main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bacta War Participants during NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Pellaeon-Firke, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Going through the Dramatis Personae of The Bacta War, we have:

Wedge Antilles (Retired, called to duty during NJO)
    Tycho Celchu (same as Wedge)
    Corran Horn (Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron pilot / leader)
    Gavin Darklighter (Rogue Leader)
    Riv Shiel (KIA)
    Inyri Forge (Major in Rogue Squadron)
    Iella Wessiri (Intelligence Agent, fairly high up)
    Winter (aide / caretaker of Admiral Ackbar)
    Ackbar (retired)
    Mirax Terrik (still hauling cargo)
    Ysanne Isard (KIA)
    Erisi Dlarit (KIA)

The ones I didn't list are the ones I'm unsure about.
    Nawara's Booster's second in command IIRC, and Vorru is presumably doing life at some backwater prison.
    Dark Tide has a line about Admiral Nunb (presumably Aril).

That leaves:

Pash Cracken (presumably roughly like either Wedge or Gavin)
    Rhysati Ynr (??????)
    Ooryl Qyrgg (Findsman maybe, ????)
    Asyr Sei'lar (Bothan revolutionairy, maybe, ???)
    Elscol Loro (??????)
    Zraii, Emtrey, Whistler, and Gate / Mynock are all roughly in the same boat.
    General Cracken (????)
    Liat Tsayv (?????)

Any help here?

Also, in Destiny's Way it refers to Corran being Rogue Leader. Does that mean that the Leaders are:

Luke
    Wedge
    Tycho
    Gavin
    Corran
    Whoever was leading it while Corran was on Zonama.

Any answers there?

2. cthulhu-spawn

cthulhu-spawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2004
    Y'know, I've always wondered what happened to Gavin myself. I mean, it's like he just went off to Endor, the land of EU limbo sometime after SbS and has yet to be heard from since. I don't think they'd kill him off without even mentioning it, would they?

3. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    I'm pretty sure Gavin was Rogue Leader throughout the NJO and lived through the war.

Pash Cracken is in The Final Prophecy and has a lot of page time in The Unifying Force. He was leading a part of Wedge's fleet before...things happened to him (I won't give anything away to people who may not have read those books yet).

And does he really count as a Bacta War participant? He didn't do a whole lot (at least, not intentionally) for the Rogues.

4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Gavin was still leader of RS in TUF. He lead the rogues during the Battle of Calmari.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Ysanne Isard (KIA in the NJO)

6. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    There's a conspiricy theory on these boards that I don't recall who to attribute to, but it states that Isard was actually kept alive after IR, and made a prisoner aboard the Lusankya. When the Lucy made its suicide run, she was left aboard.

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I doubt they left her aboard, more like she wanted to stay aboard her doomed ship.

8. cthulhu-spawn

cthulhu-spawn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2004
    How could they take her off the ship if they didn't know that she was aboard? As I recall, Isard's continued existence aboard the Lusankya was something known only by Iella Wessiri. Plus, Isard's compartment was completely sealed.

9. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Maybe Isard survived operation Emperor's Spear. We need a villain for Denning's trilogy.

10. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    <announcer voice>Isard was left for dead... several times... and now she's back, ready for vengeance
    <uma thurman voice>I am gonna kill Corran.

Kill Corran, vol 2.
    opens this Friday.

11. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Conrad:

I know about what he was doing; that's why I didn't put any questions next to his name.

jawajames:

Funniest thing I've read in awhile.

In Enemy Lines it says Gavin is Rogue Leader; in Destiny's Way it says:

"the grim, reliable Corran Horn leading Rogue Squadron."

Page 47 in the hardback, for those interested.

Is this a continuity lapse, or is there an explanation?

Also, I wish with all the cameos Ooryl would show up, also Sair Yonka. What happened to the Captain of the Virulence, whatever her name is?

12. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Perhaps Corran was leading a group of the Rogue Squadron, but not the entire Squadron.

Either Way, Gavin is leader in TUF

13. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    There's a conspiricy theory on these boards that I don't recall who to attribute to, but it states that Isard was actually kept alive after IR, and made a prisoner aboard the Lusankya.

Perhaps because I'm the one who wrote the detailed theory pointing out how we don't actually see Isard die but rather we see her think she's dieing. Least we forget Corran believed himself dieing in Rogue Squadron, The Bacta War, and Onslaught. And Stackpole has had a habit of making it appear that he has killed off a character only to bring them back later in the book or later in the series. Remember Bror Jace's death in Wedge's Gamble? Gavin's death in The Bacta War? Mirax's death in The Krytos Trap? Even Isard's own death in The Bacta War?

Though the fact that she dies in Rebel Stand has not yet been added to the theory, I added the theory and various supplemental material to my website for those who may be intrested in going over how Iella actually captured Isard and imprisoned her on the very ship that used to belong to her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.