main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Back in the day -- feelings on the added episode numbers

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DARTHFINGERZ, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    If there were to be 3 more movies they should have been based on the Thrawn Trilogy.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Now, yes... but back then, we didn't care... LOL

3. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    ^^ I'm not familiar with the Thrawn stories. But that's something to look forward to for me.

Another Q though it's a bit Off-Topic...Back in the day did anyone ever dream the PT would involve a love story? ;) (that is if you thought about the PT at all)

4. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Many years before there was a PT, I imagined Episodes I thru III would be about Anakin and Obi Wan as space 'cops' (think 'Starsky and Hutch' with bathrobes) who are best friends until a woman comes between them.

I thought Anakin's wife would become pregnant and the Emperor would manipulate things to make Anakin suspect that Obi Wan was the father.

I thought the real TRAGEDY would be that Anakin had turned to the dark side and destroyed all their lives over a misunderstanding - a misunderstanding that might have been avoided if he had just calmed down long enough to seek the truth instead of flying off the handle.

I suppose that could be considered a 'love story'.

5. DARTHFINGERZ

Nov 14, 2004
    ^^ Hmmm...not bad actually.

[face_thinking]

6. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    Thanks.

I think at the time, I was probably influenced by things I was dealing with in my own life - my insecurities, my temper, etc...

...although, another influence might have been 'Three's Company'. It was a hit show at the time and every week the situation the characters found themselves in would be the result of a misunderstanding.:p

7. DARTHFINGERZ

Nov 14, 2004
    I caught the reruns...so I hear ya. :D

First there was sexy Chrissy...then her clumsy cowboy cousin...then Terry the nurse. Such memories. ;)

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    I don't really remember any reaction when Empire came out. At that time there weren't any video tapes even. So it was about two years later till i saw it again. By that time it had been talked about that there would be 9 movies. I figured out that if they came out every three years, the ninth movie would be out when i was in my thirties and i'd have kids by then. Actually around the time of Empire i had heard that Obi-wan and Vader had dueled on a volcano, so the fact that there was a backstory had become known.

9. DARTHFINGERZ

Nov 14, 2004
    ^^ Speaking of which, where did that duel on a volcano/lava planet originate from?

10. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    I was 6 when Star Wars came out, and then, when I saw the "Episode V" for Empire, I was like, "What's that?"

But then I saw the Star Destroyer, and the Probot, and the Taun Taun... and later, the Walkers, and I was lke "Who cares? This is AWESOME!!!"

11. Random_Responder

Random_Responder Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2006
    My favorite line in that movie would have to be when the fat guy says ..."A what?" when Richard Dreyfus is talking about it being a Tiger Shark.

12. MasterACyard

MasterACyard Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005

I remember the same rumor!!!

13. DARTHFINGERZ

Nov 14, 2004
    Ah, the good ol' rumor-mill.

Were there any rumors of Luke and Leia being related prior to RoTJ?

14. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    yeah, this started because Star Wars was published as a novel in 1976, before the film was released, and was stated as being "From the Journal of the Whills", implying that there were more stories written, and then Bantha Tracks and miscellaneous Lucasfilm publications stated that Lucas wrote twelve, and later on nine, stories which would be made into films.

8-}

15. DARTHFINGERZ

Nov 14, 2004
    "But then I saw the Star Destroyer, and the Probot, and the Taun Taun... and later, the Walkers, and I was lke "Who cares? This is AWESOME!!!"

^^ Many people were proably like that. You just get so caught up in enjoying the movies for what they are you don't notice certain things.

16. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    I was 7 when ANH came out and I don't remember any of the pre-hype (if there even was any in New Mexico where I was) but I heard early on that there were going to be 9 movies so it was just a matter of when will the next one come out... and all that was pre-internet days so if I knew about it then it must have been pretty common knowledge that there would be more to come.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Speaking of which, where did that duel on a volcano/lava planet originate from?<<

Likely from interviews initially, then eventually inferred by the ROTJ novel.

18. DARTHFINGERZ

Nov 14, 2004
    Thanks The2ndQuest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.