main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Backyard Drive In Theater

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Hans, check a map. Bosh is just a couple of minutes away from me, the other end of the world from you.

2. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Thanks for the advice Amber_eyes. I will take the train and then hoof it to Dave?s house, with food and all! If you can?t depend on anyone, then depend on your self, it?s all cool thanks again!

3. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    With all the rain this week people, don't forget your Off bug spray. Or we could just have Dartha and Bosh jello wrestle in the kiddie pool. I'm sure the smell of that would keep the bugs at bay. (and with that cannonball...he jumps into the game)

4. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I just found out I can't make it DOH!

5. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    who will we pick on?

6. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    I hope Thom didn't scare you off. Or is the fact that it's on the Southside scare your mom?

7. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Oh no didn't scare my mom at all we have the end of the year band banquit and I forgot about it.

8. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I'm REALLY going to try for the ESB showing, since I'm on vacation that week.

I'll bring an innertube in case it's still raining by then.

9. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    A replacement LD player arrived today and appears to be working correctly. It even has a remote control! Heckuva lot of EMF being pumped out of the outputs, though. Makes my stereo receiver go all wonky.

So should we change Friday's movie to "Passage to India"? Who's with me?

10. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    I am so there, I spoke to a friend of mine who is also a Chef, and he will be hooking me up with some Leon?s Jumbo Hot dogs. I will also bring some Mushroom salad, Coleslaw salad and some Burgers with the trimmings like kosher pickles, Onions tomatoes and cheese! Let me know if you guys want anything, I can swing by my friends place and get something.

11. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    One thing to note. I only have one table. That table will have the projector, receiver & LD player on it. So, this will be picnic style. I also don't have kitchen cabinets and counters. Well, I do, but most of them are in boxes or in various states of construction in my kitchen and living-room. So if you are going to bring potluck keep in mind there's not a lot of surface-space upon which to put it.

I'm pretty hyped up about this. This is actually the first time I can remember actually watching A New Hope with anyone in a long time. It's surprising that Chicago Force hasn't gotten together to watch the OT at least once in the past 5 years. I guess it's one of those things we take for granted. And it's hard to make "mundanes" sit through an entire viewing of Star Wars it seems.

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    gotta agree......

it will be awesome to watch the movie with nothing BUT Star Wars nuts.....most people I know just don't get it...

13. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    I'll be glad to bring some old vinyl tablecloths to put on the ground if we need them.

14. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    OK, I now have a big table back there for whatever food needs there be. I also tested the gas grill. Fired right up. You can bring yer meat, or if you like there is an awesome produce mart half a block up the street, you can get all the shrimp, meat n' vegetables you'd ever want to grill up for pretty cheap.

Here's tomorrows Drive In Movie Forcast:

7 PM Sunny 57°
    8 PM Sunny 54°
    9 PM Clear 51°
    10 PM Clear 49°
    11 PM Clear 47°

Prolly wanna bring a sweater for after dark.

15. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    movies=popcorn

;)

16. Amber_eyes

Oct 22, 2001
    Sweater nothing! I'm hauling out the winter coat!

17. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Here's the updated forcast, it hasn't changed much...but yeah, a warm jacket's probably in order.

7 PM Sunny, Feels Like: 53°
    8 PM Sunny, Feels Like: 51°
    9 PM Clear, Feels Like: 49°
    10 PM Clear, Feels Like: 47°
    11 PM Clear, Feels Like: 47°

18. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    I am out the door now as we speak around 5:30pm. I am going to make a few stops and pick up some food! Hope to see everybody there.

Dave you never called me back about the Laser Disc, which one are we using! Call me on my cell phone before 5:30. Thanks

19. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I just hit Rolling Meadows (ex-home) and stopped to use the net since we STILL do not have it in Belvidere. Got the address and am map questing as I spea...er...type. Next...fun with Memorial Day Weekend trafic on 90.[/color]

20. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    *shrugs* Ive decided not to go to this one. Almost forgot about it. I think Ill go to the next one..

21. TheExecutor

Nov 8, 2002
    I just got back from the drive in movie! Had a blast and had fun being the official Burger King! But seriously I had a wonderful time and I want to thank Bosh, Hazmat, and Destiny Froste for a wonderful time and the ride I got from DF. Can?t wait for next one, I?ll bring the more food! It was really nice to meet you Schph_Gochi and Amber_eyes! Had fun swearing at the screen and I got all choked up when Porkins bit the dust! So long Dack!

22. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    The Drive-In was a Phenomenal success. I had a great time, it was great to meet a few more people and put some faces with the names. Pub-time was awesome, I haven't laughed that hard in a looong time. It was a blast to egg you on Exec, and now that I know that it's soo easy to do......And nope, DF I think it would take far more than you're prepared for to scare me off. Good times Bosh! Can't wait to see what the ESB one will be like.

23. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Awesome event....
    Thanks for opening your home and yard Bosh....it was very special to see "A New Hope" with obsessed fans...
    =D=

Very, very nice to meet you Executor....I now can put a face to the name as we bump into each other in cyberspace on the boards in the very weeee hours of the morning...

would have loved to join you guys at the bar...however...I had been up since 3:00 am......going into a warm room would have made the eyes heavy...

can't wait till the next one!

24. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks to everyone who pitched in to make last night such a success. Especially Hans "The_Executor" for not only bringing a ton of food, but manning the grill for everyone.
    Thanks to everyone else who brought food.
    Thanks to Dex for bringing booze!
    Thanks to Hazmatt for bringing the LD player!

ESB is gonna rock!

25. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Well I guess Im going to go to the next one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.