main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **Back in Town** (L/M) SJRS Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Title: Back in Town
    Author: Jade Pilot
    Timeframe: Post ROTJ, AU
    Characters: L/M and a cameo by Wraith Squadron
    Genre: humor

Summary: SJRS Challenge. In honor of the first challenge since January, the theme of this challenge is to have either Luke or Mara appear after having been away for a long time.

You must include at least two of the following quotes:

I haven't exactly had the chance to look out a window lately.
    Please explain to me the scientific nature of "the whammy".
    Pirates! I wonder if it's anyone I know...
    Nothing like a nighttime stroll to give you ideas.
    Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.
    Don't underestimate a woman. They can be tricksters, too.
    Don't touch my dirt!

Extra points if you get them all in. :) Get ready with the points!

Mara Jade stood in the doorway of the dimly lit cantina with her hands planted firmly on her hips. Taking a quick survey around the room she immediately found the object of her ?search and rescue? mission and headed in his direction.

?Skywalker!? she bellowed, walking up to the slumped figure whose head was resting on the table. Only then did she realize he was not alone.

?Trader Jade, what a sight for sore eyes you are!? announced Wes Janson as he turned to face her along with a few of the other members of Wraith Squadron.

Mara snorted in disgust. ?Janson?I might?ve known you and the rest of your pirates were responsible for Luke?s descent into inebriation and debauchery.?

?Pirates! I wonder if it?s anyone I know?? said Face Loran, taking another swallow from his glass. ?Bartender! More Wroonian Ale!?

?ALE!? shouted the entire cantina, raising their glasses in salute.

?Now that?s hardly fair, Miss Jade. We made be ineb?ineb?drunk, but we have barely had time to introduce Luke here to any debauchery,? said Wes, grabbing a handful of blond hair and lifting the Jedi?s head. ?Isn?t that right, Luke??

Luke slowly opened two bleary eyes and looked up at Mara for the first time. ?Mara? W-When did you get back in town??

Mara crossed her arms and shook her head at the sight of him. ?Skywalker, do you have any idea what time it is??

Luke looked around, a quizzical expression on his face. ?I haven't exactly had the chance to look out a window lately. But I?m s-shure I?ve only been here a couple hours?or so.?

?Try days, Skywalker,? answered Mara with a hint of disapproval in her tone.

Face jumped in. ?Nah, it can?t be days, Kell?s still standing.? Everyone immediately looked around only to see Kell Tainer passed out on the floor near their table. ?Well?it could be days.?

Mara grabbed Luke by the shoulders and attempted to remove him from the chair. ?Come on, farmboy. It?s time to get you home and away from these bad influences.?

?Hey,? protested Wes. ?I resemble that remark.?

?And it?s not our fault!? insisted Face, pointing his finger in Mara?s face. ?You?re the one who put the whammy on the poor boy.?

Mara turned to face the only two squad members still capable of remaining vertical. ?Please explain to me the scientific nature of the ?whammy.?

Both pilots looked at each other a moment.

?It?s what you women do to poor unsuspecting guys like Luke here,? said Face gesturing toward the semi-conscious Jedi with his empty glass. ?Toying with their hearts, getting them all mixed up till they don?t know what?s going on anymore. The only thing they can do is attempt to numb the pain with a glass of libation.?

?Libation?? asked Wes.

?Ale,? replied Face.

?ALE!!? roared the cantina customers in unison once again.

?I have had enough of this, come on Skywalker, I?m getting you out of here,? huffed Mara as she hoisted Luke up and flung his arm over her shoulder while putting her free arm around his waist. ?And for the record gentlemen, and I use that designation loosely, I do not toy with his or anyone else?s heart.?

?And just where are you taking him?? asked Wes, his eyebrows raised.

?Skywalker and I are going for a lit

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Waving a hand, he sent it flying across the room and into the far wall where it crashed to its final resting place on the floor.

Heh, I could see Luke doing this....maybe learning it from Han Solo. ;)

Wonder if he would have kissed just ANY woman or did he KNOW it was Mara he was kissing? ;) [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh, that was so cute! Great job on getting all the lines in!! Loved Luke's 'dirt' comment the most. And how funny is it that Mara spilled her guts to a sleeping Farmboy?!

Excellent work, gal! =D=

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    [face_laugh]

So, so funny! (Needed that giggle more than I can express in words just now.)

Good story. :)

5. jackyyy17

jackyyy17 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2006
    Oh, that was just too funny J_P. [face_laugh]

Poor Luke.

jacky

6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Lovely fic, J_P! Love the Wraith and L/M action - especially Mara's note at the end!

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    That was great!!! I loved the kiss... oh and the note... brilliant!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great that you worked all the lines in! :D
    Loved the kiss too. And the note!!!
    Bummed that he was asleep during her declaration. *regretful sigh* :D ;)
    I really enjoyed the whole thing. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Excellent job on getting all the quotes in -- and before the fic was 2/3 finished, too!

Mara gasped as she sampled his sweetness and felt him deepen the kiss.

Mara does have it bad if she thinks ale-breath is sweet! LOL! Great little viggie. =D=

10. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Holy cow, man! :eek: You squeezed them all in! And it slays me! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    ?Libation?? asked Wes.

?Ale,? replied Face.

?ALE!!? roared the cantina customers in unison once again.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

?Don't touch my dirt!?

Priceless!

The letter was great!

A girl in my church had her first arguement with her husband on the last light of their honeymoon. It went something like...

Daniel: *Grunt* Let's take a walk on the beach.
    Elizabeth: Okay, sure.
    D: Nevermind.
    E: Why, what's wrong?
    D: *Grunt*
    E: Daniel, do we need to talk?
    D: No, I want to take a walk...
    E: WELL GET UP AND WE'LL TAKE A WALK!!!

As she continued yelling, he woke up and said, "You want to take a walk? Now? It's 3 in the morning!" The poor guy slept though his first argument.:)

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    [face_laugh] Loved it!!

The Mara/Wraith scene was perfect and the choruses of "ALE!" were toooooo funny!

And then L/M - they fell into that kiss pretty easily. [face_mischief] [face_love]

And the next time you kiss me, you had better be completely sober and prepared to finish what you started.

Mara

More than a little puzzled, Luke stared at the pillows in confusion and then back at the note. Taking a deep breath and scratching his chin he murmured out loud, ?When did Mara get back in town??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Priceless!

Brava on getting all the quotes in, too! =D=

13. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Oh...that was just plain cute. Loved the banter. Nicely done as usual.=D= ;)

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Love this! Especially how Mara had to drag him (literally) out of that bar full of reprobates. (Reminds me of my college days...)

The note was priceless. Excellent response!=D=

15. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    A/N: Thanks y'all for stopping by. I just HAD to try to use all the lines - wave that red flag, why don't you? [face_laugh]

Jedi Liz: I'm thinking somewhere in his sub-concious, he knew it was Mara. Thanks for reading.

ginchy: Thank you! The 'dirt' line was my favorite, too! [:D]

DaenaBenjen42: Glad I could make you giggle! :)

Jacky: Thank you so much!

JadeLotus: Thank you, master! [:D]

RedGold: Wow! Thanks so much! [:D]

Jade eyes: You are always so encouraging, thanks! [:D]

Jedi 2B: Yes, but it's Luke's ale breath![face_laugh] Thank you for reading.

The Pariah: heehee! Thanks, I just had to give it a try. ;)

Arwen Djo: Too funny about your friend. Thank you for reading.

Jedi Trace: Thank you for your kind words. This was a lot of fun to write and I always like doing a Wraith Squadron cameo.

PrincessC: Thanks, sister girl! [:D]

divapilot: LOL! Yes, I imagine Wraith Squadron to be perpetually at a college kegger. Thank you for your encouraging words, sister pilot![:D]

16. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Skywalker,

The next time you get to feeling ?lonely? take a deep calming Jedi breath and count to ten.

Oh my that was funny[face_laugh].A wrecked Luke! I needed a good laugh Jade. Merci buckets!

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh that was just absolutely delightful! :D You got each of the chosen quotes in there in a way they fit perfectly.

Loved that Mara had been contacted by Leia and took it upon herself to find Luke and that note he found in the end?? What can I say, I hope it sticks in his mind for a good long time. :D :D

Fantasic response to the challenge.

18. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Healer Leona: Thank you so much! [:D]

cdmcc: Thanks for stopping by and laughing!

19. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    ummmm, wonderful, JP.

I loved this:

?Luke? Did?did you hear what I said?? Mara stood up and walked to the other side of the large bed only to discover that he was completely and utterly?fast asleep!
    typical man! Good think Mara has a soft spot for him.

and this:
    Luke awoke to the sound of his chrono announcing that morning had arrived. Waving a hand, he sent it flying across the room and into the far wall where it crashed to its final resting place on the floor.

great description and action. even our favorite Jedi Master gets hangovers.

20. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    ROFL!!!

This whole viggie was great but the best was Luke waking up with his arm over some pillows and then checking to make sure he was dressed LOLOL. And then the note OOHHHHH the note!!!

Really Really funny Jade!

TnTornado

21. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thank you, GirlJedi! I appreciate you reading so much. :)

TNTornado
    ROFL!!!

This whole viggie was great but the best was Luke waking up with his arm over some pillows and then checking to make sure he was dressed LOLOL. And then the note OOHHHHH the note!!!

Really Really funny Jade!

Glad I could make you laugh and thanks for reading and posting.

22. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    :: claps::

so umm. . .when did Mara get back in town? ;)

23. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    I'll never tell! Thanks for reading!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.