Chic, IL Backyard Drive In Theater

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Bosh_Talk, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    If it's not to cold and there's enough interest. After we get through the Extras we can vote on one of the movies to watch.
  2. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    I vote for Radioland Murders.
  3. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be sleeping under the stars on Friday night (camping)....
  4. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Current Forcast for Friday Night's screening of the SW:DVD's.

Clear all evening into the morning. Winds under 5mph.

6pm 75°F
    6:43 pm Sunset
    7pm 73°F
    8pm 70°F
    9pm 67°F
    10pm 65°F
    11pm 63°F
    12am 62°F
    1am 61°F
    2am 60°F

5. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    Despites today's warm temps, I think I'll bring a blanket for tomorrow. Any idea how long the Extras DVD runs?

~H~
  6. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    the big-ass making-of doc is about 2.5 hours, there's maybe 45 minutes of featurettes, probably twenty or so minutes of trailers and commercials, and then about ten minutes of episode III preview.

that's about all I can imagine you guys watching, since the video game stuff is boring as spit and it wouldn't be much fun clicking through a stills gallery with a group.

I'm gonna say no more than four hours of material.
  7. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    let's see, 2 1/2 for the main doc, say another hour for the featurettes, 15-30 minutes of scrolling thru still galleries, 10+ minutes of trailers...

all in all, I'd say about 18,000 hours.

Has anyone else who's watched a chunk of the extras disc noticed how often they throw that EpIII "duel" footage at us? Obiwan and prot-vader had better do more than punch each other by the time they really get down to it.

-Le Penguin
    "I am an Antichrist"
  8. RexGetz Jedi Knight

star 2
    I might make a quick Doctor stop; it all depends on how I come out of the Sox game.
  9. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I was about to make a comment about how much the Sox suck, but a quick check of the scoreboard reveals they've actuall won three in a row... has the world gone topsy-turvy!?!?

-Le Penguin
    "Nurse, prep these children!"
  10. TheAnalRetentiveFnBy Jedi Padawan

11. RexGetz Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeap, the Sox are out of the race and they might suck; but I'm still a SOX FAN no matter what. Anyway, your right Le_P, now they are doing the job the should off months ago. Well I can argue, the boys did pretty good considering that they have no pitching staff and their star player is missing.
  12. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    how'd it go?

What was the reaction?

...am getting a late start on the camping and am getting ready to load up the truck...

13. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Alec Guiness was right....colorization sucks!
  14. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    The image was much better, and colors much more vibrant. However, the color tweeks were a bit extreme at times, and not consistent (what was with the color of Han?s shirt in ANH, it kept changing from ivory to practically yellow?). Hayden looked stupid at the end of ROTJ. R2 is much more blue, and much shinier. The Extras DVD didn?t really have a lot, if any, new material. Visually it was much better, more crisp, more detail, but some of the tweeks were distracting.

All in all, I?m glad I didn?t buy it for myself, may be I?ll get it for Christmas.

~H~

15. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Join us this Friday, for the last installment of Backyard Drive-In theater where we'll be waching the Indy Jones Trilogy.

6pm Doors Open
    7:00pm-9:00pm Raiders of the Lost Ark
    9:00pm-11:00pm Temple of Doom
    11:00-pm-1:10am The Last Crusade

16. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    the last installment??

oh yeah. it gets COLD there.
  17. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like this will in fact (according to the extended forcast) be the last tolerable night of the season. It's supposed to be the last day of the season above 70 degrees (and it's supposed to drop below freezing on Monday night). Hopefully everyone'll wanna come out and enjoy it. I'd still recommend bringing jackets & blankets.

Friday October 1st

6pm Sunny 66°F (Gate Opens)
    6:33 Sunset
    7pm Sunny 63°F (Raiders)
    8pm Clear 61°F
    9pm Clear 59°F (Temple)
    10pm Clear 57°F
    11pm Clear 56°F (Crusade)
    12am Clear 56°F
    1am Clear 55°F
  18. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh oh...looks like the weather is gonna fail us tonight. And it's going to be way too cold tomorrow night.

I'll keep it a MAYBE till 4:30pm and post back here what the verdict is.
  19. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Screw it, let's watch a movie!

Maybe we can get Raiders finished before it starts raining (if it even does).
  20. Darth_Mime Jedi Padawan

Well, it's raining here in Hoffman Estates. At an hour drive and 33 miles (one way) to sit out in the rain -- I think I'm going to have to pass on this one. Dang! This is the one I was planning on attending. :( Dave, I guess you can keep that cooler for a while.

I hope all those there have fun and don't get too wet.
  21. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    We've moved it inside to my living room (still a 6' screen...er wall) if anyone else wants to come by.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.