main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bacon Studios Incorporated

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Bacon164, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    -Closed-

2. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Nice idea, IMO. I actually kind of like that lay out, even though it is proboards. Looks pretty good. I may have ti sign up. :D

Though, how is this going to work? Explain it to me.

3. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I had to go with Proboards because of all the codes they have... and I figured out how to get 'right' colors on there.

Okay, first you obviously have to make a character. You think up an idea and present a detailed plan to the Studio, and if it passes you are given a sub-board for the pre, pro, and post production of your movie. You obviously have a budget, and you need to use it wisely. You have to purchase some stuff, and you have to get a cast and crew. Once this is all set up, you can film your movie, which involves making a series of RP threads that include what can be seen on a movie set the day it is filmed along with the actual footage. Then you have to get the special effects threads up, and then you make a thread where the actual movie will be and combine the footage with the special effects. I would add a music part... but obviously that wouldn't work. Once this is finished, you have to once again get it approved by the staff. If they like it, they'll give it an MPAA rating, and you can have the premier. If you go too far over budget, the project will be canceled and you might be sued or something. There are monthly 'Bacon Awards' where you can win prizes for your 'movie'. I haven't got the kinks worked out, but it's moving, so I guess that's good.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Your template is simply stunning. Very well done! =D=

5. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I concur with the others - very nice looking design! :D

6. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    The only thing I can really take credit for is the color scheme.

The banner was made by Pat4513. I did make the gradients but I used an automatic generator, and I found the on/off icons on Google. But thanks for the compliments. ;)

7. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    How did you get the Staff colors to look like the ones from TF.N? I didn't think you could do that on ProBoards.

8. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    It's weird explaining it. I just combined what Proboards had with what Invision Free had and boom, pretty colors. :p

Here's the code I used:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.