main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Backyards and BBQs

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Liz_Skywalker, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    I just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU to everyone who has so graciously shared their homes and grills for the benefit of the group in the past few weeks. I know I am still a newbie, but I'm really excited with what I have already seen, and I'm TOTALLY stoked about the events of this upcoming weekend. (Speaking of which, I am trying to get together a Han Solo outfit ASAP for my brother... if anyone has anything appropriate and borrowable could you please let me know? We have a blaster and pants and boots as of right now.) I look forward to similar events in the future, as well as continued fellowship and overall "good times" that involve a lot of wookiee whacking.

I personally find it very exciting to be a part of a group that has been GROWING so much even just since I joined. If I am to be totally honest here, Jerry and I were a little skeptical about remaining in the group after our first meeting at Borders... everything just seemed a little... contrived. But we decided to at least go to one more meeting and I'm so glad that we did! Ever since then we have both known that we really want to stay involved, and now even Spencer is getting into it...

I never thought I'd say it....
    But, LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE.

CHOSEN ONE - Smithious and I will see you Friday at six for costume inspection. Thanks to you and the Mrs. for all your help!

2. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Liz, thank you for the kind words. You, Jerry, and Spencer are very welcome among our group. I understand that the first meeting you attended was a little stressful but those days are behind us, I hope. Every group or club will have their problems but the trick is to try and be open with each other and voice our concerns before it becomes too much of a problem. We made our mistakes before, but by the Great Bird of the Galaxy we have learned a painful lesson and will do better.

The Crazy Old Wizard called me tonight to tell me about Wookiee Whacking last night. I will have to waggle a finger at him when I see him next for fighting without putting his boots on first >>Bad Wizard<<

I also received a very nice PM from an officer from one of the larger clubs that stated that from reading our posts they thought we are very active and have enthusiastic members.

So hang around because the fun is just begining, along with hair pulling, nail biting and all the other stresses of life.

Golda

3. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    I'll try for a vest.

4. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    UMB-Check your PM's

5. derekm001

derekm001 Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2005
    Hello All...

Is their a meeting on Friday? If so can you PM me with where. I might actually be home by 5-6 PM. :) I am hoping to leave Eureka at 8 am.

6. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    Thank you Bette, I meant it all.

Derek - I don't think there's any sort of meeting, just me and Jerry are stopping by Charles's place to pick up some costumes for tomorrow.

I have been so mad busy the last 24 hours!!! I have almost completed putting together a whole Han outfit, and I've also souped up some toy lightsabers that I happened upon earlier this week. Yes!!

7. derekm001

May 18, 2005
    It's ok, I didn't end up getting home until 8 PM anyway. I am waiting for Charles to call me with a departure time tomarrow morning.

8. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    I.W.S. 4 LIFE!!!!

"Backyards and BBQ's, better than..."

9. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    < I.W.S. 4 LIFE!!!! >

word. represent! ;)

10. Crazy-Old-Wizard

Crazy-Old-Wizard Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2004

"Backyards and BBQ's, better than..."
    ....moping around the house.

11. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
  12. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    8-}

Beats a sharp stick in the eye... or someone teaming up on you at Lazer Tag :D

Great time tonight sorry I had to duck out early (I'm back from B'field safe and sound by the way). Glad you know your way around a grill Barry! Always a pleasure.

I.W.S. it's not just a campaign promise...it's a way of life.

13. Liz_Skywalker

May 22, 2005
    straight up, dogg.

14. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    Does anyone else have legs that are SORE??? My legs are killing me.
    IWS=\m/

15. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    yes, thank you barry, for again being a gracious host.
    and for thinking of me, and giving my brain something to do besides tie itself in a depressed knot, the puzzle was fun.

16. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    "...thank you barry, for again being a gracious host..."

And I suppose I was just the "hired" help? I made two salads, prepared the fish, carried meat out to the grill, put the bread in the oven and then forgot about it after turning the oven off, bought the charcoal, fed my father, deboned the fish, plotted forms of revenge, cleaned the kitchen while you and the rest went off to storm the castle at the Adventure Park....but of course it is not my home but Barry's so that makes him the host.

Golda of the slightly ruffled feathers.

17. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    My backside hurts, but that could be from sitting down so long as I played ferryman this weekend... plus sitting on my tuchus all day watching movies. By the way, I can highly recommend The Last Samurai(hadn't seen it before) and Hidalgo(seen it many times). Also the Family Guy made for DVD movie was pretty funny too.

If there are any Doctor Who fans out there the BBC7 internet radio station is running a series of 8th Doctor radio shows from Big Finish on Saturdays, but you can listen to 'em for a week after as well, they're quite good.

Yep, didn't do nothing today. =P~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you just unruffle your feathers Golda, because your contributions were much appreciated as well, (liked the corn and bell pepper salad a lot). You can carry stuff on trays better than anyone! [face_batting]

18. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    eeek. MAJOR faux pas. :oops:
    <clears throat nervously>

"i humbly beg your pardon, ma'am.
    and i hope you know i didn't mean it that way.

"thank you Mother Palapatine, for again being a gracious hostess... and a good cook."

(and for not threatening my life when i rinsed the dishes- this time)

19. xdarthsmithiousx

May 18, 2005
    Thank you both Barry AND Bette. Anytime we get together over there, it is quite enjoyable. In fact, ANYWHERE we go, everyone does an amazing job at making us feel welcome. You all rock

20. derekm001

May 18, 2005
    Thank you Berry for opening your home and slaving over the hot lava, roasting our enemies.

And to Betty for being a gracious SITH leader and taking care of her Empire's Subjects.

I am just happy we finally got to the desert !!! Was about 11:40 or so... but we made it.

Until next time...

-Derek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.