main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Back, Forward, and Sideways - Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Feb 6, 2007.

1. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Silly wamprat.....tricks are for kids!!!!! I'm not falling for that nonsense again!

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ok all done with season five minus the last episode!!!

I sucked Rebecca into season 5 last nite she wasn't caught up...i kept telling her it was the best one so far!!! :)

honestly. Life & Death of Jeremy Bentham & He's our You...were just unbelievable.

The kid that they got to play ben....SUPER creepy!!!!

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    rewatching the incident. jacob is visiting the survivors....i love this show. can i just say that.

so excited about tomorrow.......

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

which means that if it was on tonite then we talk about it.

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    well apparently i was right about the smoke monster. :) still confused as ever, but i guess i expected MORE answers

Thoughts? comments?

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Blown away. Again.

Locke is the smoke monster??? Everyone time traveled to 2007??? Juliet didn't die in the blast??? Sayid dies and comes back to life???

Meanwhile...

The island's at the bottom of the ocean??? Desmond was on the plane??? Christian was never on the plane???

In the words of Biff Tannen, "What the hell is going on here?"

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    sooo is it an alternate reality? the bomb made the island go to the bottom of the ocean.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    That's what it seems like. For now...

10. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Where did this thread go?

The last couple episodes have been awesome. The whole thing with the numbers being candidates is really cool, and it will be interesting to see who is coming to the island.

I found this page on Lostpedia that lists all the candidates shown in the cave and the lighthouse and their numbers. Pretty interesting read, considering some of the names that aren't crossed out are still a mystery.

11. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Yeah, I liked the candidates premise! It's the first plot line that I've really been captivated by for a while. Well, that and the alternates. I'm pleasantly surprised by this season.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok here is a pix of the wheel with everyone's names....there is a name we didn't see on the wall.

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Tonight's episode, "Sundown", is about Sayid!

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Am I correct in thinking that pure speculation, based off what has already aired and no advanced knowledge, is ok to post without blacking out the text?

Some friends and I have a loose theory. It sounds like the "candidates" are for someone to take over Jacob's position, right? Or at least maybe... depending on how much we can believe of what Smoke Monster says.

First - it looks like Jacob has been looking for these candidates for a long time. Why? Did he know he was going to be killed? Was he planning on leaving?

Second - what if the candidates are not to only take over his role? Could there be several archetype roles on the Island? For example, it seems pretty obvious that Claire has taken over aspects of Rousseau's role - arrives pregnant on the island, gives birth, her baby is stolen and she subsequently becomes a somewhat crazy wild woman opposed to the Others, who she says have stolen her baby. Likewise... more subtle, but I wonder about a parallel between Richard and Hurley. Both appear to follow Jacob's (or others') orders without knowing why they are doing what they are doing. And finally, could Smoke Monster be recruiting Sawyer to take over *his* role?

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    T i like your theories!!! very plausible.

TONITE TONITE THE SHOW IS ON TONITE.

singing it like westside story.

16. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I like to think Jacob has been planning this whole thing for a very long time. In the scene where he is talking to MIB on the beach and they see the Black Rock approaching the island, it felt like he already knew what was going to happen. Also, I think he already knew that Ben was going to kill him, which is why he didn't fight it at all. It's all part of the plan, whatever that may be.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    good point...and he was WATCHING everyone..

Ok so the black rock is a spanish ship right...and richard is aka ricardo. speaking of which were was he last week..he told sawyer they would be safe at the temple...is he hiding out waiting for his moment to strike? maybe he will hook up with jack and hurley since they are out on their own...

SO i think Jack is going to be the next Jacob...i think it was sort of foretold at the lighthouse in the episode before last. only 10 episodes left? BREAKS my heart!!!!

18. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Richard was Ricardus (Latin). The Black Rock was a British ship apparently, but who knows at this point if Richard came on the ship or not.

I like to think that Richard is genuinely a good guy, though he seems heavily influenced by Jacob and perhaps MIB. It would be interesting to find out if he has his own agenda or not.

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok from last week's episode looks like Richard was from the Black Rock...freaking awesome when Jack sat down...i was grabbing the pillow covering my eyes...well sort of. hehe

very cool....

Personally i think that T's theories are right..i am calling Jack as the new Jacob.

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i just wanted to say i was right on both counts :p

wow great episode...i like how they explained what the island does...i just liked it all, well done.

only 7 left!!! ACK!!!

21. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Just wanted you all to know that I have now succumbed to the glowing crack known as Lost. Watched 4 eps yesterday and 4 the day before. At this rate I'll be caught up in no time.

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

it is my favorite show...period...let me know what you think!!!

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    You've just taken your first step into a much larger world....

24. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Just saw the latest episode. This is wrapping up nicely!

25. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Drats. I had a whole post typed up this morning and then my computer crashed before I could post it. And now I'm too lazy to type it all again. :p

One point I wanted to make though... I'm starting to think that Jacob's death wasn't part of his main plan. Rather, I think it was more that he had a contingency plan in case the MIB succeeded in killing him. There are two points for this. First, Miles' said that Jacob was hoping right until the last moment that Ben wouldn't kill him. Second, there was Jacob's speech about free will in the latest episode. I don't think it was what he wanted to have happen; he just planned for in case it did.