main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bad Day

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jedi-Jack, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jack

Jedi-Jack Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    Ti has been my worst day in a long time. I went to work to pay for my star wars habit, and while i was gone these punks that live accross the street came over to play with my 7 year old brother. They end up in my room, with all my star wars stuff. The little brat who is about 10 finds interest in my brand new imperial shuttle that was on my shelf. The punk pulls down the wings, and ignores my little bros suggestion to stop. when it is all over, my shuttle is destroyed. Apparently, he pulled down the wing without pressing the button, and the wings wont go back to where they are supposed to. it looks like crap. i am sooo pissed right now.

is there any chance fao will take it back? i have tried to fix it and it aint happening. will i even be able to find another one, without turning to ebay? thanks for any help.

man im so mad. grrrr. this must be what Anakin felt like before he killed all those tuskens.

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    :(

...hope FAO will exchange it...

memo to self: keep precious SW collectibles locked...

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That's one thing I'm really afraid of! Kids who will go through and destroy my Star Wars collection!!
    ::installs a lock on the 'Star Wars' room::

4. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I say you find the kid and kick his butt and whoop his parents too.

5. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    THAT LITTLE BRAT !

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    [Gollum]Filthy little brats[/Smeagol]

7. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Here's what you need to do:
    1) Immediately put a strong LOCK on the Star Wars room and KEEP it locked when you aren't in there!
    2) Make the little brat pay for it! If he won't, make his parents! If they won't, sue them and take them to small claims court!
    3) Slaughter your brother*! [face_mischief]
    4) Slaughter his "friend"**! [face_devil] [face_devil]
    5) Slaughter some other kids just for the hell of it***! [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

:D

*Please note: This message is what is known as black humor and it is NOT to be taken seriously. It is also in no way, shape, or form an incitement to commit acts of violence, nor a condonement of such acts! :)
    **See message above.
    ***Ditto. :)

8. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    come on now slaughtering all of those people would be bad.

just disembowel that one kid and leave it hanging outside yoru door so that the other kids will see the warning and not mess with your stuff.

NOTE: another bitof black humor. killing is bad in any form.

9. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    That's why I lock my room when kids come to my house. The only one I trust is my 6 year old nephew who also is a Star Wars fan.

Sorry about your troubles. :(

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Dude, okay, before too much time has elapsed since this happened, you need to have yourself, or your parents explain what happened, and they (the brat's parents) should pay for a new Shuttle (even though you'll have to go through waiting for it all over again. :( ).

Someone basically has to talk to the kid's parents and have them pay for the broken Shuttle.

If that doesn't work, go and key the parents' cars some night, and then YOU don't pay for it. [face_devil]

11. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Buy a lock.

12. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm so sorry about your Shuttle man :(
    Listen to Sithy! ;)
    There is NO reason why you should have to replace it with your own money! Tell his parents, That kid needs to learn some responsibility...
    Unless of course you've already disembowled the little Darksider [face_devil] :p Then you should probably steer clear of his parents [face_mischief]

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah, listen to Sithman (damn I never thought I'd hear myself say that!). Get the lil brat's parents to buy you a new one.

14. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Yeah, listen to Sithman (damn I never thought I'd hear myself say that!)."

Oh yeah, I'm feelin' the love, Guff. :p

I mean, how can you NOT like a guy who love teh beautiful gunship? :D [face_love]

15. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    "We pokes his eyes out!"

16. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I think Sithman put it best. You need to talk to his parents. I hope they are responsible and pay for your shuttle. I hope that never happens to my shuttle!!

-saber holder

17. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    have your parents talk to his parents putting lots of emphisis on how hard the shuttle was to get. but also dont forget that your brother is also to blame. I would issue a swift beating to him for allowing the punks even in the house let alone in your room. that is a strict violation of your space. I find it hard to belive that you brother put him self between the "punks" and you door. he probly said hay come check out my brothers star wars stuff. heck he might even have broken it him self. and then blamed it on the "punk" next door. after all kids will do any thing to get out of an ... whoopin. I personaly think it should be split between your brother and the "punk".

18. timp123

timp123 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    Sell your broken one on eBay.

LOL

JUST KIDDING!

19. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Yeah a special rare variant!

20. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Very simple. As with most children who do things wrong, you must be firm with your discipline. You have to sit him down, explain to him what he did wrong and why it was wrong. Make him see the error of his ways.

And if that doesn't work, you could always have him go out and cut a switch of a tree so you could whoop him.

Just kidding on the last part.

And as for the first part, I apologize. My wife got her degree in early childhood development. So I hear about discipline techniques whether I want to or not.

21. Jedi-Jack

Jedi-Jack Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I understand what you guys are saying, but im afraid if i talk to the kid or the parents i will go nuts. i still havnt seen the kid since it happened. ill probably have my mom talk to the parents, she can handle it. im still really mad though. my parents even made a rule, NO ONE can go into my room when i am not there. i think that kid should be banned from the house alltogether.

22. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Get a baseball bat go to punks that live accross the street, whack the hell out of them, then ask for money to get another one, if they don't give you it wack them some more. Then ask again. [face_plain] People should have consideration for other peoples property. [face_plain] And realy they owe you the money for it, if they broke it. I hat it when people come over to your house and reck your stuff. [face_plain]

23. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    The way I see it, the accident is the fault of the kid and your brother. Since neither of them will be able to replace it, and because they are just little kids, the reponsibility falls on their parents. Both parents.

If your parents aren't willing to fork over half, I doubt you'll get anywhere with his parents. $120 for a broken toy might meet with some resistance.

Sorry to hear about the acciednt though. Have another look at fixing it once you have calmed down.

24. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Let's please not go around suggesting violence over toys here, joking or not, it really isn't appropriate...

Anyway, my suggestion would be to write a quick email to Hasbro explaining how the toy is damaged and asking if they would replace it for you. If not, I think Otter's suggestion would probably work out best. Have your parents put up half the money (since your brother knew they shouldn't be in your room in the first place, let alone playing with your things) and ask that the other child's parents put up the rest since their kid was the one who actually broke the toy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.