main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Backyard Drive In Theater

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Yow, don?t post your phone number?Peaches?! Hope some one will edit Hawk Bates post!!! Bad move buddy!!! Some of our more unscrupulous members may start to prank you, or worse give your number to sales services!!! I made the same mistake when I posted my number about two years ago for the RPG!!! Hurry before you have to change your number like me!!!

2. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Just got back from The Empire strikes Back Backyard Drive In Theater! Had a blast and thanks for the complements on the food! I will try to make the next one, but it?s looking like I my not make it. I am going to my wife?s family reunion in Orlando Florida.

3. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks again for everyone who came out tonight. Glad the rain in the last quarter didn't stop the game. BEST FOOD EVER! Thanks again Hans!

If you didn't make it this time, make sure you've scheduled in our July showing of Return Of The Jedi. It'll be on the 17th.

4. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm glad I was able to make it down there, eat some damn find burgers, enjoy the movie, act geeky without fear of reprisal, and meet Dave's beard.

Oh, and Leonard Maltin must die. Perhaps I'll use his sun-baked bones to murder Thom...

-Le Penguin
    "Will things ever be the same again?
    It's the final countdown..."

5. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    You gotta stop providing clues to how you're going to eventually murder me, Penguin... at this rate, you'll be sending riddles to the police by the end of the year.

I plan to make it for ROTJ in July.

6. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Independance month
    With the jawbone of an ass
    He is tall, blonde...dead

===================

OK, that's more of a haiku, but it's riddle-ish.

7. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    glad you guys got to see the whole thing...

I am kinda glad I left early as I got caught in a massive monsoon on the way home that eventually closed Wolf Road completely due to standing water....my yard was entirely underwater yesterday...it has since drained off....

8. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Just a reminder that we'll be showing TPM this Friday. Sorry, I had to squeeze it in so close to RotJ, but it's the only way I could really fit all of the movies we're showing in the schedule before it starts getting cold.

9. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    so....
    are you going to be raggin' about TPM stealing your childhood all night...or will we be safe?

[face_mischief]

10. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    I think it speaks for itself.

11. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Jar Jar was the clown who killed Bosh's father when he was just a boy... it all makes sense now!

12. SpinyNorman

SpinyNorman Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2004
    Dinsdale!

13. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can 'Dinsdale' at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even
    those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

14. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
  15. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    Schph, if you don't know a Monty Python quote instantly upon hearing it (even if certain Dinsdalean additions have been made), then you have led far, far too sheltered a life. You really should take at least one day of your life to watch that thing that everyone else has in their living room. It's called T-E-L-E-V-I-S-I-O-N! 8-}

16. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Don't feel bad Sch, I've never seen Monty Python either.

17. JediErica

JediErica Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    Last saturdays party was great. Even though I had just watched ROTJ with the 4 year old kid I babysat earlier in the week it was fun to watch it again with everyone in Chicago Force. It was also nice to see everyone again after a year. Hans made probably the best meal that I have had all year.
    Erica Crawford

18. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Well...the only Monty Python I have seen was "Life of Brian"...it had its moments...

I am very excited to see PM again tonight...
    sorry Bosh...I loved it!

it was what inspired me to get into costuming also...not that I am THAT big into costuming...I have a few....but as soon as I saw the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon costume....I had to have one!

19. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    btw...
    Executor....you coming tonight?

I have some very fresh veggies...as in...still in the ground/on the vine.....

If you are coming...I will bring some...

20. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Exec' is in Florida at a Family Reunion this week.

21. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Oh, BTW, does anyone have a good copy of TPM on DVD? I've scratched mine up (from using it as a coaster)....which is why I abruptly stopped the "Dissecting Episode One" updates when the movie wouldn't play anymore.

Otherwise I'll go rent it at Blockbuster.

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I have PM on DVD....but it is not widescreen....
    but will bring it along anyway....

...and I actually fixed some victuals....
    I remembered there was a map in my Star Wars Room on how to find the kitchen in my house...

who knew....

23. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I, unfortunatly will miss tonight. Between the book club tomorrow, bristol on Sunday and general drive to party in chicago, I can not afford the gas nor do I have the energy to drive back and forth once last night, once tonight and twice tomorrow....if that makes sense. Anyhow...have fun, eat good food and be merry! Maybe I will pop in my copy at 9 and be with you in concept ;)[/color]

24. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    ....and Phil...thanks for bringing the Wierd Al stuff...I had never seen the video for "Saga"...heard the song around a billion times when it was out..but never saw the video...
    ...and that damn song was going through my head the ENTIRE weekend....

25. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Though it's not really Star Wars or even Geeky, I thought I'd let all my CF friends know that I'll be showing the newly released "Purple Rain: 20th Anniversary Special Edition" on the big screen in my back yard on Friday August 27th.
    Yes, I know how horrible the movie is, except for the concert footage, but I invited all the friends I made in line for Princes After-Party on Saturday Night

WARNING: BRAGGING BELOW
    [boast] Being the professional line-sitter that I am, I got to the H.O.B. 8 hours before the show started and was 3rd in line. Since the show was general admission I was was up-front, center-stage. Anyone who's been to the H.O.B. knows that means literally 5 feet from the stage. Not only was it the absolute best musical show I've ever seen in my life (I mean we're talking Rock & Roll Hall of Fame'r doing a 30 minute guitar solo including "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zepplin...but possibly the greatest (living) saxaphonist, Maceo Parker and drummer John Blackwell. Top that off with Sly & the Family Stone's Bassist Larry Graham (also of Graham Central Station) and instrumentalist Najee, established Saxist (not to mention scorching hot) Candy Dulfer...and you have possibly the most musical talent put together in one act in the history of Rock N' Roll (I've seen Bruce & The Stones BTW).
    And....Prince pulled me on stage. I ***T you not. Prince pulls people up on stage at all his shows....and he looked at me and said "Brother get on up here!" After my liver fell out (His Purple Magesty called me "brother"!!!!!!!) the stage security guys helped me up on stage where I danced my white ass off for at least 30 minutes with some of the other people I stood in line for 8 hours with. Overall it had to be one of the best 2.5 hours of my life.
    Anyway, if anyone doubts my yarn, please feel free to come to my Purple Rain:SE screening in a few weeks and my O(+> friends can confirm. [/boast]
    End Bragging Space

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.