Backyard Drive In Theater

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by Bosh_Talk, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Just filled up the gas grill with those lava rocks so we can put the heat to the meat on Friday...weather providing. Looks sketchy at the moment. Let's hope for the bestest.
  2. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    What's your back-up date if Friday gets rained out?

You _do_ have a back-up date, don't you?

-Le Penguin
    "Kick 'im in the grill!"
  3. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    any idea as to when a decision would be made to call "the game" on account of rain?

4. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have a "Rain-Date" per-se, as I have to rely on other CF'ers to come through with some of the necessary items for the event (Hazmatt & Tara). So, I'd probably just move it to the next scheduled event and the movie scheduled for the Fall would just fall off the end (Sorry LOTR).

I will make the call here at work on Friday at 4:00. That should give people who were going to drive in from the Outer Rim plenty of time to know if they want to drive in or not.
  5. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if I will be there Friday... I'm going drinking right after work, and may not be in any condition to drive down to Dave's place in time for the movie. ;)

So I'm hoping it rains... problem solved!
  6. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    BTW....the calendar at chicagoforce.org shows ESB as June 18th?

7. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Good news (so far). Here's the current Forcast

Friday, June 11th

7 PM Partly Cloudy 69°
    8 PM Partly Cloudy 68°
    9 PM Partly Cloudy 67°
    10 PM Partly Cloudy 66°
    11 PM Partly Cloudy 66°
  8. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, SG, the calendar at CF.org is dependent on our webmaster for updating, and he's kinda lax about it sometimes.... ;)
  9. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    wow Thom......
    you have the large kahones (sp?)....
    calling Hazmatt lax

:eek:
  10. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it's looking grim, as we may be catching the last few hours of bad weather for the week at the end of our movie. However, the radio's been saying it'll clear up sooner. Check back here at 4pm for the final call.

7 PM Partly Cloudy 71°
    8 PM Partly Cloudy 69°
    9 PM Isolated T-Storms 67°
    10 PM Isolated T-Storms 65°
    11 PM Isolated T-Storms 65°
  11. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    Intriguing.. Well I hope to see you guys there. I know Peaches said he would be there, but other then that I really dont know. I mean.. Er.. My Dad wants to go, but other then me and my dad I wont be bringing anybody along(like I would anyways) so I guess Im just gonna have to stick with Peaches since Gina and Mary are out of town, are they not?
    And wait.. Whos gonna be wasted?? *gets all freaked out* I need to know who to avoid...
  12. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Everyone bailed on the glorious Los Straitjackets show tonight, so if the weather holds up, I'll most likely be there.

-Le Penguin
    "Georgia on my mind..."
  13. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    I am gonna be there but in case my car craps out like it has been recently can anyone give me a ride?
  14. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    At this point I still plan on going....
    but will check back after 4:00 pm.....
    or

I may be in my yard trying to clean up the mess from last night's flood waters....

:mad:

15. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    If it doesn't rain I & my son will be there. If it does rain we're going to go see Shrek 2.
  16. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, It's A GO!

I'd still say bring your rain-gear, but it's calling for scattered, and it's been dry here all day (though overcast). I'd guess if it does rain, it'll pass quickly.

See you all between 7-9
  17. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey dave i can't find your address can you post it up again.

Also is anyone from the north side heading down there that I could bum a ride with.
  18. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]I'll be there with bells on...oh damn...forgot the bells in Belvidere![/color]
  19. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it to this one. It's my friend's birthday and since I had to bail on them last night I promised him I'd hang with him tonight (I don't get to see him that often). But on the upside of not being there, by not coming tonight I'll have waaaay more liquor for ROTJ. Hmmmm, a drunken chorus of "Yub Nub" could be video worthy!
  20. flippingyodacola Jedi Knight

star 2
    Crap! I cant go... Gotta pack for da class trip tomarrow. *makes more lame excuses about why she cant go* Eventually I will go.. To the last one.. or something...
  21. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    No, you need a CAR! Or at least a Vespa, yeah a Vespa would do nicely for you. You could cruise around going "Ciao!" all day. LOL. What an image!
  23. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a Car but something in it broke its going to the shop this weekend so I can't drive it down there.

well I guess im not able to come if you can give me a ride give me a call at ..... but its 7pm already so i guess everyone is already there.
  24. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Methinks Dex is a fellow Izzard fan....

So how was the show?
  25. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Methinks you're right!

Fraglebert Humptyback! But I like Jerry Dorcy!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.