main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Bad Boys, JEDI Style

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by wawoot, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Oh good, Leif has someone of his own. He won't be crushed by Padme refusing him now. :p

Great update! Loved the wedding.

2. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    They're finally together! :)

Well, it looks like Leif found someone too. That will make it a lot easier when Padme breaks it off...

3. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    That was great i loved it very nice!

4. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Aww, it's so sweet:_| And you have no idea how glad I am that they are waiting till after they are married to have sex!

5. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    =D=
    I'm really enjoying this wawoot...real life is tough at the moment and so i may not have a chance to respond to every update, but wanted to let you know I'm still here and reading!

6. wawoot

wawoot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 21

The next day...

"I never knew sand could feel so wonderful," Anakin sighed blissfully, closing his eyes and smiling luxuriously as he lay next to Padme on the beach. "Let's never leave this island," he said happily, gazing at Padme with tender adoration.

Padme giggled. "You said that about the bedroom this morning," she reminded him. After last night's marathon of lovemaking, Anakin had refused to get up this morning; in the end Padme had been forced to shove him out of bed and onto the floor before he had reluctantly agreed that they needed to at least attempt to do a bit of filming today.

"Yes, that was good," Anakin admitted; then he broke into a happy grin. "But who needs a bed when you have all this sand?" he asked, picking up a handful and sifting it through his fingers as he watched it stream down in delighted fascination.

How lucky am I? Padme thought blissfully, gazing at her husband in wonder. To have married a man who loves sand as much as I do. She would never have guessed that about him; but after swimming out to the island this morning, Anakin had already made five sand castles and at least two dozen angels before Padme had finally pulled him away to do a little filming.

She rolled over to kiss him now, running her fingers through his sand-filled hair as he reached up to caress her shoulder gently with one hand. His right arm was half-buried in the sand, and now Padme could feel Ellie's golden hand and forearm playfully stroking her back. "Cut!" she giggled, crawling away from him. "Ani, don't do that! It's creepy!"

"Sorry," he apologized with a mischievous grin, still lying there with his arm half-buried; but Ellie's hand continued to follow Padme, tickling her and grabbing at her playfully as she tried to get away from it.

"Eeek!" Padme giggled, running away from the crazy droid arm that was now chasing her across the beach. "Ani, stop!" she begged, laughing. Finally the attack ceased, and Ellie's arm returned obediently to Anakin's side. "Keep that thing away from me," Padme scolded him crossly. "Anyway, were all done now; we've filmed everything on the list," she told him cheerfully.

"Good," Anakin grinned, sitting up and pulling his arm out of the sand. "Come on, let's make another castle!" he said happily, getting up and walking toward the wet sand by the edge of the lake.

They built three more castles and made several more angels, then swam back to the lake retreat and ate tunafish sandwiches out on the terrace; but the day passed too quickly, and soon it was time for Anakin to leave.

"No," Anakin protested tearfully, clinging to Padme desperately as she said goodbye to him on the docking platform. "I can't leave you," he choked miserably. "I'll leave the Order," he cried, holding her close and kissing her on the forehead.

"No, you won't," Padme reproached him sternly for the third time today. "Anakin, we've discussed this already. I love you, but I will not destroy your life. You've worked so hard; you're almost ready for the trials. And then, once you're a knight, things will be better," she reminded him gently, as Anakin nodded reluctantly. "And I will be so proud of you," she smiled wistfully, looking into his blue eyes.

Anakin smiled gratefully, nodding. "All right," he agreed sadly. "I will pass the trials, Padme. I'll work so hard," he cried desperately. "It won't be long now, I promise." He stroked her hair lovingly, with an apologetic, tearful grin; after swimming back from the beach he had attempted to do a Jedi Temple design by himself, but it had all fallen down and was a complete disaster at the moment.

"Goodbye, Ani," Padme whispered, tears filling her eyes as they kissed for the last time. Then Anakin held her close, and for one brief moment she was safe in his arms again; but then it was over, and after a final, tender kiss on her forehead, he reluctantly let go of her.

"Goodbye, Padme," he said softly, with a tearful smile; then he was climbing quickly into the cockpi

7. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    Poor Anakin. Thinking Obi-Wan needs to be rid of him. :( Obi-Wan just wants him to become a master so Anakin will find out they're bothers.

Great update! Very amusing how Anakin likes sand now.

8. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] Anakin was going crazy with the sand there! A definite change of heart!

Aw, Anakin thinks Obi-Wan wants to get rid of him...you know, I wouldn't be surprised if he did! ;)

Great post as always! Can't wait for more.

9. jedi_princess18

Jun 7, 2005
    How sweet! So I guess Anakin no longer finds sand irritating...

I do feel sorry for Anakin though- thinking that Obi-Wan wants to get rid of him, when all he wants to tell him he's his brother.

10. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    How lucky am I? Padme thought blissfully, gazing at her husband in wonder. To have married a man who loves sand as much as I do.

It's a good thing they worked out that little problem. [face_mischief] Gets love conquers all! [face_laugh]

I'm sorry I've been away from this story for so long. Real life can be a pain. :(

11. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    Great chapter! It's sad that Anakin thinks he's such a burden to Obi-wan if he only knew the truth things would be so much better for him! I am glad that he has resolved to work so hard to pass the trials!

12. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    Wow great updates Wawoot! Sorry I missed a couple, but I'm in the middle of exams now so my reading time is severely cut down. I can't believe, though, that you had the wedding on Tatooine! Of all the places in the galaxy to get married, Tatooine was not the one I would have picked, although the spaced-out receptionist was pretty amusing. I like the idea of the secret marriage for real between Anakin and Padme, because now it's aired on the holo, no one will think anything of them spending time together filming, and no one will suspect them of anything. And the little moments between them on that island were cute, especially Anakin chasing Padme with that hand. I suspect that with his new motivation though, Anakin will have passed the Trials within hours of returning to the Temple. Great writing as always, I hope for more soon.

13. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 22

Four days later...

"Where's Anakin?" Qui-Gon asked, obviously surprised to see that Obi-Wan had come alone. He had invited both of them to his apartment to watch tonight's episode of JEDI, which would hopefully include a scene from Anakin's recent trip to Naboo.

"He's in the library," Obi-Wan apologized ruefully, coming inside.

"The library?" Qui-Gon asked, puzzled.

"Yes," Obi-Wan sighed, taking a seat on Qui-Gon's couch. "I'm afraid the little talk I had with him last week backfired; he's done nothing but study since he got back from Naboo," he admitted regretfully.

Qui-Gon laughed gently. "Be careful what you wish for; it might come true," he reminded him.

Obi-Wan nodded sadly. "I didn't mean to be so harsh with him, but it must have hit a nerve. He's worked twice as hard at everything for the past four days, and hasn't whined or complained even once."

"No whining?" Qui-Gon asked, feigning alarm. "Oh dear... That's terrible," he agreed. Then he laughed light-heartedly, patting Obi-Wan on the shoulder as he sat down next to him on the couch. "He is a stubborn one," he admitted. "But he'll come around in a few days, not to worry," he assured him. "And then you'll come whining to me again, about how he refuses to apply himself," he added with a mischievous grin.

Obi-Wan pouted. "I don't whine," he sulked, as his father tousled his hair affectionately.

"Of course not," Qui-Gon agreed respectfully. "But in any case, you should be grateful for this exemplary behavior while it lasts. It seems your little talk the other day actually got through to him. It's for the best, Obi-Wan... You do want him to pass the trials, don't you?" There was a hint of reproach in his question.

"Of course I do," Obi-Wan insisted. "It's not that at all..." Then he sighed, hanging his head sadly. "No, you're right," he said quietly. "I want him to pass, I do, but... I'm afraid I'll lose him... I'm afraid I've already lost him," he admitted softly. Anakin had been acting politely distant for the past four days, ever since returning from Naboo; Obi-Wan missed his goofy, endearingly mischievous little brother.

Qui-Gon patted him gently on the shoulder. "You must let go of your attachment, Obi-Wan," he reminded him softly.

"I know," Obi-Wan agreed. Attachment leads to fear... "But I can't believe you're telling me this," he added crossly, giving his father a reproachful look.

Qui-Gon laughed good-naturedly. "Neither can I," he agreed. "I thank the Force every day that you turned out more like your mother," he added regretfully. "Master Yoda made the right decision in not letting me train Anakin; you're much more level-headed than I ever was. But I am sorry for putting you in this position," he apologized quietly. "I never expected you to become a Master before Anakin was knighted. I'm very proud of you, Obi-Wan," he finished, with a wistful smile.

Obi-Wan looked at the floor, suddenly self-conscious. "Thank you, Master," he said humbly. I don't deserve your praise; I'm no more level-headed than you ever were. And what I did was far worse... But he quickly shielded his thoughts, as he had done for nearly twenty years now. Has it really been so long? I am getting old...

"Ah - it's coming on," Qui-Gon said cheerfully, turning up the volume on his holo-monitor as they heard the JEDI theme song. "Who is it this week?" he asked, curious.

"Master Ki-Adi-Mundi," Obi-Wan informed him. "He just got back from a trade dispute on Tarsis; this should be fun," he grinned, settling back on the couch to watch the show.

It was entertaining, he had to admit. From what Obi-Wan had heard, the trade dispute on Tarsis had been settled rather quickly, and without bloodshed; but when the parties involved realized they were being filmed for JEDI, both sides agreed to stage an elaborate battle, and Obi-Wan laughed to watch Master Ki-Adi single-handedly take control of the situation and restore

14. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm a bit disappointed that Obi-Wan's secret relationship isn't Siri. I was hoping for her.

Otherwise nice update!

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    LOL. love that Anakin really enjoys the sand.

"No whining?" Qui-Gon asked, feigning alarm. "Oh dear... That's terrible," he agreed.

Sweet!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love the conversation between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Whoa!! So Qui-Gon was secretly married and Obi-Wan has been in a long term relationship. I really like these Jedi! :D :D

16. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh my! Obi-Wan getting hot and heavy with a prostitute!!!! Classic!

I can't wait to see Anakin getting knighted...and him growing out that gorgeous hair...;)

Great post!

17. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    Oh, poor Obi-Wan taken advantage of by a prostitute! I can see him trying to make sure Anakin doesn't fall into the same temptation!

18. jedi_princess18

Jun 7, 2005
    Obi-Wan slept with a prostitute? :eek:

I wonder how long it will be for Obi-Wan to figure out that Anakin and Padme are married?

19. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 23

Four minutes and twenty-six seconds. Obi-Wan paced back and forth in the hallway of the Jedi Temple, his heart racing as he tried to relax his breathing. Calm down, he told himself. Your nervous pacing isn't helping him any. He could hear the hum of lightsabers on the other side of the closed door, along with constant bumps and thuds and the occasional grunt as Anakin battled against Yoda and Windu.

Four minutes and thirty-nine seconds. Obi-Wan closed his eyes, steadying himself and attempting to send a calming, encouraging vibe to his padawan. Anakin had made it almost to the five-minute mark; just a few more seconds and the final trial would be halfway through.

Five minutes. The corners of Obi-Wan's mouth turned upward in an involuntary smile, and he breathed a sigh of relief; but his knees felt suddenly weak and he sank down onto the nearby bench. He's going to make it, he realized suddenly, tears stinging his eyes. Five more minutes and he will be a Jedi Knight. Slumping forward, he cried bitterly as the realization hit him.

I have lost my padawan... Obi-Wan felt a sudden, painful aching in his heart, a terrible emptiness that nothing else could fill. What will I do when he is gone? Anakin had been by his side for the past eleven years; his best friend, his constant companion, his entire reason for being. Obi-Wan couldn't imagine life without him. And yet he knew that in a matter of minutes, that unimaginable fate would become a reality.

Six minutes and thirteen seconds. Obi-Wan desperately wiped away his tears, composing himself. It would not do for Anakin to emerge victorious from his final trial, only to find his Master a weeping, pathetic mess. Obi-Wan managed a brave smile as he listened to the sounds coming from within the training room. The humming had intensified, and the bumps and thuds were coming faster now, along with a few muffled, urgent commands; Yoda and Windu had doubled their attack, but still Anakin was holding his own.

They were using practice sabers for this fight, but they were set to the highest intensity; instead of just a slight tingling sensation, the shock from these lightsabers would cause numbness and temporary paralysis, and a blow to the heart could leave the victim stunned for hours. Anakin would either pass this trial, or end up in the hospital.

"Aaaaahhhh!" Obi-Wan grinned as he heard Windu's howl of pain and surprise; had Anakin managed to disarm him? No, Obi-Wan decided, still hearing two larger, crashing lightsabers along with the constant whirr of Yoda's faster, quieter one. But Obi-Wan couldn't help smiling; Anakin was doing well against the two Jedi Masters, and from the sound of it, they weren't going easy on him either.

Seven minutes and thirty-five seconds. Only two and half minutes to go; but the last three minutes were always the hardest, and Obi-Wan listened anxiously as the humming, clashing sounds intensified. Suddenly then there was a tremendous, crashing thud, and Anakin cried out in pain; the fighting continued for a few more seconds, but then it was over.

Seven minutes and fifty-three seconds. Obi-Wan's heart sank as he realized Anakin had failed. There was an ominous silence inside the room; Obi-Wan worried that Anakin had been badly hurt, but then the door opened and he came out, looking shocked, stunned, and remorseful.

"Anakin," Obi-Wan cried tenderly, rushing to his padawan and hugging him, relieved to see that he was still standing. "It's all right," Obi-Wan reassured him, smiling gently. "It's all right, Anakin. You did well; I'm very proud of you." It would be another year before Anakin could take the trials again, but that wasn't such a bad thing. Obi-Wan smiled happily. Another year...

"Are you all right?" he asked Anakin hopefully. His eyes were somewhat dilated, and he held the hilt of his lightsaber in his left hand rather than his right, but aside from looking a bit dazed he seemed to b

20. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    I love how Obi-Wan thought Anakin had failed and Anakin thought he failed for ending the fight rather than lasting the full time. Great job!

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, it sad yet so sweet to see Obi-Wan wanting in tears over the fear of his graduating padawan. He really needs to tell Anakin and stop hiding that he has feelings. [face_shame_on_you]

What a wonderful angsty post!! :D :D

22. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    :D Anakin took out two jedi masters in less then 8 minutes! Poor Obi-Wan, he thinks it is his fault that Anakin is pushing him away. I love how Obi-Wan cried, this was a great chapter as well as a touching one!

23. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] Mace and Yoda! Suckers!

:_| Oh my goodness. I feel to sorry for Obi-Wan! Say something Anakin! The tears...too sad!

Loved the post, I'm wondering what craziness will start up next!

24. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    Great post Cant wait for more!

25. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    Chapter 24

"Good morning, Master Kenobi!" Obi-Wan smiled affectionately as fifteen younglings greeted him, bowing politely as he entered the classroom.

"Good morning, young ones," he replied cheerfully, bowing in return. Qui-Gon had encouraged him to take this teaching position, and Obi-Wan had to admit that being around the bright, happy children had given him a sense of purpose again, and helped to fill the terrible emptiness that he had felt since Anakin had left two weeks ago.

The days went by quickly when he was teaching. The children were so full of questions, demanding his constant attention; there was no time to think about anything else until the day was over, when Obi-Wan would return to his quarters to relax and unwind. It was then that he would remember Anakin, and a twinge of loneliness would set in.

Most evenings he found himself visiting Qui-Gon's apartment, if his father wasn't busy with other things. But Obi-Wan was starting to become painfully aware of the fact that he needed to make a life for himself that didn't include clinging pathetically to his own family members. And so tonight, he joined some of the other Jedi in the common lounge as they all watched the latest episode of JEDI together.

It was a fun show, as usual, and Obi-Wan smiled to see Anakin again. He was on nearly every week these days, and had become quite the celebrity; they were simply showing bits and pieces that he had filmed on his last visit to Naboo, spread out over an entire season, but Obi-Wan found it very entertaining to follow Anakin and Padme's theatrical romance.

This week's scene was quite well done, Obi-Wan decided, smiling proudly; Anakin and Padme were walking through the meadow beside the lake, having a fairly intelligent conversation. They kissed each other briefly toward the end, and Obi-Wan cringed in embarrassment as the other Jedi commented good-naturedly on his former padawan's kissing techniques.

Anakin is amazing, Obi-Wan realized once again. He knew his younger brother had felt extremely uncomfortable around Padme at first; but he had bravely confronted his fear, and had learned to get through the rather awkward situations that the producers of JEDI had continued to thrust upon him. Despite the widespread assumption that Anakin was in fact the wayward character he portrayed on the show, he had always conducted himself with discretion and dignity, and Obi-Wan was incredibly proud of his little brother.

This can't be easy for Padme either, Obi-Wan realized sadly. He had recently heard the news that her wedding to Leif Organa had been called off, and he knew that being a part of this ridiculous staged romance on the JEDI show couldn't make matters any easier for her. Perhaps the producers will come to their senses and finally drop this silly fictitious romance, he sighed regretfully.

Returning to his quarters after the broadcast, Obi-Wan was surprised to find a message from Qui-Gon; he had come looking for him earlier, and asked him to stop by his apartment when he got back. I have some good news, the cryptic message said. Curious, Obi-Wan continued up to his apartment to find out what this was about.

"Ah! Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon smiled warmly, inviting him inside. "Come in, there's someone I'd like you to meet." Obi-Wan stepped inside, then quickly masked his shock as he saw a young red-haired boy sitting on Qui-Gon's couch. "This is Cory, my new padawan," Qui-Gon announced proudly, as the boy politely got up and bowed to Obi-Wan. "Cory, this is Master Kenobi; he was my very first padawan," he explained to the boy.

"I'm pleased to meet you, Master Kenobi," Cory said politely, with an endearing smile.

"I'm - pleased to meet you as well, Cory," Obi-Wan replied, trying desperately to remain calm and mask his horror.

Qui-Gon gave Obi-Wan a sharp look, but quickly covered his surprise, for the boy's sake. "Well, I'm glad you were able to stop by," he smiled to Obi-Wan. "I was just about to send Cory to bed,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.