main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Back Issues

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Just out of curiosity, are there any comic back issues that you've been looking for and can't find?

I finally found The Freedon Nadd Uprising #1 today, after searching since 1995 or so.

I still need Tales of the Jedi #5 to complete my TotJ collection though. I also need The Last Command #4-6 to finish that series. Those are the only comics that I can't find. There's a few other series that I don't have, but they're all pretty common (Droids, Evolution, etc) so I'm not bothering to search for those at the moment. Also, I only have a handful of Marvel comics and would like to get more.

EDIT: and yes, I'm aware that I've posted like 5 comic related threads in the last 48 hours, but meh :p

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    There's a local used-book store in my town that has a lot of older issues. I'm sure that does you a whole lot of good though. ;)

3. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    You know what sucks? Having Freedon Nadd #1 since it came out and never finding #2! Why is that the only totj tpb out of print?

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    The entire Dark Empire series

5. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    It took me a while (and a lot of money) but I eventually got all of DE. For a while, my local shop had the whole series, but was only selling it as one series, for like $100. When noone bought it, they put them into the SW slot as individual comics for varying prices ($15-25, IIRC). I immediatly grabbed them and got Jeff (the owner) to put them in my "slot", and over the course of 10 months I would buy one every 6 weeks or so :D

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    While I haven't gone back to fill in all the individual issues I've missed out on (instead I've concentrated on TPB's), I have gotten a couple- I got from TFAW a couple months ago 3 of the Infinity's End comics and Starcrash, as well as Dark Empire 2 issue 2 (where Chewie rips Fett's helmet off)- that one sold out when it first came out and was the largest hole in my collection, IMO.

At this point in time, my main bane is finding that damn Freedon Nadd Uprising TPB. I have the two individual issues, but thats about all you can ever find at places or on ebay- drives me nuts.

7. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Good luck. Im still looking for Freedon Nadd Uprising.

8. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    hmmm, seems Freedon Nadd is one of the hardest to find. Not surprising, since it wasn't that good, and Ulic seems to have spent a few weeks as a hispanic for some reason ....

9. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I've got Freedon Nadd Uprising in single issues. Took me years to find both of them together at a comic shop, because I didn't want to risk just buying one and not finding the other.

What I'm trying to find is "Star Wars: X-wing - The Rebel Opposition" (pt. 4 of 4). I've found the first three issues, but not that one.

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I ordered the first X-wing comic at the beginning of Jan. and it still isn't in! :eek: :(

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    [blockquoteI finally found The Freedon Nadd Uprising #1 today, after searching since 1995 or so. [/blockquote]

Lucky stiff. It's looking like I'll never be able to find it as the only store in the area that carried back issues of comics closed mid Janurary. And I don't shop on line since I prefer actually interacting with the cashier.

12. Jedi_Ben_Skywalker

Jedi_Ben_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    [joey]How you doin?[/joey]

I hate Friends;)

I wants DE. I dont really want any others at this point. Just DE.

13. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I realize that some of you like physically going to shops, but I think for the really hard to find stuff you should look to ebay or Mile High Comics. Mile High Comics often times has a lot of good sales and discounts or free shipping periods.

14. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    or yoiu could just go to darkhorse.com and buy it off them off the site they give you as they have every SW comic on it.

15. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    They might list them all, but they are definitely not all in stock.

16. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    some aren't in stock because they have are out of print but are collected into a TPB.

17. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Geez, when I saw the thread's title I thought w_k's back was hurting him or something. :p

As for comics, I'm usually on the lookout for Freedon Nadd or Empire's End.

18. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    And some TPBs are out of print. Then you're stuck.

19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Actually, I do have a sore back :p

20. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    I'm lookin for Fredon Nadd, Emipres End and One of the TTT like # 5 or something. Also Empire # 4. I have 1,2,3,and 5. No one I know has seen #4.

I have a brother in law that has almost everything SW and his wife wants him to get rid of it all. I can't wait until I offer my help by storeing everything in my book case for him.

Mwahhhahahahahahaaa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.