main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Back in Action

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Bravo, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Well, today, I completed my 12 minute run at 5 and 3/4 laps. That is the same laps I did last time and a little more. The first lap I basiclly ran it, so my heart my beating to fast and I got tired. But, I slowed down my pace, got into a steady pace and ran the rest at that pace. I was a little more tired then the last time I ran it since my body had been in a decline. It happens all the time after football ends, my body just goes into a decline. But, with effort, I got myself up out of that decline. And my goal is to get abck into the shape I was during the football season when I was improving so much on my running and get better. Remember, if you put effort into completing your goal, you will complete your goal. Also remember, if you put effort into something, you will reach your goal.

1st 1 Mile Run: Around 7:40

1st 12 Minutes: 5 3/4 laps

1st Beep Test (Endurance Test): 12.1 (I think)

2nd 1 Mile Run: ? (Have not run yet)

2nd 12 Minutes: 5 3/4 laps

2nd Beep Test: ? (Have not run yet)

As I get more information, I'll post more and then I'll add more to it. Its gonna be like a check list.

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    you DO send out christmas newsletters, don't you???!

3. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Keep on truckin', BRAVO!!!!

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    2nd 1 Mile Run: 8 minutes and 24 seconds

I wasn't running as hard as I did on the first mile run. This was because when I ran it the first time I was on a roll, this time I coming back up from my decline. Also, I was concerating (sp?) more on my breathing then my speed this time. Hopefully with Chrimas (sp?) Break coming up, that will give my body a good 2 1/2 weeks of rest. With no running or anything, this will give my body time to heal itself and regain some strength and to recover over all. I still have the Beep Test next week.

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    beep test? what is that?

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Wow, I feel like getting my lazy butt off this chair and exercising now :)

Maybe I'll look for a belly dancing class somewhere.

7. mirax_T

mirax_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 1999
    keep up the good work there bravo!!!!!! getting back into shape is such a b****, and i must say i'm more or less in the same boat as you right now. hockey season ended last week, so you'd expect me to be in shape, but i was injured for the first 2 months of the season i've actually only been able to run for about 3 weeks now and am, needless to say feeling very, very out of shape. Keep up the good work, i'm right there w/ ya! (well 'cept for the fact that i'm currently on the other side of the country)

oh, and i thought i should have a small personal celebration here as this is the first time i've posted on the list in a very, very long time, at least since coming to college in aug, maybe even b/f then...anyways, i'll try to be more faithful now!

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Beep Test: 12.2 (I think)

Bench Press Max: 150 pounds

Hang Clean Max: 111 pounds

Squat Max: Next week

Jedi_Knight_Birr, the Beep Test is an endurance (sp?) test. It tests to see how long you can keep on going, how much your body can take. Each level gets faster then the next. So, you have a certain amount of time to get from one side of the gym to the next. You have two beeps, one for one side of the gym and another for the other. We don't run the whole gym, only from sideline to sideline. A 11.0 is an A. I could of probably got a 14.0 or higher on Wednesday, but I started to feel sick. I ate too little and what I ate was just youget (sp?) in the morning. I didn't want to give the gym floor a new color. 8-}

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Squat Max: 115 pounds

Well, that is the last of my maxes. I'll hopefully keep this record for next semster (sp?) too. I have my eye surgery on the 26th and then I am going up to the mountains for a break. I'll be back for school to start. If I don't stop by again this Chrismas Break, Marry Chrismas! :)

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Pre Mile Run: 3 3/4 laps in 7 minutes (mile is 4 laps)

Pre Bench Max: 145 pounds (partner helped by mistake at the last moment)

Pre Close Grip Bench Max: 130 pounds (95 pounds was my max last semester)

Pre Bicep Max: 65 pounds (rep. 10 times, I think/same max as last semster)

Pre Pull-Up Max: 10 times

Pre Abs Max: 40 times in one minute (I think)

Pre Shoulder Shurgs Max: 80 pounds (rep. 8 times, I think)

Pre Calf Raises Max 240 pounds (rep. 10 times, I think)

Pre Incline Dumbbell Max: 35 pounds (rep. 8 times, I think)

11. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Now all yu need is a lightsaber....FLOL! Man cannot live by firefightin' alone, yu kno!

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    First Beep Test: 11.5 (Basic Gym class, A/ Advanced Gym Class, B)

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    First Mile: 7 minutes and 28 seconds

Second Mile: 8 minutes and 24 seconds (I think)

On the second mile, the very next gym class from the first mile, was the first time I talked with friends and laughed (sp?) while running. I never talk or laugh while running, since I don't have the breathe to do so, but this time a group of friends and I relaxed from the mile and had fun. We still did good. My first mile, on Wednesday (sp?), was my best mile ever so far! :)

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    First 12 Minute Run: 5 and 1/2 laps (last week)

Second 12 Minute Run: 5 3/4 laps (counted as 6 laps in the grade book since I was so close to six laps)

Third 12 Minute Run: 5 laps

I ran the second and third 12 minute runs back to back. I was tired and a little low on energy on the second 12 minute run, since I already did the 12 minute run today, I only had to get 5 laps. If I kept on running, I would of got either 5 and 1/4 laps or 5 and 1/2 laps.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Third Mile Run: 7 minutes and 30 seconds (two weeks ago)

Fourth 12 Minute Run: 5 1/2 laps (on bad knee, today)

I burst my bursa-sack (sp?) in the left knee about a week and almost a half ago. The bursa-sack (sp?) is a sack of fluid around your knee, in fact the sack of fluid is around all your joints, accoring to a friend of mine. Well, it is still healing. I couldn't run for a few days since, since I had fluid in my knee. Imagine a water ballon, hold it my the end, and shake it. That is what my left knee feeled like. I think I did very well on a hurt knee on the 12 minute run today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.