main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Back to the Future

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Thena, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Does anybody here know whether there are any plans afoot to make a new BTTF game? As far as I know, there hasn't been any made in the last few years, but now that the BTTF trilogy is out on DVD I was wondering whether they might get around to making one.

It would really rock if you could race against time on the DeLorean, and maybe also have a few skateboard/hoverboard competitions.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have always thought that the BTTF franchise could provide some of the preeminent adventure gaming in the genre. Think of DoTT -- this could be better and funnier...

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Great Scott!! What's DoTT? :confused:

Remember, I'm a newbie when it comes to gaming... :(

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Day of the Tentacle, a funny old adventure game.

5. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    So how do we get Universal to develop a BTTF game? I mean, you'd expect they'd be thinking of every possible way to milk the franchise for all its worth, wouldn't you?

6. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    The closest thing you'll find to Back To The Future game is a Universal's Studios Theme Park game for gameCube. it featires a whole bunch of mini-games from the theme park. The BTTF one involves ramming that bully dude after he steals one of the time cars.

7. DARTH-PLONKER

DARTH-PLONKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    And no, don'y go out and buy that, it's crap.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    No, I wouldn't buy a game based on a theme park... unless that theme park was Disneyworld :p

But seriously, does anyone know about any BTTF games being developed? Is it up to Universal or up to Zemeckis to get such a project going?

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'vwe always dreamed of a BTTF adventure game. It could be really good.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There hasn't been a BTTF game since the days of the NES, which had two sidescroller titles- one for BTTF1 and a second title that contained both BTTF2 and BTTF3.

They were pretty hard, as I recall.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    There was also a Genesis BTTF3 game. Not good, by the way.

12. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    that wouldnt be a very fun game but i guess they could make one.

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I beg to differ with ya, Monkey. I think it could be a lot of fun. You could have land races and sky races with the flying DeLorean. You could have some fun with the skateboards and the hoverboards. You could even travel to other eras and race around in cars from that time. You could have missions were if you didn't get things just right, you ended up in some derranged, messed up alternate universe and then you had to go back and fix whatever you did to alter the space-time continuum.

I see a lot of possibilities, if only they get good writing going on there, not just good programming. It could really be awesome!!

14. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    A good BTTF game would be great. Those old NES games were some of the absolute worst video games I've ever played.

15. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Yeah, we've never seen a good BTTF video game. For some reason, some of the older systems would go cheap on movie adaptation games. Seeing how the films are quite old now, though with the release of the DVD boxed set, that probably wouldn't merit gamecube to do one. Not unless a new film came out.

16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    "Seeing how the films are quite old", huh?

So are the Indiana Jones movies... ;)

BTTF is one of Universal's best franchises ever. They made the theme park ride, they put together a really nice DVD set spared no expense promoting it; they made an animated series... I don't see why they wouldn't think it makes sense to make a good game out of it. It's still one of the most popular film franchises from the late 20th century.

17. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I don't think a BTTF game would be such a good idea if it follows the "Great movie-Crap game" rule.

18. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Well, then let's hope it wouldn't!! ;)

Maybe if they could have LucasArts involved...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.