Back, Forward, and Sideways - Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby, Feb 6, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Jomama Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Are we still shooting for 6? I can come by a little early and we can take out that tree if you like.
  2. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Chainsaw? :D

Love the new icon. Suits you. :)
  3. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    Anything from this list:
    wine, Rum, Whiskey, Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans, Salami sausage, Chocolate cream cookies, Nutribar,
    Fish crackers, Tuna, Olive oil, pasta, Apple cider, Beer, Olives, Pork and Beans, mushrooms, "Mountain Dew" like beverage,
    Sausages, Coffee, Marshmallows, Mandarin oranges, Pears, Crackers, Milk, Carrots, peppers, cucumbers, eggplants, mushrooms,
    tomatoes, Chicken salad sandwiches, Bacon strips, Waffles

I think we need sides more than liquor...but I may be in the minority on that one. Will you be bringing your lovely +1?

A list of those attending and their yummies:

DWRD & FF - Hamburgers, buns, hotdog buns, fixins
    Jomama - Polar Bear Brats and beer for brats
    Melody - Sodas
    Grimby - Apollo bars and ranch "composite"
    Mistress - fish cookies
    nerf - ?

and...

Yep, 6 is go time. I'll have the pilot episode that will be replayed on Saturday if anybody wants to watch that, too.

Power tools...aw, yeah. Yeah, man. Let's make that tree into firewood. Have they ever had Dharma smores on the island?

4. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    I dont think +1 will be coming because she's never watched Lost. (That is one thing I will rectify this summer tho)

How about a gallon jug of Ranch Dressing?
  5. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    Too bad.

I think the ranch has been covered. Perhaps a gallon of rum?

And a preview for the final episode! I'm very excited and can't wait to see it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they don't reveal much in the preview.

6. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1

Keep calling me +1 and you'll have more to rectify than me never having seen Lost... if you must refer to me numerically, 10+ would be an improvement! ;)

Ah, now I see DWRD's note about "lovely +1". You can call me that anytime!
  7. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    Well, I might bring a different plus +1, a friend from work who is a Lost nut.

Hey, there's nothing derrogatory about being +1. It's positive! Now if you were -1, that'd be different!

Gallon of run I could do. How about mixers?
  8. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    Tequila?

9. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
  10. Deliciosa Jedi Knight

star 1

Yes, take Susan. Good idea!!
  11. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Happy Lost Day, everyone!! [:D]

[image=http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc25/Taeriell/Costumes/Lost/Dharmadrinks.jpg]

I'm having a Lost finale party out here. I was going to get/bake a cake with a picture/representation of the Island on it, but I procrastinated. :( I'll have to settle for lots of Dharma drinks and a costume. I was going to have a BBQ outside, with tiki torches, but our weather turned too cold.
  12. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Grimby, are you responsible for the Lost banner here on some of the boards? I love it - awesome!! :D

(Though I admit to a moment of disorientation - I went to read PMs and all of a sudden the page was Lost-isized, and my brain took a second to catch up. I mean, Lost on the brain, yes, so it wasn't a surprise that way, but then I was thinking... but wait, these are the SW boards...)
  13. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Heh, yeah I made the banner last night. I figured at least for today, Lost can take over the Jedi Council Forums. :p

Awesome job on the labels!
  14. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i like i like...

i am soo sad. i mean happy to find out the answers...and that my boy is the the chosen one...well for now. After what happened with jin, sun & syid, not sure how much more i can take. :_|
  15. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    no spoilers, but the cast talks a bit about being a part of the show. got that sad LOST music behind it, sort of fitting and sad.
  16. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    The banner is most awesome. :) And I like the user icon, too.

The drinks were from when Lost started up again this season. I need to make a new batch for tonight. Ack - so much to do!

Hm. I think I'll buy one of the soundtracks for the party. Have to get the mp3 version since I procrastinated till the last minute. Maybe season 4?
  17. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Everyone keeps wondering how they will finish everything in just 2.5 hrs, but I've noticed a disturbing trend in the way they are going about plot resolution lately...

ILANA: You have to trust me. I've been training my whole life for this. [BOOM]
    LAPIDUS: Ah, hell! [SHASHED]
    SAYID... [BOOM]
    JIN and SUN ... [sniff] :_|
    RICHARD: I-I?m gonna talk to him. I know this man. All he wants is for me to join him, and if I can get him to leave with me, maybe that?ll give the rest of you a chance.
    Smoke Monster: Roar! [SLAM]
    WIDMORE: [BANG]

Yeah... you know, this really seems to be a trend, and it doesn't fill me with warm, fuzzy, happy feelings for how things will get resolved tonight. Used to be it took time to kill off a character. Now, it's very quick. o_O We only have a couple of characters left, so maybe 2.5 hrs is enough time to finish the show (and them) after all. [face_worried]

18. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    as for richard...i don't think he is dead. i won't believe he is dead...i mean i could be wrong, but it is a feeling i have.
  19. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    He's dead homie. Cold as Haggen Daas!!! [face_skull]
  20. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree didnt Jacob make it so he couldnt die?
  21. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Loved it! :D

I'm already hearing that a lot of people hated it because "they were dead the whole time." Well, I don't really think that's true. They were only dead in the flash sideways, not on the island or off it in the normal time line. We only get to see what happens when they all get to the side-verse and "move on" together. For all we know Hurley and Ben went on to protect the island for 2000 years after Jack, Jacob, and MIB died. For all we know, everyone on the plane got home safely and lived happily ever after. For all we know, Richard ended up being a hugely successful mascara model. We don't really know, and in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. This show was ultimately about the characters and their relationships, and we definitely got a resolution to that.
  22. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    jonathan & linda thank you so much for hostessing. :) had a great time watching with all of you!!!

will post more later.
  23. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Yeah, that was super awesome guys, thanks for hosting! Michael, thanks for volunteering your TV. :)

Here are my responses to a couple things brought up last night: The scenes that weren't shot in Hawaii were the LAX scenes from season 6 (shot at LAX), a few scenes from "Through the Looking Glass" were shot in LA including the hospital scenes, the scene where Ben goes to visit Widmore in his penthouse, and another scene from season 4 involving Widmore that had to be shot in London because Alan Dale was doing Spamalot at the time. Everything else was either an authentic recreation of another location (England, Germany, New York, Fiji, South Korea, etc.) or had a little help with special effects (Tunisian desert, France, Australia, etc.).

Michael, the "magic box" was explained (through different people at different times). Ben admitted that the box was just a metaphor, and we later learn that he really didn't know as much about the island's secrets as he led on. Anthony Cooper was brought to the island by Ben's people, who smashed into his car and knocked him out, then kept him unconscious until they brought him to the island.

Also, this is a great read if you have the time: Lost Finale recap at DarkUFO
  24. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    Photos from the get together!

Thanks for those who came and brought Dharma-enhanced food. The polar bear was quite tasty!

I'm sad and happy that it's over. It was a very good show and one that I will recommend to others who weren't able to experience this party the first go-around.

25. FanForced Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm thrilled it's over. Better to go out on top(ish). Finales to epics have a way of not living up to a series. This is one of the best ones I've seen. They gave up on some of the answers to give us the emotional wrap up. Having seen a plot-focused finale (BSG) and a character-focused final (Lost), I prefer this one. A lot.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby