main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Bad Boys, JEDI Style

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by wawoot, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wawoot

wawoot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2006
    78. Family reunions abound

A month later...

"Yoda!" Yaddle exclaimed happily, hugging him tenderly as he came through the door. "Missed you, I did!"

"Yaddi," Yoda sighed blissfully, holding her close. "Missed you, I did as well," he confessed quietly, giving her a tender kiss as he came inside their cozy little hut on Dagobah. "How is Kermit?" he asked cheerfully, hobbling over to the crib.

"Fine," Yaddi smiled, as Yoda picked up their infant son, cradling him proudly in his arms. "Still teething, he is," she grinned ruefully. Kermit was nearly thirteen years old now, and had been teething for the past four years; he was breaking a new sharp little tooth right now, and Yaddi would be glad when he was finally past this stage. Painful, it is, she smiled tenderly.

"Made some soup, I did," Yaddi offered cheerfully, going over to the little cauldron by the fire and ladeling out a bowl for her husband. My husband, Yaddi smiled to herself again; she had never allowed herself to use that term before, but since learning of Anakin and Obi-Wan's unofficial Outer Rim marriages, Yaddi and Yoda had decided that the life-pledge they had sworn to each other in the tradition of their own people was no less sacred, and now they considered themselves husband and wife.

"Mmm," Yoda sighed happily, sitting at the table and eating his soup. "Delicious, this is," he smiled appreciatively. "Love you, I do," he added shyly, as Yaddi hugged him again, kissing him tenderly on the forehead. But then Yoda sighed with heavy regret, and Yaddi sat next to him, rubbing his back gently. "What is it?" she asked softly, with a reassuring smile. Too much guilt, he takes upon himself, she lamented. The weight of the galaxy, he carries on his shoulders.

Yoda's deep sense of guilt spanned several centuries. After becoming a Master in their own galaxy and learning of his true parentage, he had abandoned his own people to come here in search of his father. Unable to discover the truth on his own, he had infiltrated the ranks of the Jedi Order by posing as an infant youngling, lying in a basket on the Temple steps and pinning a note to himself saying "Our son, please train; Yoda, his name is." Then, upon achieving the rank of Master in this galaxy, he had eventually become head of the Jedi Council, and had finally discovered the secret of Solaris Three.

After several centuries of dutiful service to the Jedi Order, Yoda had fallen madly in love with Yaddi; and now, in addition to his profound remorse over disobeying the Code, he also felt horribly guilty that he had effectively forced Yaddi to go into hiding on Dagobah. Happy here, I am, Yaddi had assured him countless times over the past thirteen years; it was a beautiful, lush planet, so peaceful and quiet, and Yaddi had truly been happy here with Kermit. Never a city person, I was, she smiled to herself.

But today Yoda's heavy guilt was not due to past transgressions; it stemmed from a more recent situation. "Visited young Mara Jade again, I did," he told Yaddi with a regretful smile as he continued to enjoy his soup, cradling Kermit on his lap.

Yaddi smiled tenderly; Yoda had questioned his decision to accept Mara Jade as an infant youngling from the beginning, but Yaddi trusted her husband's instincts. If the will of the Force he sensed it was, then the right decision he made.

Mara Jade had been brought to the Temple by a Coruscant social worker two months ago; only six weeks old at the time, Mara had been taken from her drug-addicted mother due to abuse and neglect. After conducting the usual medical tests, the doctors had discovered that the child possessed an unusually high midichlorian count, and the social worker had begged Master Yoda to take Mara into the Temple as a Jedi youngling.

Yoda had at first said no; in addition to being a girl, and thus having little hope within the Jedi Order, Mara had been born addicted to death sticks, due to her mother's drug habit. "Death s

2. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    *steals first post*
    Okay list of jedi married:
    Yoda
    Yaddle
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Mace Windu
    Anakin Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Ma-Kio

I really love kermit though.

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I think at this point we need a score card to see who isn't married as yet. LOL. Ki-Adi as well. And Yaddle and Yoda and Qui-Gon and Mace. [face_laugh]

Great job. Love the Kermit thing plus I remember Lucas saying that Yoda was Kermit's lovechild.

Still loving it.

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Hilarious, wawoot!

Romance is now really taking over the Jedi Order. [face_love]

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Wow.

Everybody's secretly married.

A wonderful chapter, as always...

Thanks for the pm.

6. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Wow this is so funny, next thing you will be telling us is everyone on the jedi council is married and has kids, and most of them don't know of the others!!!

Very good update WaWoot!

TnTornado

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Never a city person, I was, she smiled to herself.

Awww.

Yoda had at first said no; in addition to being a girl, and thus having little hope within the Jedi Order,

Huh??? Yoda better fix that little problem up fast! :p

This is such a soap opera with everybody finding out that they're related and married.

The Jedi Council needs to chuck that rule right out the window. :D :p

8. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    You would think that with all these Jedi secretly married, there can't be anyone left who isn't married. :p

How funny that the neighbor still thinks Typho is Leia's father- I wonder if the rest of the galaxy still thinks that? [face_thinking]

Looking forward to more! :)

9. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Hehehehe, I love how Zaro thinks that Leia is Typho's child. That's just classic. I loved how he kept putting his foot in his mouth, and it was great to see everybody hanging out together.

Yoda and Yaddi are so sweet...and Mara Jade pops up! Poor thing, addicted to death sticks. I hope she'll be all right now that she's in the Temple.

And Ki-Adi, and his son and granddaughter... Hee! Yes, I do think we need a scorecard!

Much =D=, wawoot. Great fun as always. Can't wait for more!

10. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    Wow, great chapter!! This is getting crazier and crazier...:D At least Aayla isn't married..yet. Keep up the good work, wawoot!!

11. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    79. Anakin's 25th birthday party

Two years later...

"Anakin's birthday again, eh?" Zaro grinned, stepping into his fishing boat from the steps of his terrace.

"That's right," Ruwee nodded cheerfully, once again starting up his barbecue grill. "How's the fishing been?"

"Pretty good," Zaro told him. "Haven't caught anything big in a while though; it's been - " he broke off suddenly, as they both stared across the lake at a sudden disturbance on the surface of the water. "Whoa," Zaro exclaimed happily, seeing a school of smaller fish jumping desperately out of the water to escape something bigger that was chasing them. "Gooberfish," he grinned, climbing into his fishing boat and grabbing the oars. "See ya," he told Ruwee cheerfully.

"Wait!" Ruwee grinned, running over and hopping into the boat. "I'm coming too!"

"Ha!" Zaro laughed, looking back at Ruwee's abandoned barbecue grill as he rowed out across the lake. "I don't think Jobal's going to be pleased about this," he warned his friend cheerfully.

Ruwee laughed. "No, probably not," he agreed. But now Anakin and Obi-Wan were stepping out onto the terrace of the Naberrie retreat, frowning worriedly at the unattended grill, and Ruwee waved to them apologetically. "Eh, they're family; they'll figure it out," he said confidently, leaving the Jedi to fend for themselves.

Zaro smiled; the Naberries were such kind-hearted, welcoming people, and considered just about everyone 'family'. This was the third year in a row that Anakin had celebrated his birthday at the lake retreat, but he and Padme's other Coruscant friends often visited for no reason at all, just to get away from the busy city. It's nice that they have a place they can come to, Zaro thought, once again spotting the two boys hiking in the nearby hills, and the girls playing in the meadow; today Leia was running around with them through the wildflowers, chasing butterflies and giggling happily.

And finally, they're being more relaxed about Typho, Zaro smiled quietly, seeing him join Anakin and Obi-Wan on the terrace now to rescue the meal from certain disaster; it was a well-known fact that Jedi could not cook to save their lives. Typho is such a wonderful father, even if his daughter doesn't know it yet, he smiled wistfully; it was obvious that Leia loved him dearly, but she simply called him "Typho," and had no idea that he was anything more than just her mother's bodyguard.

It's so kind of the Naberries to open their home to these people, Zaro thought, spotting Qui-Gon Jinn and Ben Kenobi perched on the rooftop, looking out over the lake. It must be hard to be famous; to live in the city and never have a quiet moment alone, Zaro realized, as he rowed out to his favorite fishing spot with Ruwee. No wonder they all love to come here.

[i]Meanwhile, on the rooftop...[/i]

"She's been gone twenty-five years," Qui-Gon said softly, as he and Ben sat on the roof of the Naberrie retreat, looking across the lake toward the rolling hills where Cory and Jon were hiking. Leia was playing in the meadow nearby with the other girls, and Anakin and Obi-Wan were on the terrace, ruining today's meal; Qui-Gon's heart filled with warmth as he realized his family was all in one place, still happy and together after all these years. "I wish Ana could have seen this," he smiled wistfully.

"So do I," Ben agreed. Ana Kenobi's little brother was the only other person in the galaxy who had known and loved her, and Qui-Gon was grateful for his presence today on the anniversary of his wife's death.

[i]But it's also Anakin's birthday,[/i] Qui-Gon reminded himself, smiling in amusement as Captain Typho appeared on the terrace below to rescue his sons from their hopeless attempt at cooking. "I can't believe he's twenty-five," Qui-Gon smiled wistfully; then he blinked in profound disbelief at his other son. "And I can't believe Obi-Wan is forty," he added, still stunned by the realization. [i]What happened to my little padaw

12. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    A lovely little interlude, sort of the quiet before the storm. I can understand Cory wanting to keep his love a secret - after all, it's a family tradition but love can be painful as well as a joy.

Great job.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, love the reminiscing on the roof. Poor Qui-Gon need some love. I volunteer. :D :D

"All teenagers have a need to rebel against authority," he pointed out, as Ben nodded in amusement. "But for Cory, having a secret, illegal family seems to have fulfilled that need; I have been spared from the constant questioning of authority that I suffered with Obi-Wan," he laughed affectionately.

There the Order goes, let Jedi marry but have them keep it secret for a while. ;)

Laugh like crazy at Obi-Wan hambuger with marshmellow jello salad on it and how Anakin ate it. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

OH boy, married at fourteen?

14. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Loved the little family get-together and memory time on the roof. It is funny, yes, how all of theshe characters tie together now that they're all related in this story. Still love that Leia is "Typho's" child. Hee!

And yes, I understand Cory's decision to protect Elena and Qui-Gon by keeping the secret for now. I only hope that it doesn't come back to bite him.

And oh, no--something bad coming up! [face_worried]

Much =D=, wawoot. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awwww, great chapter, wawoot! Loved the memory scene on the roof. Most excellent. :)

16. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    loved it. keep on going.

17. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    Cory is MARRIED! Wow, only 15 and already married wow. He didn't waste any time. Do we get to see Elena and Cory together soon? I can't beleive he is married!

18. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Hey wawoot *waves*...sorry I've been so long in replying...as you know I've been away - thanks for remembering to start those pms up again! :)

Big catch up - most enjoyable...I love the fact that everyone's married! lol...

Keep up the good work! [face_batting]

19. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    So just about every Jedi Master is married. What a party! Its good to have lots of family around. As for Cory, I wonder when the beans will be spilt. Married so young!

20. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Hey wawoot! [face_peace] I'm still here!

Qui-Gon nodded, peering down at Obi-Wan on the terrace below them. It's true, he admitted regretfully. There's nothing sadder than a forty-year-old man who doesn't know how to make a hamburger. Qui-Gon watched in pained regret as his eldest son frowned uncertainly at the marshmallow jello salad, then proceeded to smear it liberally on top of his hamburger along with various other condiments, before thoughtfully handing the finished product to Anakin.

Except perhaps for a twenty-five-year-old who eats it anyway, Qui-Gon laughed ruefully, as Anakin - after an initial reaction of furrowed brows at his first bite - smiled good-naturedly and continued to enjoy his birthday delicacy.

[face_laugh]

Truer words were never writ!

:p

21. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Qui-Gon nodded, peering down at Obi-Wan on the terrace below them. It's true, he admitted regretfully. There's nothing sadder than a forty-year-old man who doesn't know how to make a hamburger. Qui-Gon watched in pained regret as his eldest son frowned uncertainly at the marshmallow jello salad, then proceeded to smear it liberally on top of his hamburger along with various other condiments, before thoughtfully handing the finished product to Anakin.

LOL. Sometimes they do seem pathetic.

Wawoot you are so prolific its hard to keep up with you. I am jealous, I wish I had your talent! Thanks for the Pm Ill put on my running shoes to try to keep up with your posts!

22. wawoot

Jan 5, 2006
    80. Disaster strikes on Iridonia

A few days later...

Yes! Elena grinned excitedly as she felt a sharp tug on her fishing line. Finally! The sun was lowering in the afternoon sky, and Elena had nearly resigned herself to yet another boring dinner of potato soup with her grandfather; but now she smiled as she began to carefully reel in her fish. Grandfather will be so happy...

Like everyone in the little coastal village where they lived, Elena was descended from a long line of fisher-folk who looked to the sea for their survival. Many of the villagers owned large fishing vessels, and spent days at a time out on the deep sea, returning each week with nets full of fish which they exported to the rest of Iridonia, and even to other planets in the galaxy.

But Elena and her grandfather were poorer than most; they could not afford a deep sea fishing boat, and so they survived from day to day on what Elena could catch near the shore in her little rowboat. While others in the village owned quaint little cottages along the coastline, Elena and her grandfather lived on the poor side of town, in a rather shoddy little cabin nestled against the rocky ridge that served as a border between her coastal village and the Zabrak town on the other side.

Elena smiled now as she gave the line a bit more slack, letting the fish wear itself out so that she would be able to reel it in without breaking the line. It felt like a pretty big one; enough for tonight's dinner, with perhaps a few extra filets to sell at the local market. And then maybe I can buy some more yarn, she grinned cheerfully. Elena was knitting her grandfather a new sweater for the cold winter months ahead, and had come up with a rather ambitious and complicated color scheme.

I hope he likes it when it's done, Elena smiled fondly; she had been working on it every night for the past week, and so far it was turning out very well. Her grandfather's arthritis had grown worse over the past several years, and the cold troubled him more than it used to; Elena had been careful to choose the thickest woolen yarns, so that his new sweater would be soft and warm.

He won't be around much longer, Elena knew, fighting tears once again as she faced the painful truth that her beloved grandfather's health was slowly failing. He had raised her since she was a baby, and was the only family she had ever known; Elena's heart ached sadly as she realized that her grandfather would not be with her for many more years.

But then I will go to live with Cory's family, Elena reminded herself bravely, sniffing back her tears. Cory had promised her that after her grandfather was gone, he would take care of her, and that she could go to live with his own mother, or his Aunt Padme; his family didn't even know that she existed yet, but Elena and Cory had agreed to cross that bridge when they got there.

But hopefully that won't happen, Elena told herself stubbornly. Grandfather is strong. He will make it through this winter, and the next, and the one after that... And then I'll be eighteen, and old enough to make it on my own... And one day Cory will be knighted, and we'll be able to see each other more often, and have children...

But now Elena frowned worriedly as she noticed something strange. That's odd, she thought, looking back toward the village at the row of docks and piers along the shoreline. The ramps were all sloping downwards, and the waterline was unusually low, but it was still high tide. What is going on? Elena wondered, blinking in confusion; she had never seen anything like this before.

Then she gasped as she realized what was happening. Her grandfather had told her stories of a time decades ago when the water had receded suddenly like this, and Elena knew that this was not good. "Oh, crap," she muttered anxiously, quickly cutting the line and letting her fish go free as she grabbed the oars and rowed for shore as fast as she could.

Sure enough, as she

23. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    itersting, can not wait for the next chapter

24. Handmaiden_Azul

Dec 29, 2005
    Oh poor Cory and Elena! Also, I prefer an update every 2 days please!

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    I was so worried that you were going to kill Elena off. I know this is a comedy but even in comedies, bad things happen. Loved that Elena was willing to keep their love a secret and still wish for a child. She's pretty young, though.

Good job.

As for updating, I'd say at least 3 days, maybe 4. It's hard sometimes to keep up. And I want to keep up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.