Back, Forward, and Sideways - Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby, Feb 6, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    [link=http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20387946,00.html?ew_packageID=20313460%3Fxid%3Demail-alert-lost-20100524-item1]FYI[/link]....the Island world was REAL, which is what I thought.
  2. Jomama Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for having everyone over. We all had our vision of how the show would end and of course it cant live up to that but they did a great job nonetheless. Enjoyed the yummy ranch composite after Johnathan stopped being a slave driver with that garden in the back yard. Yeesh!
  3. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I enjoyed it even more the second time around.
  4. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    watched the jimmy kimmel show...so funny.
  5. Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR

star 3
    That makes two of us! Pretty damn brilliant, if you ask me!
  6. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    [link=http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_l422c4w8kf1qcrt2yo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1277175395&Signature=ftbinQts1MO53FjZLA7LQhhMxtc%3D]Map[/link] of the Island. VERY cool.

here it is as a jpg.
    [image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/nnaydolem/theisland.jpg]
  7. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    Very nice map! I like the way it shows the plane's path over the island. I just wish it would blow up to higher resolution - I can't really read it very well.

Still very sad that Lost is gone. What is left to watch and obsess over these days?? :(
  8. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Is that official? Where did it come from?
  9. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    From the site I got it at.
  10. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I have no idea what s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com is, and that map link is a direct link to the image.
  11. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    i will have to look tonite at home. i have it in my history..:)
  12. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxxfj0NHgG4]This[/link] was on the Emmy's last nite...awesome!! I miss the show already!
  13. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    Don't forget the season 6 DVDs have a short epilogue to the series. It's suppose to show hurley and ben, and answer a few more questions.
  14. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    I'm exhibiting great self control. I've had the dvds for two days now, but they are still sitting unopened on the shelf. I'm waiting for my Lost group to get together this weekend so we can watch together. (But if they don't get together this weekend, then all bets are off. :p)
  15. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Don't forget to find the "secret disc" inside the box when you open it up. (If you bought the complete series box set that is.)
  16. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    Secret disc??

Alas, no. I only bought the season 6 set, since we already have seasons 1-5. :(
  17. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6

oooh...me thinks i should see this.

Ok so there iwas a guy last nite at the gaming con that was a DEAD ringer for Sayid...creeeppppy

18. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Sell all your season sets on Craigs List or something and then buy the box set! It's definitely worth it to have all the extra features.

I think we need to have a Lost viewing party to watch all the special features. I've gone through about half of them so far and they are definitely worth watching. :)

Oh, and by the way, while not part of the epilogue or the special features, the box set does explain who was shooting at the Losties from the other paddle boat in The Little Prince. The answer is located in the Black Rock journal entry included in the box...
  19. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    Seasons 1-5 belong to my mom, so I'd probably better not go selling them. :p I'll mention the idea, though.

Oooh! Who was shooting at them? Who??? We're having our Lost epilogue party tonight, I need to know so I can share.
  20. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    The Black Rock journal entry explains that a scout crew was sent to investigate the two men they had seen sitting on the beach (this would have been Jacob and MIB). Then this: Only one returned alive. He seems in a deep shock, muttering about exchanging musket fire with another vessel which promptly disappeared in a flash of heavenly light. He went on to claim that after hours of traversing the island, his five crewmates simply jumped overboard as if lemmings and no degree of coaxing could persuade them back into the boat. They drowned. Every one.

There seem to be some obvious plot holes with this explanation though, as the Losties don't appear to have flashed through time between when they found the wrecked beach camp and when the other boat started shooting at them. (Unless the scout crew was also traveling through time I guess.)
  21. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    Yikes! I was happy enough to get a couple more minutes of Lost and three more questions answered. But my mom was so disappointed! She was really hoping for something more. She wanted to see Hurley and Ben on the Island and doing stuff, not merely headed back there.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie