main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bad Day for a Pet Owner

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not a good day today. One of my sweet cats had to be put down. He had been acting listless and had lost weight. Took him to the vets last night and the vet said he could feel a growth. They did exploratory surgery today - found out he had an aggressive intestinal cancer. Got him and his sister as kittens shortly after moving to the UK. He would have been 13 next week. Now his sister is wandering around like she is wondering where he is. I am attempting to cheer myself up by cruising around the boards
    but it isn't working too well..

EDIT: *Goes off to have a glass of poison of choice*

2. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Awwwwww I'm sorry to hear that hun :(

Pets are so lovely to have but sadly they sometimes get ill. :(

*hugs*

3. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Sorry to hear that L_F, you have my sympathy. :(

Used to have 5 of my own, now down to 3.

I doubt thats helping so i'll shut up now.

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    That sucks. Our dog only has a few months left due to Cancer (Well, it was 6 months two years ago), and I dont know how I'll be then. Im sorry to hear about that :(

5. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Thanks guys...at least I still have his sister. She seems to have calmed down a bit this morning. You tell yourself they are only pets but it doesn't make it any easier
    when they go.

7. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    *hugs L_f* I lst one of my cats too.....I'm so sorry to hear about yours.. :( *snif*

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It is rough but getting a bit easier. I think his sister has realized he isn't coming back. She has been extra affectionate lately - think she knows something is up.
    Sorry to hear about your loss, L-W.

9. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Don't worry, it was a while ago, and things get better, honestly.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I know - it's not the first cat I have had to have put down. It was one of the ones I had the longest, tho. 'Almost 13 years old' is a pretty good age for a cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.