main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada BAD news folks... about tickets for Famous Players...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Just got off the phone with the head office for Famous Players, and they said a decision hasn't been made as to when they are going to be putting tickets on sale.

She told me no decision until next week. And she was VERY emphatic about it, I made sure she knew what I was asking... :(

So I guess we are SOL up here in the Great White North as far as Famous Players goes...

Indy

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    How is this a bad thing?

The tickets are still going on sale.

The movie will still be shown.

In many ways, this is a good thing, as lots of fans are at Celebration right now, and they can enjoy the weekend knowing they won't miss out on a chance to get tickets.

3. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well it is a bad thing for me, as I am now at 26+ hours with no sleep, because I was trying to get tickets, or find out about getting tickets, all night... LOL

Indy

Oh, and it is bad news, because obviously they don't know what they are doing over there, and they probably won't tell us when they are putting them on sale, and that means some people who really really really wanna see the midnight showing (me) might not get a ticket, and that would make those people (me) sad... ;)

Or maybe I am just tired and grumpy... I dunno...

4. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    OK, well go to sleep, wake up on Monday and start again!

Actually according to the manager at the FP theatre here (and she has been very good to us) the usual order of business is they make decision on movies, tickets etc on Monday, and announce Tuesday

5. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, I can hear my pillow calling me now... :p

Indy

6. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    Well, in Saskatoon, I'm sure that Cineplex Odeon is the theater that is showing AOTC. So I'm not worried. Just annoyed that they don't know anything yet. :mad:

7. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    My guess is th week (Monday) they will anounce the day tix go on sale... and Im putting money down on this Thursday... as being the day they do go on sale!

8. RangerRebel

RangerRebel Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    I think you may lose that bet. :p South Edmonton Common has said that they will be selling tix tomorrow (May 4th) at 11 am.

9. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    i'll come to 5 1 5 0 's defense and say that he should hold on to his money, i don't think he completely lost that bet. looks like all the amc's in north america are selling tix now. so are some cineplex odeons. but, famous players thatres still seems to be waiting till the one week in advance strategy.

10. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Thanks Chill... :)
    Any words yet on when they are going on sale?? I saw Spiderman yesterday and asked a manager... he said possibly this thursday... but who knows...

11. Chill

May 2, 2002
    which theatre did u see spider-man and ask about aotc tix?

12. RangerRebel

Apr 21, 2002
    I just got my tickets to the 6:45pm show on the 16th at South Edmonton Common. In my opinion, Silver City and South Edm. Common are comparable theatres... Common had advanced tickets first so they get my money and Silver loses out.

13. VeRmiLLionX

VeRmiLLionX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    You're a loser...West Edmonton mall has THX...That piddly..Common...theatre...is just that...common.

14. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Chill.... I saw Spiderman at SilverCity Coquitlam BC....
    Im still betting FamousPlayers puts the tixs on sale Thursday

15. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Hey lets keep it fun folks...

16. Chill

May 2, 2002
    5 1 5 0, i have that same feeling too. that's what i'm hearing from most reports about the silvercities here in bc. i also was told that their policy about advance tickets is that they sell them at most a week and a half before opening day. so thursday sounds right. but who knows it might be earlier. keep an eye out.

17. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    If I hear anything Chill Ill post here.... and PM u!! Do the same for me too!

18. Chill

May 2, 2002
    sounds good to me

19. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    i was at Paramount in montreal today (Spider-Man was bitchen) NExt week the tickets go on sale next week

20. Chill

May 2, 2002
    thanx kit
    if all famous players are the same, and i bet they are, looks like next week is advance tickets week for aotc.

21. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Well, thanx to GJM ive had mine since . . . . . . . . . . . . APRIL ;)

22. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    So are we all in some sort of agreement that the tix go on sale May 9???

23. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Spider-Man tickets went on sale here in Winnipeg 10 days in advance. If they follow the same pattern for AotC, tickets will sell on the 6th. Otherwise, they'll sell on the 9th, one week in advance. That's pretty much all we can go on at this point, I think.

24. Chill

May 2, 2002
    yeah 5 1 5 0, i think we are agreed on a good guess

grey,
    that's the plan i'm gonna follow, i think. on the 6th i'll keep an extra eye open. the 6th is about a week and a half in advance. i might even head down to silvercity riverport to make sure.

25. RangerRebel

Apr 21, 2002
    VeRmiLLionX:

Based on that immature response I'm assuming you're what... 12, maybe 13 years old?
    Anyway... All I was saying was that Silver City/Famous Players is behind in that cineplex offered the tickets first. I do like Silver better but because South Edm. Common offered the tix first I went with them. I'm sure I'll be going to see the show atleast 2 or 3 times more after opening day and I will probably go see it at Silver City for 2 reasons. 1.They are slightly better in that the sound is more superior and 2. I have been seeing on average about 1 movie every 2 weeks at Silver and have not paid for a ticket in the last 2 years. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.