main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Back to the Black- A Firefly/Serenity RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LeiaHair, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:Chimer Tanner,Classified Location

After bowing to her brother Chimer let him take the offence. She jumped over the kick to her leg and twisted in the air to land on top of her twin. Seperating her legs at the last moment she landed gracefull standing over him and went into a front flip to avoid anything he would have tried. A small smile twisted her once joyfull face into a cold and scary image. 'Oh no brother. You know better than that.' she chided in her head.

She let him attack. She defended. As it always was. Alex had always been head strong,well,for as long as Chimer could remember. Finally,after what might have been minutes to the twins but was surly longer,Chimer drove her elbow into her brother's collar bone.

It was her first offensive move of the match. 'Ready to start round two?' she thought at her twin.

TAG-Alex,Mr.Kay

2. Nethrin

Nethrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    Alex Tanner
    Classified location

'You cant win' He thought to his twin as he rolled away from her. He came out of the roll in a crouch. As he stood to his normal height he smiled at the girl. She was very defencive but when she hit- it hurt.

He knew that she knew that he liked to use kicks and flips in his fighting. He liked that style alot. But to beat her he needed to change. He ran at her and crouched down as if he were going to kick out at her. Instead of kicking he punched at her with his fist.

He knew the move probobly wouldn't work, she would know his trick. They were twins, and more. They knew what the other was thinking. Any fight with them was just a matter of who would get tired first.

TAG: Chimer, Mr. Kay

3. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005

Chimer smirked at her brother. With a quick movment Chimer doged the punch and grabbed her brothers wrist. She twisted and pushed him back,useing his wrist as leverage. It was hard almost hard enough to break the bone but Chimer refused to do that to her brother ans spun away,then changed her mind.

Again,she drilled her elbow into her brother's chest. She knew that he knew what she was doing but she wasn't even begining to tier. 'Oh yes I can win. You move to much. You'll tier before me brother. Have you learned nothing Alex. It will be just like last time they made us fight. Do you not understand that? I am your older sister,I will win.' Chimer taunted her brother from across the room.

She was four minutes older and reminded Alex every chance she got.

TAG-Alex,Mr.Kay

4. Nethrin

Jun 6, 2006
    IC: Alex
    Classified location

Alex staggered back when his sister hit him. He regained his balance and glared at his sister as she taunted him.

'Whatever, mei mei, I don't care.' He liked calling her his little sister. It had less to do with age and more to do with height. As he sent that thought to his sister he walked to the wall where he knew that Mr. Kay was standing on the other side of. He pressed his hand against the wall and staired at it.

"Play times over, I don't like this game." He said out loud for anyone who was listening.

One of Alex's major problems was his mood swings. He could go from angry to happy and vice versa. This was his biggest thorn for the Alliance. He was head-strong and when he didnt want to do something no-one could make him. With his statment he had anounced the end of the fight, and that they couldn't make him start again.

5. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:Chimer Tanner,Classified location

Chimer watched her brother with interest. She didn't care to fihgt with him but she didn't really see why it mattered. They had fought before. He had won some and she some. They were evenly matched. Tipping her head to the side and approached her brother. "Relax. Are you hurt?" she said aloud.

'What is wrong brother? I did not hit you that hard. You should have hit me right back. They control us. We listen. Why are you rejecting our Master's teachings?' she sent to her brother,chooseing to ignore the mei mei comment.

TAG-Alex,Mr.kay

6. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Mr. Kay
    Classified

Mr. Kay look into the eyes of the boy through the oneway wall. His expresion did not change. The boy's attitued was expected. He had been harder to brainwash than his twin, who was, the better fighter. But Mr. Kay knew he needed Alex... Alex was the brains.

Together, they would lead Mr. Kay's army of gifted young ones. For the Alliance, of course.

It was also nice, Mr. Kay thought, that these kids couldn't read his mind. He had learned early on, with River, that he had a nack for blocking these 'gifted' kids from his mind.

Mr. Kay turned to the opperaters behind him. "Turn on the song."

A brilliant tone errupted in the room. The notes echoed through the spherical room, reaching the twin's ears. A smile formed on Mr. Kay's evil face. Behind each note of the happy little tune was a special subliminal message. A trigger. The two would fight to the death.

A man behind Mr. Kay, a high ranking offical of the Alliance, realized this as the music began. "They'll kill eachother!"

"Senator, I do not intend to lose one of my top pupils. I will stop them before the mortal blow. Now if you will, sit back and watch your precious weapons."

The man sat without another word, his blue eyes opened wide.

This was going to be good. Mr. Kay thought dangerously.

TAG: Chimer, Alex

OOC: Remember guys to give and to take... each character has a strong point... and I have given you one to make it fair. Use it... Just try not to overpower the other, give room for the other player to gain on you AS WELL AS make mistakes. And make mistakes yourselves. They are not perfect. Not even River is perfect. But good job. Keep it up!

7. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005

Chimer went completly stiff. Her programing was kicking in,she didn't like it. She was willing to fight,she liked to fight but she hated to be forced. This felt like forcing. Then it took over,as she knew it would.

Ripping her brother from the wall she flung him to the other side of the room as if he weighed nothing. While he was in shock she drove her elbow into his collar bone again,this time it had enough force to break the weakest point but she was off a slight bit. The mistake didn't faze the teen as she twirled away. 'Rule one,if you aren't there your opponet can't touch you. Rule two,there is no such thing as mercy.' the programming rang threw her head.

Inside Chimer felt as if she was watching all this. She had no fear though. They wouln't let them kill each other. She wasn't sure why but they were important,Chimer felt it. Her breath was even and unlabored. Chimer was aware her brother had a stronger mind but she knew she was the better fighter. And it wasn't like she was stupid either.

TAG-Mr.Kay,Alex

8. DoranNu

DoranNu Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    IC: Simon and River Tam

A junkyard... years ago, Simon would not have considered entering within a breath of these places. But his life had been changed. Suddenly, after spending lots of time on Serenity, and coming to like the ship as much as anybody else on the crew, a junkyard didn't seem all that bad.

Of course, because of Kaylee, he had learned that many of the things being thrown away were actually newer than a Firefly-class vessel itself.

That's where Kaylee was now, rummaging through parts. She was looking for something, but always finding something else that they might as well take anyways. And Kaylee being Kaylee, she might as well love the new part as much as getting the one she originally wanted.

Like the port compression coil she wanted the previous time they were on Persephone, when Simon smuggled River in cryo onto Serenity itself. As he was telling River now...

"See, River," He said, pointing. "That's where Serenity landed last time. You were asleep then."

"Asleep like the dead, frozen like the dead." She mumbled back, eerily accurate.

"You were not dead. You were cryogenically frozen, mei mei. It was necessary to get you on the ship. You know? You like the ship. You like flying it."

River smiled. She did like flying the ship. Simon wondered if she knew she was replacing a good man in Wash.

Simon looked over at Kaylee, wondering what she was doing...

TAG: Kaylee (if Pash is around)

9. Nethrin

Jun 6, 2006
    Classified location

Alex glared at the wall as the music started. Thats when he was thrown across the room. It hurt. His training rang in his mind, 'outthink, outsmart, outwit, outlast'

Images flashed in him mind. Images of the human body. Of pressure points. He couldnt out fight his sister but the right pressure point and she would pass out. His thoughts gathered, he ran at his sister. At the last moment he leaned back and fell to the ground. He slid past her, feet first, and turned to the side. He jumped up and grabbed at the back of her neck. What he managed to grab was her shoulder. An image flashed in his head of pain centers in the shoulder.

He grinned and evil grin and squeesed his hand, driving his fingers into her shoulder, One finger on the pain center. For some reason he lost his balance and fell, letting go of his grip. As he fell he kicked out with his let to trip her.

10. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Inara Sera
    Persephone

Inara read the message a few times, she couldn't understand how even Mal could be doing this. She took off with a lurch and shot towards the location of Serenity. It did not take long to reach it. The thing about Persephone is that the rich and the poor live so close together that one of the major industries is perfume so the rich don't have to smell the lowerclasses. The streets could change from polished marble one second to dirt and sand another.

Serenity stood out amond the battered ships, after the Miranda incident Mal and the crew gave the ship a clean from the inside out leaving it shiny in both senses of the word. Inara's small shuttle fitted into the side of Serenity perfectly, without a single jolt.

Velvet shoes walked quickly on the metal grates that were so often the only form of flooring on Serenity. The shoes stopped and kicked a door/ladder open. Inara climbed down the ladder and stood staring at Mal. She stayed looking at him silently for a second than threw a small pot at him.

"How dare you! How DARE you! I would have thought you of all people Mal... no thats a lie but I would still have thought you'd think." She shouted. Noticing his bemused expression mixed with shock she sighed. "We're going to Sihnon and you didn't think to tell me first. There were reasons for my leaving and more reasons not to go back. Do you realise that I would have permanant work if I stayed there, didn't you think I must have a reason for not being there. Gorram it Mal, I would have thought even you..."

tag: LeiaHair

11. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:Chimer

Chimer felt like someone stabbed her in the shoulder. It wasn't pleasent but didn't slow her down for to long,only long enough to get knocked to the floor. She was up and out of harms way for the time being. 'Fine,back to round one.'she thought as she prepared to defend herself instead of fighting.

HEr programming howled against. 'You must attack. You must attack!' it screamed at her.

'No,he will kill me if I attack. I will defend.' she thought,the programming took a hint and let her get back to her fight.

TAG-Alex,Mr.Kay

12. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Kaylee

"Oops," yelped Kaylee as she took a tumble from a mountain of metal and high impact plastics, outdated upholstered ergonomic pilot gear and circuitry.

From somewhere the other side was heard the ummistakable breathless drawl, "No, really! I'm O.K.. I'm O.K.."

She stood abruptly and examine a tear in her brown bolero, but as she looked down her eyes caught the glimmer of solder and wiring fitting the distinct pattern of a now museum collectable board, the type that routed signals and timed power boosts to thruster relays. "Pure heaven," she whispered kneeling down to draw the meter long board gingerly from the pile that had partially covered it.

TAG: Simon and River

13. DoranNu

Sep 15, 2004
    OOC: Right... Leiahair is going to be gone for a bit. Trouble at home... anyway, I'll take over Mal and Mr. Kay... and I'll now answer Mal's tag since Nethrin and Genimay are doing fine.

IC: Malcolm Reynolds

"Sihnon?" A somewhat smiling expression took over Mal's face as he looked back over at the Companion. "Who's said anything about Sihnon? I's hope Simon made it clear on that message we weres going to Cupid, which is, although very close," and Mal put his two fingers together in a gesture to emphasize, "still not that world. If Badger had gone along and told me to go to Sihnon, well... we'd have to avoid a little homecoming for you."

He bent down and picked up the pot. "I'm hoping you treat my shuttle there betta' than my pottery."

TAG: Joesha

14. Nethrin

Jun 6, 2006

Alex jumped up from where he was on the floor. he let out a deep breath and thought over his options. He fixed his mind on a plan and smiled. He ran straight at his sister and jumped at her. He grabbed at her neck with both fists.

His hope was that she wouldnt expect him to do something like this. He usually dodged away at the last second and would kick but this time it was simple. Right to the neck.

TAG: Chimer

15. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    OOC: Can someone please start Zoe off?

16. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005

Chimer went to block a kick. Then she felt her brother go for her neck. Her eyes opened in surprise but managed to grab his fists as they wrapped around her neck. She forced them to the ground. 'Stay on top. He pins you and you die.'

It was now a battle of strength. They were equally matched. Chimer fought to keep the pressure off her neck and dug her knees into Alex's chest to make him fight for air also. She would not submit,it was not in her programming. 'Kill. You must survive. Kill or be killed.' her programming rung through her head.

TAG-Alx,Mr.Kay

17. Nethrin

Jun 6, 2006

He was having trouble breathing but he kept his hands around his sisters neck. His programing telling him to kill his sister.

'Kill or be killed. Kill or be killed.' rang through his head over and over again.

He looked into his sisters eyes. They showed that she would not give up, just like his eyes would tell her. It was now who would last longer. One of them was going to die in the room and Alex swore to himself that it wouldnt be him.

18. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005

Chimer saw her brothers detremination. She saw his strength. His ability to push just a little longer. She saw the same through the reflection of her eyes. They were so alike sometimes. It hit her as strange,as she sat there choking her brother,their mother had always said they were different on the outside but had the same soul. 'This must be what dieing feels like. Thinking about odd things. They never prepared us for this. I love you.Alex. I wish I could fight this programming and hug you instead of hurt you. Kill or be killed. Kill or be Killed.'

The teen let her eyes dift shut in a meditative state but her finger became stronger as they fended for her life and the presure she was putting on Alex's chest increased. A tear ran down her face,wether it was from physical pain or somehting deeper Chimer didn't know.

TAG-Alex,Mr.Kay

19. DoranNu

Sep 15, 2004
    OOC: PressRed, you can start her off anywhere. Don't need any prompting from anybody. I'll bet Zoe would stay on the ship though...

IC: Mr. Kay

Aiming the gun at the two siblings, he fired. He watched as they writhed in pain from the stun gun, then Alex fell off Chimer, both unconscious.

The official, who had followed Mr. Kay from the control room, was standing behind him. "You're insane!"

"That's been considered." Mr. Kay replied, not really caring. "Without proper pushing, these subjects will never be able to survive."

"My subjects, sir. I was placed in charge of this project before you joined. Overall, they are my jurisdiction and I make the decisions." The senator replied.

"Hmm, yes, well, may I make a decision that we vacate the room before they awake." He began to walk back to the door, while he made a gesture to the control room operator to turn off the music.

TAG: Nethrin, Genimay (you two just wake up)

[b]IC: Simon and River Tam[/b]

Simon heard a crash and went running. Climbing up and down the piles of thrown away wreckage, he came upon Kaylee, standing from a fall. Her hair was tattered in places, dirt covered her arms and a tear was in her shirt.

And he loved it, personally. She looked beautiful even if he'd have been repulsed by it a year ago. He smiled at her, "Are you alright?" he said with a hint of sarcasm.

[b]TAG: Pash[/b]

20. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    IC: Kaylee

She looked up, the light at his back and covered her eyes. "Nothing a little thread and a kiss can't fix! Hey, can you help me with this board. I found a beauty - a DX-3030 Wilhemina fused circuit relay booster."

Kaylee followed Simon's eyes to the tear in her bolero and smiled broadly. "Come on. Its stuck and I don't want to risk damagin' it more 'n it is already." She looked around for River. "Where's River," she asked with a hint of concern.

TAG: Simon

21. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Good news!!! Everyone is doing great! Bad news... I might not be back for at least a week... maybe a bit more (I'm on at school... my time is short :_| )... unless I get on my parents good side this week. ([face_praying] PLEASE GOD!! PLEASE!!![face_praying] ) Doran, my most wonderful CoGM, is in charge untill I'm back. I talk to him on the phone often, so any questions you may have, you can ask him... and if he doesn't know, he'll ask me.

But already we are getting complements on our RPG!! So, passing it on to you, you guys should know we are doing great!!! AND WE'RE STILL ON OUR FIRST PAGE! Keep up the hard work!

Red, go ahead and post... you got a bit of a promt... but I wanted it to be more open... more up to you. Just stay true to the character!

Nethrin, Genimay, you guys are doing great! Just use this time to build your character. Doran or myself will be PMing you some extra info you will need to know... top secret... classified info :D

MTW... just... keep doing what you're doing. I know RL is crazy... no rush. And stop second guessing yourself. You're doing awsome, and I couldn't think of a better person to play Jayne.

Pash. *big hug* You're doing great!! Just relax! And take your time, we know you have a full schedual.

Doran.... thank you so much! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. Thank you.

AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL. Even you silly Candians *cough*Doran*cough* who have already celebrated it! Take the next few days of. Don't worry about posting, though, if you can't. I know it's a busy time. Sit down, have some turkey... and rolls... and don't forget pies (just finished making about 200 pumpkin pies this morning at work), and then watch the football game. (GO KC!)

THanks everyone.

-Amanda-

22. DoranNu

Sep 15, 2004
    OOC:
    Yes, I do, you tell me all the time.

And what secret information?

o_O

23. LeiaHair

Aug 9, 2003
    OOC: Okay everyone. My parents have granted me two hours a day... so I am now offically back. I know everyone is getting back from holiday... and just getting back into the week... and RL is a sucker... but let's not let this game die. If no one has posed by this weekend, I will be moving us on.

24. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    OOC: Please tell me if i've missed where you are and you can ignore this, but there's no location under the "IC:"

IC: Zoe
    Ship

The world seemed such a different and lonely place after the departure of her late husband, Wash. Soulmates until the end is how she felt. A sense of being lost aswell, without him. But Zoe had to remain strong, the fighter she always has been.

She was calmly walking around the ship and heard a smash. After the smash, a womans voice was heard, a raised womans voice. The voice was that of her pier and friend Inara. Her voice was followed by that of a calm male, her Captain, Mal.

"I'm hoping you treat my shuttle there betta' than my pottery." Mal had said to Inara. Prehaps not the best arguement to walk in on, if there ever was one. He was lifting past of a broken pottery vase up.

"Capt'n, you know Inara better than that. She wouldn't damage a shuttle..?" Zoe interrupted, and turned to Inara, raising her eyebrow.

Tag: Inara, Mal

25. mosrael_the_waker

mosrael_the_waker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2006
    Jayne
    Persephone, the bathroom of some sleazy establishment

?Lo mah! Now that was fun.? Jayne said buckling his belt. Thomas blushed as she tried to straighten her hair in the dingy mirror above the sink. ?Leave it messy, I like it that way.? Jayne said reaching over to tousle her reddish brown bob. Thomas playfully slapped his hand away and Jayne pretended to attack her.

?Are you thinking what I?m thinking?? Thomas asked after Jayne had wrestled her to the ground. Jayne nodded, then stood up and slapped his stomach.

?I?m hungry.? Jayne boomed as Thomas shot him a baffled look. Jayne tossed her tiny frame over his left shoulder and gave her a gentle slap on the rear ?C?mon, I?ll take you some place nice.?

A slightly less sleazy establishment
    ?You were right, they do have good wings.? Thomas said wiping sauce from the corner of Jayne?s mouth, ?and I thought it was all about the décolletage.?

?The what?? Jayne asked looking around the room.Thomas began to explain when he held up a hand to interrupt her,?Never mind, listen, I just realized I don?t have any money-and a gentleman never lets the lady pay. So we?re going to get up and walk calmly to the door, and when we?re outside we?re gonna run like...well, we?re gonna run fast.?

?Of course.? Thomas giggled. She folded her napkin, placed it on the table then took Jayne?s hand as they casually headed for the exit. Just as Jayne and Thomas reached the door, there was a commotion at their table. ?Stop him! The thug with the knife!?

?Pingfang chen wei.? Thomas muttered under her breath.

?Let?s run, potty mouth!? Jayne launched himself through the door pushing Thomas out before him. The two raced down the street and darted into a back alley, before melting into a crowded marketplace. Once safely across the square, Jayne followed Thomas through the crooked streets of cramped houses until they reached the general store where, Jayne suddenly realized,he had inadvertently stolen his mother?s handkerchief. ?I should get back to the ship before I cause anymore trouble... I guess that means we hafta part ways.?

?Prob?ly.? Thomas kicked the dirt with the toe of her boot.

?Mal don?t take kindly to stowaways, otherwise...?

?Right.? Thomas nodded.

?Well, I?m off.? Jayne said.

?Ok.? Thomas fidgeted with Jayne's shirt sleeve.

?I guess I hafta leave to be off.? Jayne ran his hand over his head.

?Maybe.? Thomas shrugged.

?A?ight, bye.? Jayne turned and took a step forward, then immediately turned around and took two steps forward. ?Thomas, will you be my pen pal?? He spat out quickly.

?Oh!? Thomas laughed, ?Of course!?

?Great!? Jayne shouted.

Thomas dug through a small leather bag at her hip and found a pen and scrap of paper. She quickly jotted down her coordinates and slipped the paper down the front of Jayne?s pants with a wink.

?Thanks.? Jayne whispered giving Thomas a kiss...and another...and another...?Well, I don?t have to leave right now.?

?Over there looks good.? Thomas pointed out between kisses.

?Well, then.? Jayne chased Thomas into a lean-to on the side of a shoe repair.

TAG: Jayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.