main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Bad Batch - Unaired Echo arc (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 9, 2015.

1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I like the idea of the Bad Batch saying "screw it" and doing their own thing (hell, I adore it).

Who knows what those genetic alterations entailed, completely? Maybe they weren't subjected to Dr. Archeville's hypno-chip**.. er, the Kaminoan inhibitor chip?

And I'm pining (pining) to see an elite squad of Imperial Commandos who -- like CF99 -- engage in Black Ops.

An off-the-record Imperial death squad who engage in targeted killings for the Empire and who report directly to Darth Vader? Yes. Please.

Too dark for Rebels? Based upon Season 1? Probably. But let's see where the new season takes us. :)

Regardless, I'd be interested in seeing where the Bad Batch wound up.

**500 cool points to anyone who gets that reference. :p

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Hello! Did you not even see Echo during the Bad Batch arc?

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think you're getting too worked up over what is unfinished animation.

pepoluan and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  4. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Not really. I don't think you can really say that when you can't ever see my emotions. We are on the internet here. And it's not about getting too worked up, I just think it is Rex. That's my opinion.

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I posted some videos which have music from the arc. When the music plays in the arc can be found in the descriptions. Enjoy!

Watto likes this.
  6. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Wow that is awesome, thanks!

darskpine10 likes this.
  7. ARC Trooper Fives lover

ARC Trooper Fives lover Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2015
    I know I'm pretty stupid for asking this, but wasn't Echo killed in the Citadel mission? If not then how did he survive?

8. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Not at all!
    We thought so at the time...
    I don't recall if the Bad Batch episodes got into all the details (only watched them once so far), but I guess he simply hadn't actually been killed by the explosion during "Counterattack."

9. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    Where can I find the Bad Batch episodes? I've found lots of references to them, but haven't seen them. Which is strange, as I LOVE TCW

10. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    Thanks, by the way, for answering. I was afraid I would end up being disregarded.

The Positive Fan likes this.
  11. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    They only exist as story reels, not fully animated episodes, but they're good even in that form. They were screened at Celebration earlier this year and can now be watched online at starwars.com.

shorttrooper likes this.
  12. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    YouTube, maybe?

13. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    Thanks, your post came in late

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

They can be found at this link.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Or they can be found on youtube.

16. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
  17. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    Someone please check me on this. Wookiepedia is (for once), a bit inconsistent with its data.

Based on the armor designs, Crosshair is a Covert Operations clone.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150430222015/starwars/images/f/fb/Crosshair.png

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Covert_Ops_clone_trooper (yes, I know it's marked Legends, but that is the armor pattern and color scheme used)

Tech is a Special Operations clone.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Special_ops_clone_trooper

http://cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/bb630d0dd9f3a89320b30ead78c5d1be58131aa6.jpg

(note the distinctive earpieces shared with the Clone Commando armor (Gregor's armor)

Wrecker seems to be (ironically) a Stealth Operations clone (based on his all-black armor, though the pattern doesn't match).

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150430200945/starwars/images/e/e6/Wrecker.jpeg

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth_operations_clone_trooper

But what the kriff is Hunter? His armor isn't bog-standard clone trooper armor, and doesn't match any of his team-mates' armor either?

http://cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/f8d7200acafc710a6990d77f7fb02ae486b20aba.jpg

Any thoughts? Their Wookiepedia descriptions all simply refer to them as "clone commandoes".

18. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I guess they're all meant to be unique?

One thing I did like, was how Hunter's helmet lacked the T-shaped visor, showing that the designs are getting closer to the Stormtrooper helmet, which has two separate eye visors, and no T part.

19. ARC Trooper Fives lover

May 31, 2015
    Good point. Also, the Stormtrooper Corps was MUCH more diverse than the GAR, and so were the bad batch.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Looks like a Phase II style helmet and T visor with a lil bit of a Stormtrooper thrown in:

[​IMG]

Probably also inspired from concept art for Imperial Commando:

[​IMG]

21. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Oh Yeah, no ridge on the top of the helmet either.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Also in 2008's TFU the PS version had Clone Stormtroopers on Kashyyk that looked like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Trebor Sabreon and darskpine10 like this.
  23. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I love the slow development from Mandalorian helmet, to Stormtrooper helmet.

It's so gradual and realistic, to me.

24. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    All of them are Clone Commandos. But they do have unique armor that has parts taken from other clone armors. Crosshairs' armor is a mix between the Assassin helmet mixed with a standard helmet. Tech's is yes, a customization of the Special Operations helmet. Hunter's helmet is actually the Clone Commando helmet with the visor of a Phase 2 helmet. Also the entire team has black armor except for Tech who's armor is white and red. Echo's armor was going to be grey and red and the helmet is almost a dead replica of Captain Fordo's helmet.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anakin finally squashed the spider in one of his more Vader-y moments, that's what stands out to be after seeing this. And I kinda dug how the techno-union viewed their captive clone as "property". Even if the clone was illegally obtained, it is more property than person.