main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada BAD news folks... about tickets for Famous Players...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeRmiLLionX

VeRmiLLionX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
  2. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    You think tixs will be on sale on the net the sec they are for sale at SilverCities???
    If they go on sale tomorrow at say 1pm you think thy'll go on sale at movietickets.com at 1pm???
    I hope they dont go ons ale tomorrow... I have only Thursday off.... ugh!

3. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I wouldn't worry too much about Vermillion, he lives in Ontario (thankfully) and doesn't seem to have a nice thing to say about anyone, or anything.

So I would simply ignore him like branches on a window during a rainstorm, they make a bit of noise, but nothing you need to pay attention to.

As far as Famous Players goes, I have been calling them still, and they don't have any information yet. Best bet is to call your local theater, make sure you talk to a supervisor (the ticket takers won't know) and keep bugging them till they spill the beans.

And with Movietickets.com, they are probably a bit behind on the ticket front. Empire theaters in Atlantic Canada have had tickets for sale for a few days, and they still aren't on there, so I wouldn't use that as a guide, they are probably a few days behind due to the suprise release of tickets in the U.S.

Oh and South Edmonton Common is a superb theater, very much comparable to Silver City WEM. So don't worry bout it... :)

Keep digging around, and good luck!!!

Indy

4. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Indy
    Im pretty ceratin all FamousPlayers across Canada would be the same wouldnt they???
    I mean didnt TPM tixs go on sale May 12 across Canada at Silvercities???

5. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, all Famous Players in Canada should be the same, that was the impression I got from the head office when I called.

And yes, TPM tix went on sale a week ahead of time, so I am sure that Famous Players at the LATEST will be the 9th, but I would keep checking just in case they go early... cause you don't wanna miss that 12:01 showing!!! :)

Indy

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Spoke with a manager at our FP again.

Still no official word from them. He also knew that Cineplex Odeon is selling tickets. In the Niagara area, at least, the C-O theatres are not selling tickets for midnight showings however.

Maybe thats the FP plan? They can wait an extra day (or two, or three) because they know a) that in general their theatres are better than the the competition (down here thats basically the case), and b) they will have midnight shows so who cares if there are tickets for shows 18 hours later?

We'll find out soon enough.

7. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    They would have said something by now that tickets would be on sale tomorrow at say like 1pm or something...
    Im sure they will announce tomorrow that tixs will go on sale on May 9th
    Geez Im starting to get an ulcer waiting for this :D
    UGH!

8. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Ive got my gf phoning around here in the Lower Mainland of BC finding out about tixs... so hopefully Ill be able to let you know soon...
    and Im at work thats why shes calling... so Im not a mean bf :D

9. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Apparently... now this is whay my gf was told... that tix go on sale May 13??!!!! She was told they go on sale the week the movie opens and will start on that monday... now to be safe my friends in BC I will go to a SilverCity and confirm this later today... but that sounds pretty bizarre if thats the case....
    Can anyone else confirm this??
    My gf phone Colossus SilverCity in Langley BC...

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    What they probably meant was they go on sale the week "of" the movie opening, which would probably mean May 9th, since Famous Players usually sells a week in advance.

I would keep double checking with them, and remember to talk to managers or supervisors, cause the regular employees will probably not know anything for sure, and could feed you bad info...

Indy

11. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    I got my gf to phone back again... and they gave her May 13!!! And she said she spoke with a supervisor...

12. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Go here then:

Cineplex Odeon

if you don't care where you see it.

Try and call Cineplex and see what they say... they are already on sale here in Edmonton

Indy

13. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Im actually housesitting for May 9 for a month out in the boonies of BC where this Colossus is... so that where I wanna go otherwise Ill have to drive over 45 mins to see the movie...

14. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    UGH this is starting to kill me now!!!
    Im gonna start getting ULCERS!!! :)

15. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    I'm going crazy waiting for news too. I'm just concerned that I'll be stuck at work when tickets go on sale. Must .. see ... 12:01am ... show.

16. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Im with ya!!! I know as soon as I hear... I might get sick and have to leave work early
    :(
    But no more sick days are available... so Id just wouldnt get paid for it...

17. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    My buddy and I are hoping to see Ep2 a total of 10 times in a row starting from 12:01am. Saw Ep1 9 times in a row, so we want to break that record :)

18. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    hey guys, i've been reading the last few posts. WHAT!!! MAY 13TH!?!?!?!?! No way. This can't be right. Their policy is at least one week in advance. why would they wait so long? 5 1 5 0 you said you're going by a silvercity later today? please check it out. maybe later today they'll come to their senses. i'm still betting on may 9th.

i also would feel better if they just made an official announcement on their website or something.

19. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Chill - I'm sure we'll hear news early this week. Usually there's not much news that comes up over the weekend.

I agree though that the 9th sounds likely. I hope so, Thursday/Friday are my days off work.

20. RangerRebel

RangerRebel Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    Thanks for backing me up Indigo. ;)

21. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Guys all along Ive been saying May 9 May 9... and Im hoping my gf just talked to a tool and they didnt know what they were talking about... Chill youre my man from BC so I will let you know as soon as I know... Im going to go out to the theatre probably after work so 530 sometime... and then Ill post here shortly after... you have my word!!!

22. Chill

May 2, 2002
    thanks 5 1 5 0. i hope you bring good news.

23. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    K Chill my man!!
    Sorry it took me so long... my Dad's computer was Funked up...
    anyways... I asked the tickets peeps at Colossus... and they said if they were selling them tomorrow they would know something... then they said that May 9th is a safe bet cos they do their Major Pre-sells 1 week prior to release... so its looking like Thursday is the day!
    let me know if you have any new news!!!

24. Chill

May 2, 2002
    safe bet huh? well if they seem confident and we seem confident that may 9th is the day, may 9th just might be the day. but like i said i wish there was some official announcement from famous players.
    5 1 5 0 what was up with the person your gf talked to? may 13th?
    any ways, i'm heading out tomorrow and i'm gonna swing over to silvercity riverport at around noon to see what's up. i've read postings of people just walking up to the box office as soon as they open and walking away with midnight tickets. and this is without waiting in lines or camping out because everything is being kept so hush hush this time around nobody knows that tix are even on sale.
    i'll post what i find out.

25. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Let me know Chill...
    Im so starting to get Ulcer's here :D
    Im keepin my fingers crossed for you!!! Imworking today but post as soon as you know and Ill be going home sick to get my tixs if you bring back good news!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.