Saga Bad Boys, JEDI Style

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by wawoot, May 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Master

star 4
    *steals first reply, cause I'm evil*
    Cory, Cory, Cory, you just had to go and ruin evrything for evryone didn't you! I think it is cool that Elena is half-zabrak!
  2. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cory, you're just a kid, a Jedi kid but a kid. Having a baby is a big responsibility and now you've done it for any chance of changing the rules to allow marriage for a very long time. Bad boy!

Good job. Looking forward to more. LOL on the Zabrek!
  3. Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Master

star 4
    bad boy cory. Loved it again.
  4. Kelli_LB Force Ghost

star 4
    "Oh dear," Obi-Wan cringed in regret, shaking his head. "Cory... That wasn't the will of the Living Force," he told his son, utterly dismayed. "That was hormones," he sighed, resolving to strangle his father at the next possible opportunity.

[face_laugh] I loved that line. Poor, stupid Cory, you've really messed everything up.

Great work on this chapter.
  5. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Elena shrugged, hanging her head apologetically. She knew that her mother had gotten pregnant out of wedlock, and that not even Grandfather knew who her father had been

Oh dear... it can't be... no. I sure hope not! :eek: :eek:

Whoa, while I'm relieved it's not where my mind was going, but poor Elena. So worried over what I hope is nothing at all. I feel bad for Cory having to confess.

"Oh dear," Obi-Wan cringed in regret, shaking his head. "Cory... That wasn't the will of the Living Force," he told his son, utterly dismayed. "That was hormones," he sighed, resolving to strangle his father at the next possible opportunity.

Quite true at that. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I loved Obi-Wan's comments to Cory at the end. [face_love]
  6. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    *sigh*

Oh, Cory, Cory, Cory?

"Grandfather took me to the city, to the hospital," Elena continued, sniffing. "They... they - took them off," she explained quietly. "They said... my father - was..." she shrugged miserably. "A Zabrak," she whispered unhappily.

What--? Okay, wasn?t expecting that.

Haha! I'm married to a half Zabrak! But then he realized the implications, and sighed ruefully. Oh... Oops...

"Cory," Obi-Wan laughed ruefully, despite himself. "So you're telling me... I'm going to have a grand-Zabrak?" he asked, horrified and amused at the same time. Oh dear... Please let me be there when Qui-Gon hears about this...

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Only them? What?s with them and their Zabrak joke-type-thingummys?

[face_laugh]

Ahem. *cough* This is all very messed up, isn?t it?

Nice update, wawoot! :)
  7. obsessedwithSW Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I don't think anyone will be congratulating Cory anytime soon.
    I can empatize with Obi-Wan, I hope I don't ever have to have this discussion with any of my children.
    *cringes*
    Unfortunately this problem is way too common.
  8. TnTornado Jedi Knight

star 3
    Arg Cory, what were you thinking??? wait, I know what you were thinking YOU WERENT THINKING!!!

Great update WaWoot - how you come up with "stripey grand zabrak" is beyond me!

TnTornado
  9. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    aw, lol...what a happy, funny, sad chapter...loved this..

[face_laugh]

Great update as always wawoot =D=
  10. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master

star 3
    please tell me we're going to have another party!!!!! [face_praying]
  11. Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus

star 5
    *sigh* Even though Cory is just a kid, I want to shake my fist at him for making it so difficult for the rest of them. He made such a mistake... did like, however, how the Living Force wasn't hormones. That made me laugh out loud. Obi-Wan treated him so well and with such honesty. He makes a wonderful father. And a great-grand-Zabrak is just too cool. I'm glad to know that the baby will be taken care of either way.

Much =D=, wawoot. Loved it as always. Please excuse the sleepiness of this post. I'm very tired.
  12. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ouch. Poor Cory. Great update(s)

I was behind.

Geeze...everybody in the order married with children...hee hee hee

Can't wait to see how Qui-Gon takes the news.

13. wawoot Jedi Knight

star 2
    83. Luke and Leia's third birthday

"There you are," Qui-Gon smiled cheerfully, as Cory and Obi-Wan joined him in his private quarters. Obi-Wan had been on confessional duty this evening, and Cory had wanted to do a bit of studying in the library before they regrouped to watch tonight's episode of SITH. Cory is such a hard worker, Qui-Gon sighed proudly. It won't be long before he's ready to face the trials.

But then Qui-Gon felt his padawan's deep guilt and remorse, and looked up at the two of them sharply. Cory was hanging his head glumly, but Obi-Wan's expression conveyed a mixture of disdainful annoyance and barely-concealed amusement; Qui-Gon did not miss the all-too-familiar, triumphant, I-told-you-so glimmer in his son's eyes.

"No," Qui-Gon protested, already guessing what this was about. Already?

"Yes," Obi-Wan replied, with a reproachful look.

"How?" Qui-Gon asked, completely baffled. I've been so careful...

"Iridonia. Tsunami relief effort," Obi-Wan replied cooly.

Damn it! Yes, that was a bit chaotic... "I have to sleep sometime," Qui-Gon pointed out reasonably, stubbornly maintaining an air of dignity and ignoring his son's accusatory glare.

"Now, Cory," Obi-Wan continued calmly. "It's time to tell Master Qui-Gon about his great-grand-Zabrak."

Qui-Gon blinked, stunned and shocked by this revelation. "Cory!" he exclaimed, giving his padawan a look of stern reproach, before staring at him in utter disbelief. "A Zabrak?"

Cory shrugged remorsefully, looking down at the floor with an apologetic cringe. "Not exactly..."

A few days later...

Grr, Cory grumbled, trudging up the ridge behind Tarok's house with Master Qui-Gon at his side. Now I have to have supervised visits with my own wife.

He was dismayed by his family's reaction to the news of his marriage to Elena. Cory had expected them to be shocked, and even angry at first; but he hadn't expected them to laugh. They think it's funny, he sighed dejectedly. This is just a silly joke to them. I'm about to be a father in a few more months, and I have never been treated like such a child.

Cory had thought about leaving the Order, and coming here to live with Elena and her grandfather. They need me, he had told himself. They appreciate me, and don't think I'm a child. But deep down he knew that his father was right. I'm so close to passing the trials, he conceded ruefully. And it would break Master Qui-Gon's heart if I left now. He has sacrificed the past four years of his life to train me, Cory reminded himself. I won't let it all be for nothing. I don't want to disappoint him, ever again.

It will be all right, Cory told himself bravely, as he and Qui-Gon climbed over the ridge toward Elena's house. The important thing is that Elena and the baby will get proper medical care, he consoled himself. And in a few more years I'll be knighted, and we'll be able to see each other more often... But in the meantime, Elena has a duty to her grandfather, and I have a duty to mine.

Grandfather sat by the fire, proudly wearing his new sweater that Elena had made for him, and bundled in a warm blanket given to them by the relief effort. It was mid-winter, and Elena had done what she could to insulate their little cabin against the bitter cold, but still it was a bit drafty, and Grandfather felt the familiar ache in his bones and joints.

Elena had gone out for a moment, but she returned now, and Grandfather smiled as she came inside the cozy little cabin, shutting the door behind her. She is looking happier again these days, he noted with relief; poor Elena had been devastated to learn the truth about her parents, and Grandfather's heart ached to think of what would become of her after he was gone.

It is a good thing that Elena is so strong, he decided regretfully, smiling at her with tender pride. Because after I'm gone, she will truly be alone. Elena un/>/>
  14. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Great update.

Loved Leia's reaction to Anakin...

Funny stuff....

15. Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, Leia, Leia, Leia. You are so adorable! You think your own father is scruffy-looking! You are such a little snob!
  16. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm a princess, Leia frowned stubbornly. And he's so... scruffy-looking, she cringed, embarrassed. He never combs his hair; it's always a mess. He looks like a nerf herder in Jedi clothes. Not even proper Jedi clothes, Leia realized, mortified to think she could possibly be related to the strange, black leather-clad Jedi, and even more disturbed to picture Anakin and her mother together. Mom, what were you thinking? Leia blinked, horrified by the thought.

But her mother nodded gently, smiling wistfully. "Yes," she told Leia, glancing toward the doorway. "Anakin is your father, sweetheart." Noooooo! But Anakin was standing in the doorway now, so Leia quickly masked her horror, remembering her manners and smiling politely, though her heart pounded anxiously as he came over to hug her.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Loved it! lol...also thought the beginning with Cory and Qui and Elena and her grandfather was very touching...great job =D=
  17. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Scruffy looking nerfherder. LOL.. Love that she wouldn't tell anyone because she didn't want anyone to know. LOL>
  18. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Awww, they're not thinking you're a joke Cory. They really just see so much of themselves in your situation. You're lucky to have a loving, close knit family. Even if they don't know about it till much later in life. :p

"What's going on?" They came in through the window?

All those male Jinn Jedi do seem to have a thing for window entrancs, don't they? ;)

Oh dear, three years old and laready frlirting with a boy, ten years older than her at that. Yep, she's a Jinn. :p :p

Superb post wawoot.
  19. TnTornado Jedi Knight

star 3
    Riiigght Ok, Leia thinks her father is a scruffy looking punk who hates bacta?! LOL great update WaWoot!

TnTornado
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.