main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Back, Forward, and Sideways - Official LOST Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Feb 6, 2007.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Maybe, but people are saying it wasn't Locke he saw inside the shack.

So, um, whoa! This last episode was really cool! FlashBACKS introduce us to the 4 new characters, we find out Naomi was hired by that creepy guy pestering Hurley to take them to the island and collect Ben. As I suspected might happen, they allude to the fact that the discovered 815 wreckage was a fake and whoever this team works for knows about it. Definitely the weirdest thing that happened was finding that polar bear in Tunisia with a Hydra station logo on its collar. New questions I want answered are: How do these people know Ben and what do they want with him? Where was that photo of him taken? Who is his man on the freighter? (I'm guessing it's Michael) What's the significance of Hurley seeing Jacob's cabin and why do Locke and Ben find this interesting? Is "taller ghost Walt" really on the island?

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    "Taller Ghost Walt" - I love that. Gotta give props to the writers for acknowledging an obvious incongruity due to the actor-kid growing faster than his character, and a sizable portion of the fanbase calling them on it in the past.

Ben, I agree with your assumption as to whom Ben was referring as his inside guy on the freighter.

Should be interesting to see how Ben's connection with the new characters plays out.

I'm gonna be bummed when these 8 episodes are done...

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Holy crap!!! That just blew my mind!

I'm gonna have to watch that episode again. Too much going on to process. Locke is taking everyone prisoner? The island is 31 minutes into the future? Ben went all Jason Bourne on us with a secret stash of passports and cash? Sayid's working for him!???

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I didn't feel that excited about it as you did. I'm sure I will watch all of the episodes but I'm sure I will not be happy with the outcome.

Some things were neat, other things make it just seem silly now. We did save it to watch it again & I will keep these things in mind.

5. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002

I think it's 31 minutes in the past, actually. Otherwise the missile would have landed before he even called for it.

The two clocks read:
    Island Clock - 2:45:03
    Missile Clock - 3:16:22

I guess future episodes will further explain this? Though I doubt it since each episode raises more questions than it answers... :p

6. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Amen sister!

7. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    What did everyone think of the last episode? I'd say it wasn't one of my favorites but still pretty cool. I didn't see the Aaron thing coming.

From what I gathered, Miles is insinuating that Ben has the power to conjure up anything he wants (like John's father). Jack says that only 8 survived the crash and 6 made it off the island. So who are they saying survived but died on the island? Did they tell anyone where the island was?

I was originally thinking that these flash forwards were happening at the end of the show's run (i.e. they finally get off the island at the end of season 6). But now I'm thinking there's a chance they actually get off the island at the end of THIS season and the island coverup would be the plot for season 5.

8. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    wait there are only 8 new episodes?? what the crap!

9. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, you know the whole writers strike thing got in the way. Apparently there will be 5 more this season, but they might not come until a month after the 8th episode.

10. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Jeff saw the Aaron thing coming a mile away, but what is Jack thinking? She had his kid? She said like twice, you need to see him, like that will explain everything kind of way.

I'm just too confused about the 'Oceanic 6' to even start to spill my thoughts, why did they now say 8 and would Ben be considered on of those 6 or 8, and if so how? He was already there, was there a second crash? Because a lot more then 8 survived the first time.

Maybe I"m just watching this & picking up on one point here, & one point there & not getting the whole thing. My heart is just not into it :(

And thoughts will help.

11. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    I think they're protecting the people that chose to stay behind. IF they were to say "Oh, like 15 people decided to stay on the island" then families and authorities would want to look for those 15 people and ruin the whole set up.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i don't think that ben is considered one of them.

so so far...

we have
    jack
    kate
    syid
    hugo
    aaron

we have one more.................

13. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    I don't think Aaron counts in one of the Oceanic 6 as Kate is playing him off as her son, not a baby from a flight passenger.

So technically we have 2 more.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok i am going back to watfch the preview from two weeks ago...i am pretty sure they said another one of the six will be revealed....one moment please.

ok...bad robot....nex thursday an all new LOST...blah blah blah except for the ocean 6 that have been rescued and the next one who will be revealed.

ok i took as they were going to reveal the next one of the 6 would be revealed.

15. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    This is my speculation from what I've been gathering of their habit of surprising people.

Jin and Sun will be the last 2 of the Oceanic 6 since Sun said she wants to raise their baby on Korea.

16. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I think we're starting to be given more clues as to the possible time dilation/travel properties of the island.

These ABC sneak peeks of the forthcoming episode this week seem to speak to that effect. NOTE*** some may consider these spoilers: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/02/episode-405-constant-trailer-and-sneak.html

What I've always enjoyed about this show is that the Devil always seems to be in the details. Locke serving Ben eggs from the last chicken (Chicken/Egg parallel), Hurley watching Xanadu, Sawyer reading "The Invention of Morel", Locke offering Ben the book "Valis" by P. K. Dick, Locke & Sawyer playing backgammon (remember when he taught Walt how to play back in Season 1, saying something to the effect of "two sides, black & white"?), Locke now playing black and Sawyer white. Have new sides been officially chosen? New lines drawn in the sand? Why $3.2 Million, why not $3.3 or $3.4? Ben seems to figure it out at the same time he asks the question. Dan & Charlotte playing Jedi mind trick with the flash cards. Why did it seem that Dan was having trouble remembering the cards?

I'm definitely bummed by the prospect of an 8-episode limited season...

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    There will be more than 8 episodes this season.

And it looks like this coming episode is going to be awesome. :D

18. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I believe there are 5 additional episodes slated to begin airing late April-ish, for a total of 13?

19. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Stacy, your link is dead.

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    It works if you take the . off the end. ;)

I read some spoilers over the weekend. It looks like the episodes only get better from here. :D

21. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I think Jack is or feels responsible for something that is going to happen to Claire, and doesn't want to see Aaron because of it.

22. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Remaining episodes this season:

Episode 5: Tonight
    Episode 6: March 6
    Episode 7: March 13
    Episode 8: March 20
    Episode 9: April 24
    Episode 10: May 1
    Episode 11: May 8
    Episode 12: May 15
    Episode 13: May 22 (season finale)

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Awesome. They finally have dates. Where did you read that?

24. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm wondering if Locke is going to somehow end up being one of the Oceanic 6. It doesn't make sense given how much he is determined to stay on the island... but remember the first flash-forward? Someone had died, and it was aparently someone that both Jack and especially Kate didn't like. Yet Jack felt there was some connection there that prompted him to go to go see th casket. So who would they both really not like that much? Maybe either Ben or Locke?

25. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    My guess on who was in the coffin was that it's someone they knew on the island but were not on good terms with. Thinking about it some more, I'm not sure it's one of the "Oceanic 6" because it wouldn't make much sense for them to bring someone off the island with them they didn't like. It could be someone like Ben, who gets off the island though probably not the same way "the 6" get off. Other guesses would be Locke, Michael, or Richard (eye liner man).

I think this last episode kind of blew the door open on the whole time thing. We're probably going to figure out that Walt's aging has something to do with this, as well as a number of other unanswered questions. Did anyone else notice that the date on the boat was Christmas eve, yet the day according to the survivors on the island was actually the day after Christmas? (Timeline) Weird.