Backyard Soccer

Discussion in 'Games' started by darklordoftech, Apr 25, 2013.

1. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    This computer game was created by Ron Gilbert's company Humongous Entertainment. It was released sometime in 1998 and is very important to me. Does this game mean alot to anyone else?
  2. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Backyard Baseball 2001 is an all-time favorite of mine (I'll still pop it in every once in a while and have a go at it), I love the entire series. I never played the original Backyard Soccer, but I did play the MLS Edition a lot when I was younger (I picked Carlos Valderrama just for his hair). Backyard Football was also great (the original and 2002), as well as Basketball. Hockey was so-so. There was a point when they started putting the graphics in the cheap looking 3D where the series started to tail off and I stopped buying them, but man did I have some fun with those games back in the day.

Pleasantly surprised at seeing this topic here!
    darklordoftech likes this.
  3. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Original Soccer is definately my favorite (although changing the colors and location names of real teams in original Football is awesome!). What about original Baseball, Baseball 2003 and Soccer 2004?
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Apr 25, 2013
  4. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I never played much of the original Baseball. My friend had a copy of it, but whenever I went to his house we played 2001 because we both liked it more. 2003 was also great (practically the same game), but I preferred the roster of players in 2001. And I actually own Soccer 2004, I found it at a local Half-Price Books a year or so ago, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Also, we can't have a Backyard Sports thread without posting one of the greatest video game themes ever, the tune that strikes fear into the hearts of pitchers everywhere:

5. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Apr 26, 2013
  6. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Wonder why they only have the original Backyard Soccer? I'd love to have digital copies of all my old Backyard games, as I wasn't so gentle with CD's back then and some of them are looking pretty worn.
  7. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    I know what you mean, but I'm glad original Backyard Soccer is finally getting some attention.
  8. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Also, if you go for the download and have a 64-bit version of Windows, let me know how it works.
  9. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Here's hoping that Gilbert gets the rights to all his creations back.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.