main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bad Batch - Unaired Echo arc (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 9, 2015.

1. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I agree, I just want it to be these 3 Clones. And it would be cool to see some other characters in the Marvel series.

pepoluan likes this.
  2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Finally got around to watching these properly. A great arc - the story really drew me in to the point where I forgot I was watching unfinished animation, just as the Utapau stories did. That's a great sign!

I would love to see the bounty hunter arc and (after the novel is released) the Dark Disciple episodes in a similar format. Hats off to Filoni and the team for bringing this stuff to the fans.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    My take? While I'm not necessarily suggesting that the former members of Clone Force 99 need to show up in Rebels (it is it's own show, doing its own thing), I do very much agree that the Bad Batch fellas were a terrific new addition to the Star Wars canon and we should definitely see them again in some form.

Whether it be in a comic or maybe a novel; Clone War era or Imperial Period -- the members of CF99 have the potential to be much more than a simple, one-trick pony who are seen once and then totally forgotten. I'd absolutely like to have more of their story told.

Did someone mention that they were supposed to be a part of the Wookiee arc on Kashyyyk? Is that correct? Well, then maybe we can have that story published?

Or if they're ever considering new adventures, what about the idea of a story where the Bad Batch works together with the members of Delta Squad?

Two canon Republic Commando squadrons together in one exciting arc? Sign me up!

------------------------

Just the thought of this makes me question: Under the new canon, are the other commando units made up of clones who were genetically irregular?

Or, as I suspect, are the members of CF99 singularly unique in this regard?

If so, how would this make them different from a group like the Delta Squad? Would Boss, Fixer, Scorch and Sev just not measure-up to the likes of Hunter, Tech, Wrecker and Crosshair?

Or would the boys in Delta have something about them which makes them -- in their own way -- just as valuable to the cause as the Bad Batch? Like a lot of us, I fell hard for the Deltas years ago, and I'd like to think they could still hold their own. :D

-------------------------

Anyway, yes, lets see the Clone Force 99 guys again, Lucasfilm!

And while I'm at it -- Hey Hasbro, how about some Bad Batch action figures?

revan772 and starocean90 like this.
  4. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    Delta squad was in the thick of it since day-D. Which means they probably didn't make it, but if they did, I wonder how old they were at the end of the war.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The same age as Rex.

6. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Republic Commando: Order 66 and Imperial Commando: 501st explains what happens to Delta Squad. Long story short they fake Order 66, work with the Imperial Commando Unit for a while (sadly without Sev :() and eventually make it to Mandalore with Clan Skirata.

A story with Delta Squad and Bad Batch (including Echo) would be awesome. It could be on Kashyyyk while freeing some Wookies. I wouldn't care if it was a comic or story reel, I just want to see Task Force 99 and Delta Squad working together.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yep, in the "Legends-verse," they made it out.

I wonder whether we'll ever hear anything about them again in the new canon?

I imagine that nobody in the Story Group has anything at all planned with them on the horizon. But I'd love to see Delta again.

Which leads me right back to...

Heck, yeah!

8. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks.

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    motherf***ing Mace Windu.

10. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Anyone else having trouble streaming these from Starwars.com? I've tried different browsers and even different devices - I either get an error and they won't play or else they won't load fast enough to play (even if I pause the stream for awhile to let it buffer...).

I know my internet connection kind of sucks, but I don't have problems streaming from any other sites...

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    They worked fine for me the last time I watched them.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Well, let me just say this first, lets not bring legends stuff into this as it would de-rail any proper conversation on the material. Comparing the past is not a great thing anymore. we need to compare it with the new stuff as this is new canon.

Okay, I got that out my chest, this arc was fantastic, way better than the Crystal Arc. It saddens me a lot to know that this series was cancelled, as I knew from before they had way to many stories to tell. I remember back then arguing with several posters here that thought that the season 5 ending to TCW was good and that the show ran its course. I wanted to bash those posters for being short-sighted because we all knew that there was more stories in the pipeline. The biggest fault of this series was that they got to comfortable and continued expanding without really coming in with closure. Sure, they have a possible ending, but as we were told with the Bariss situation, it can be subject to change so while their internal timeline those un-told stories may be canon, they can also easily be over-written to tell a modified story. Which this leads me to the next point, Disney has done way better marketing job with Rebels than Lucasfilm/Arts/Animation or whatever did with TCW. There was never really good communication with Dark Horse in coming out with stories to tie to the series as in Rebels. Part of the reason was that the people at Dark Horse saw their star wars titles like KOTOR and Legacy drop in sales because of the TCW comics, which also didn't sell that well. Then you had some of the staunch posters on their forums that did not want anything to do with the new clone war series as it trampled over their favorite 1.0 clone war stories created by Dark Horse.

Bad batch while great and adds story and visual dynamics to the series is an example of a story that really doesn't have the sustenance that bridges AOTC with TCW to ROTS. It is just a story about clones, bad arse closes, and kicking but for a program that is a McGuffin. I know that some of you are going to say, well this is way better than that Mortis arc, or the Force Priestess arc and Mother Talzoin stuff. I also noticed that people who say that are people that want the force to be a boring situation and don't want expose and expansion on this, nevertheless I like the Bad Batch story as it was fun and it also was a reminder that Filoni and company have a lot more stuff that was going to knock your socks off. But it is also a story that extended the series way further without getting to the closure point.

I talked about too many things in one but the bottom line is: I loved the Bad Batch arc and was sadden to be reminded that this series was very prematurely cancelled contrary to those that think otherwise. Second, while I loved this arc, I also found it unnecessary to get to ROTS and in my opinion wasted an opportunity to get closer to the end. Third, I have to admit I am not thrilled that the people of TCW did not work better with Dark Horse to come with stories that were canon with the exception of that un-aired arc. I'm even more disappointed that the story group did not include the clone war comic books from Henry Gilory and Steven Melching, not the digest but the three arc 12 issue run and the special Darth Maul series that was set between Season 4 and 5. That is not something that I am happy with, and do appreciate Rebels having better cohesion with Marvel and Del Rey. Wasted opportunity on all ends with this. Lastly, TCW series was riddled with different arcs and stories that ranged from space fleet warfare, to ground campaigns, to trippy force and magic stuff, to politics. They way GL built, unfortunately required all these types of stories that you wouldn't see in Batman Beyond, Justice League, or Justice League Unlimited to name a few. This series was historical in nature much like the Young Indiana Jones chronicles with the exception that it covered a war from the end of AOTC to supposedly the begging and beyond ROTS. But to me, did having and creating all these excess stories make the series better or worse? Yes, it won some late Emmy awards and it got nominated for a slew of others but ........we still have a series that has no ending. No finish, no finality. I'm worried about the new star wars but that is a conversation for another time. Unlike some of you here, I think its time to bury the hatchet and stop coming out with all these unfinished, un aired arcs. It is better to come out with a comprehensive book and detail everything from cut scenes, to unfinished stories to art and just call it a wrap and move on than to continue to come out with bits and pieces of stuff like they are doing. It serves no justice to the series. Just chuck it up and move on, because it doesn't really look like they are going to come out with anything from this. Too many I don't know, we will see, who knows, trust in the force kind of stuff.

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I loved that they finally added the helmet for the pilots seen in ROTS. That may seem like a small thing, but I loved that it took 7 seasons for the helmets to reach ROTS. It made the war feel more realistic. Like how is season 5 we saw the droid gunships for the first time. It made it feel like the technology was actually evolving due to the conflict

Trebor Sabreon and Iron_lord like this.
  14. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Technically it took 4 seasons for the Phase II (ROTS) helmets to be introduced. I agree though that it did show a nice progression in tech.

Trebor Sabreon and darskpine10 like this.
  15. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008
    Watched the arc on Sun and really enjoyed it but it left me wanting more :)

Umm that is an interesting change.
    I'm still holding out hope that they are holding back the Boba Fett/Bounty Hunters arc to release along side the Boba Fett spin off film. It's not uncommon for feature films to get a animated straight to DVD release along side them.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would've liked to have seen V-Wings in action.

17. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I loved how the Clone Wars went so slowly developing the war (Droid gunships only debuted in season 5, ROTS pilots only debuted in Bad Batch), but it did have it's downsides.

V-wings are the best though, and it would be great to see them actually doing something.

Vorax likes this.
  18. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    ROTS Pilots actually debuted in the Order 66 Arc when fives knocks one out and takes his ship.

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Am annoyed Hasbro never got around to release a Clone Z-95 starfighter, talking good scale too not them mini-crap rigs.

20. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh, I haven't seen that one in a while (UK Season 6 Blu-ray still not been released [face_phbbbbt]), but it still took 6 seasons. I find that really nice.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Another person i know from the board just recently bought the US version of the Lost MIssions Blu-ray, and confirmed that it works great on a UK player. You may have known that but just in case you didn't.

22. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    The Star Wars facebook page told me this in February:

We are hoping to make an announcement about that very soon. Watch this space.

So I'm holding out hope for a UK release. It costs much more to import it, and I don't want to take a risk that it might not work.

23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I imported it, didn't cost too much and it works on my PS3. So if you're waiting for it to be released in the UK I simply tell you this......DON'T BOTHER GET IT NOW:D

Watto likes this.
  24. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    But 'soon' could mean any day now!

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

That was back in February

Lucasfilm runs on Valve time

Trebor Sabreon and SilentGuy66 like this.