main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Background Characters

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Django Fett, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    In Rogue One, it's a nickname. So yeah. I imagine that's the case here.

2. ToilesHeroiques

ToilesHeroiques Jedi Master

Apr 28, 2010
    [​IMG]

I want his name (or specie). So cute. ]-}

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    In Dryden's place -
    the decraniated make an appearance - still for me, one of the most horrific "beings" in the SW universe. The whole concept is so disturbing and the execution is so well done (albeit briefly)

Django Fett, 11-4D and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Is there something on my face?

[​IMG]

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Very rich movie in terms of background characters.

Waiting for the inevitable 100 action figures that will be released.

6. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    As for classic OT aliens, I only saw Twi'leks and a Rodian (besides Wookiees, of course).
    Are there any more?

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    They are now seen much more clearly than in Rogue One really. He even speaks to one of them. Apparently they follow spoken orders. I wonder if Evazan is behind all of them or do other butchers follow his procedure to produce these disturbing things.
    I don't think there is any more really- mostly new aliens and some species from other new movies like tognath. But rodian and twi'leks is more than before in disney movies already (if we don't count returning characters like Ackbar and Nien Numb)- I was positively surprised they had that rodian there- such a simple thing, but it made my day.

Yes I saw the movie, and that is exactly what makes appearance in Rebels inconsistent with it, since there Kessel was in free space like any other planet- no cloudy things around it at all- not any special problems to get there. How this is explained in the new canon remains to be seen. But it needs explanation now.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Fantastic to hear about the Rodian. So my hopes for an Ithorian one day are not lost.

TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    At last, the Rodians have revealed themselves to the general public. At last, they will have recognition.

Bossk_Baby and TCF-1138 like this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Rodian looked great, too. Really nice to see some classic SW aliens again.

11. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    This is one of my biggest gripes about TFA and TLJ, the lack of OT/PT aliens. We know from the PT that some alien species were similar in their spread to humans, e.g. Twi`lleks, Rodian, Nikto, Weequay, Gran, Ithorian and Mon Cal. In the ST they were completely ignored. Don't get me wrong I love the new alien species and I think the overdone it with the legacy species in the first seasons of Rebels, but I hated that they did some new aliens that looked nearly like OT ones. For example that "not quite an Ithorian" in Maz' castle, the not quite Hutt from Canto Bight or to a lesser degree the double Gran from Solo. A healthy mix of old and new is what I would be most happy with. Heck, with the new tech, they could even do some of the abysmal PT CGI aliens as puppets ( was that a member of Boles Ror species at the Sabacc table that shatters his teeth in frustration?)

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    When I was young and had seen TESB I though Lobot was similarly horrifying, for a person to be lobotomized and their brain computerized and they were essentially a zombie controlled by Lando. The decraniated are basically pushing this idea further and further.

Cantina Regular likes this.
  13. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Not characters as such, but I enjoyed all the EU and Lucasfilm nods in Dryden's collection.

There's Indy's Golden Idol, albeit with a different face, I think. I'm pretty sure the Holy Grail from Last Crusade is in there, too.

And one of the standout pieces, the death's head skull of Xim the Despot from Han Solo and the Lost Legacy.

[​IMG]

14. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    The Solo a Star Wars Story - The Official Guide is full of new aliens, most even have names and species and backstories. I’m very impressed especially since the last few left many new aliens without such details.

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I was pleasantly surprised with the alien diversity in this movie, the sabacc game alone knocked Canto Bight out of the water.

Jedi Daniel and Cantina Regular like this.
  16. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah, I'm afraid I'll need the Visual Guide. I particularly liked the new droids -- the various ones that weren't quite astromechs or gonks but had elements of both, in the Kessell rebellion. They were fresh but familiar and I dug 'em!

Cantina Regular likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    There was a Gigoran on Kessel. He had the same breathing apparatus as Moroff from Jedha. I need a movie about him, Lucasfilm. Immediately.

18. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Yeah, I saw that Gigoran. Didn't it have light yellow fur?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Looked white to me.

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Solo has my all-time favorite cantina band. The little green alien in a jar (jar?) and his beautiful duet partner. The song was definitely the chillest and swankiest one yet (big contrast to Jabba's less sophisticated taste), and I loved the jazzy, Brazilian bossa nova-sounding (almost João Gilberto) vibe to it. And the little green alien in the jar laying down those deep, smooth tones? Hilarious. Wish we saw a bit more of them.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  21. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    The other Wookie who was helping Chewie looked a bit weird, though. There didn't seem to be any fur on his/her face.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The visual guide notes that the wookies on Kessel (including Sagwa, the one you're referring to) didn't react well to Kessel's poisonous mines, and lost a lot of hair in the process.

Krueger and wobbits like this.
  23. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Oh wow. Thanks. My copy is in the post. I will devour it when I get it. Are there pictures of any of the Wookies?

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. :)

25. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Only Chewbacca and Sagwa