeks.

21. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Wow what a sucky episode.

22. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    It was OK. Very nice conclusion, and I liked the part with the old lady in the ring shop. Overall interesting, but it wasn't one of the best episodes. The preview for next week seemed much more exciting. And I could have sworn ring shop lady was in it. :eek:

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hah! They repeated the first episode this week! What a nice surprise to look at TiVo last night and find two episodes rather than just one. So now I just have one episode to catch up on tonight.

24. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    One thing i notice on lost off and on they are using like "Star Wars" sayings in a wayo_O .

-Donovan

25. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005

The past couple episodes have been pretty good. Not great, but, eh, it's better than watching Gray's Anatomy or Scrubs or crap like that.

You gotta love Sawyer. Strangely, he reminds me a bit too much of graco. [face_mischief]

I'm getting a bit sick of Kate and her "hooked on Jack" bit. I understand that she wants to go back and get him, but she's just pissing me off with her whole go-rescue-him-with-or-without-you bit. She's becoming some sort of lame, brainless, emotional female stereotype and I can't believe her character has devolved into that.

I was disappointed in Hurley's whole "sometimes you gotta hope" thing from last episode. It seemed too forced. I liked his backstory and the Cheech Marin appearance, but thought it could have been handled much better. Good for Hurley for having a victory, but Jeers for his dialog and the bad-drama setup.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more kickass action and misunderstandings with Mr. Eyepatch next week. We'll see if they decide to make any progress on the plot this Wednesday.