main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Backgrounds needed for characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Runaway_Shadow, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm going to start writing a second fic soon and for this I need some background information. Normally I would find it out myself but, I'm a bit short on time :(

Anayways of you can give me the names, ages and short bios on these character I would be forever in you debt :D

the characters are:

* Ganner

* Zekk

* Raynar

* Corran

* Mirax

* Wege

* Gavin

Thank :) :)

2. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Zekk:

Hair: Black
    Eyes: Green
    Love Interest: Jaina Solo
    Home Planet: Coruscant
    Series found in: YJK, NJO

Background:
    Friends with Solo twins while young on Coruscant. Twins went to Jedi Academy, Zekk became a street urchine in a gang known as the Lost Ones. Twins came back years later, found him, and took him to academy. Was kidnapped and taken to the Shadow Academy, and taught to use the Dark Side. The twins kept him from turning after the Shadow Academy attacked Yavin 4, but he vowed never to use the Force again. He became a bounty hunter. He was pursuaded to come back to the Jedi, and has since helped them during the NJO. He was with the mission led by Anakin Solo that went to Myrkr.

Hope all this helps.

3. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    Okay, i got u Corran's. its from kelly's site. Here goes:

Childhood, CorSec, and On the Run

Corran entered the Corellian Security Force Academy immediately upon finishing secondary school.
    His mother was present at his graduation, her face a mixture of pride and fear.
    Corran set many new records at the Corellian Security Force Academy, including breaking one that had been set by his father, who had in turn broken his father's record.
    Corran and his father had always gotten along, but they grew even closer when his mother died. He came to feel that there was nothing that the two of them couldn't take.
    Corran and Iella partnered together for two years. They had been partners for six months when Corran's father was murdered. She and Gil Bastra helped him through this difficult time.

It is mentioned that Corran and his father had both worked hard to bring down Booster Terrik. Based on my calculations of when Booster was arrested, I find this hard to believe. Corran had to have been in his teens when Booster was arrested, and therefore not even in CorSec Academy, let alone on the Force. Unless he helped by looking through datafiles at home, I really don't see how he could have happened.
    Iella says that Corran seemed to know where Loor was going to be before Loor did. Corran had also programmed Whistler to give him a signal to alert him if he somehow happened to have missed Loor's imminent arrival.
    Corran and his father thought there was going to be trouble on the day that Hal died. They did not encounter any, so Corran allowed himself to relax. For many years afterward, he used this as one reason to blame himself for his father's death.
    He watched his father being murdered a hundred meters away from him. He was watching Hal by remote as he sat in a booth talking to a human male and a female Quarren. Bossk came in and blew away all three people. Corran held his father in his arms, but it was too late. He later arrested Bossk and brought him in, but Kirtan Loor let him go.
    He found his father's gold Jedi Credit coin in Hal's pocket after Hal's murder. Afraid he would lose the coin, he had it fixed into a collar so it could be hung on a gold chain around his neck. Believing it to have been a good-luck piece for his father, he regarded it in the same way. This is the only memento he has of his father.
    Corran had never liked Kirtan Loor, but his dislike escalated after Loor let Hal's murderer, Bossk, go free.
    When the Imperials started getting quite a bit of power and influence with the Corellian Diktat, Gil Bastra started creating fake identities for Corran, Iella, and Diric. He and Corran created fake smugglers that Corran supposedly killed in cold blood. He and Gil then staged a public falling out so that Kirtan Loor would have no idea that they were working together. Before leaving, Corran decided to complete one more mission, which consisted of inspecting some small-time smugglers coming in-system. Instead, two flights of TIEs were waiting for him. Luckily, Whistler had already plotted courses away from Corellia for Corran's imminent departure, so it was easy for them to jump out. Loor retaliated by putting out a death mark on Corran for murdering the six fake smugglers.
    The X-Wing that Corran flies is one that he drew from the pool of craft that CorSec had confiscated for their use on missions.
    Corran was on the run for a year and a half before joining the Rebellion/New Republic.

The Rogue Squadron Years

One of the reasons Corran joined the New Republic is because he sought justice that was denied to people that were oppressed by the Imperials.
    Corran still questions whether he did the right thing by joining the New Republic. Mainly, he wonders if his father would have approved. He is pretty sure that Hal would have, but since he never actually heard it from his father's lips, this plagues him. He is also afraid that his father would not be proud of him for this decision, even though he believes Hal would've supported the decision.
    Corran's first roommate was Ooryl Qyrgg.
    On the

4. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Wow, that's certainly background intell on Corran. Thanks. What's the link to that site. Looks interesting!

Thanks for Zekk too!! :) :) :)

5. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Anything on the others??

6. CommanderAntilles

CommanderAntilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    Mirax-

daughter of Booster Terrik, married to Corran Horn, grew up going around with her father(i think), after he was put in Kessel spice mines she became a freelance freighter, owns the pulsar skate.

She appears in the x-wing series and briefly in the njo- at least she's mentioned.

That's all i can really remember...

7. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Yay! Thanks! :)

8. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    The only ones I know much about are Zekk and Raynar, so here goes: Zekk is an orphan, his home planet is Ennth, he's a few years older than the twins, and when he first met the twins, he was living with a pilot named Peckhum, I believe. Oh yeah, and he turned to the Dark Side for awhile during the YJK books, then became a bounty hunter, and finally became a Jedi at Luke Skywalker's academy. As for Raynar, I don't know much about him, but his family is from Alderaan (I think they were traders of some sort, but I'm not sure) and he asks a lot of questions, mostly to show how eager he is, or to impress people, or something to that effect. ;)

Hope you can interpret my ramblings and make them of use to you. ;)

9. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I'll take Raynar in more depth, because no one else seems to know much about him. :)

Raynar Thul is a Jedi student in the YJK books. He is from a wealthy Alderaanian trading family. His father, Bornan Thul, uncovered a secret warehouse of Palpatine's that stored horrible diseases engineered to affect assorted non-humans. Obviously, this would be exptremely valuable and dangerous, and was permanently recorded in his navicomputer. In an attempt to keep this hidden, Bornan Thul went into hiding. A huge bounty was placed on his head-- alive or dead. So Raynar Thul, and of course all teh other characters, went off looking for him. Finally, there was a big showdown at the warehouse, and Raynar watched his father die before his eyes.

Raynar used to be incredibly stuck-up, thinking himself a great Jedi who could do anything. Then he was defeated in a lightsaber duel with a Dark Jedi, who found him too pathetic even to kill. Since then, Raynar is extremely humble, even to the point of reluctance to do a Jedi's duty.

That helpful? :)

10. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Yay, thanks!

11. Jedi_Wurth_Skidder

Jedi_Wurth_Skidder Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2002
    Ganner is tall, 6'3" - 6'5" range. He has a yellow lightsaber that he built himself. And he's from the planet Teyr.

Ganner first was very cocky and supported Kyp Durron in his views of the Force. He was friends with Miko Reglia, so when the Jedi Knight was killed by the Yuuzhan Vong, Ganner went on the offensive.

Ganner was wounded on the planet Garqi. Following the battle, Ganner repented for his cocky attitude and used a cauterizer to seal a wound on his face, leaving him with a long jagged scar. He claimed that the scar was a momento of his former self.

After the battle of Garqi, Ganner wasn't seen in the NJO until Star by Star, when he volunteered to be the decoy leader for Anakin's strike team. He continues to serve the Jedi to this day and hasn't had a major role in a book, although he's listed in the short Dramatis Personae for Traitor, so there's still hope.

12. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Thanks! Really needed that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.