main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada BAD news folks... about tickets for Famous Players...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    i will let you know.
    also i just got a reply to my 3rd email to famous players. here, read for yourself:

Unfortunately at this time we still do not have a date set for advanced ticket sales for Star Wars episode 2. Please continue checking our website www.famousplayers.ca for any updated information. Policies vary for each film when they are on sale in advance, there may be ticket limits for each guest.

i was thinking if they vary for each film, it could vary for each theatre as well. any ways, i'm still going to check out riverport and i'll let you know what's up.

2. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    Thanks for the info Chill.

3. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    UGH!!! It would be so nice even to just read or hear about a date for the tixs.... But hopefully we wont hear about it and then I just go to the theatre on Thursday and bam get my tixs... hey I can hope!

Let me know as soon as know Chill!!!

4. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Chill.... where ru ??? :(
    The suspense is killing me!!!

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Have no fear, we have the manager at our FP theatre ready to call us the instant she hears anything.

We will make a post in here as well to let everyone know the minute we learn when FP is planning on putting tickets on sale.

6. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Thank you Woofer. Many of us fans who are going crazy over this can't wait to hear the news.

7. Chill

May 2, 2002
    i first called riverport and they gave me the same song and dance. no set date...possibly may 9th. now i just got back from silvercity riverport. i first went to the fast lane (debit/credit card machine) and checked out the advanced tickets menu. they had advance tickets for spider-man all the way up to may 15th, but no aotc. so no new news. hope you're not too disappointed, but hey it was just a long shot any ways.

8. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    UGH!!!!
    Ok Im taking bets for May 9 or 13th then!!!
    Any takers???
    :)

9. Chill

May 2, 2002
    as you may or may not have noticed i have updated my last post. i realized the way i wrote it wasn't the way it happened. non-the-less it's still the same story. but, i have an interesting new piece of the puzzle. i went back to silvercity riverport 15 mins ago and i went inside to look at the schedule board that's above the ticket counter (box office). at the bottom of the board, they decided to type out a little announcement for us devoted star wars fans. it says exactly "Star Wars Episode II advance tickets on sale SOON!!!" this wasn't there before. does this mean they know more now? or that they know for sure? or is it they're just annoyed with all the people asking them about it? but also if you go over to www.famousplayer.ca , the main page has aotc advertised finally. i think they're gearing up. i think it's happening SOON!!!

10. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Just spoke with a manager again.

Still no official word, but she suspects Wednesday or Thursday.

11. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    K... anyone wanna bet me May 9 then???? Im saying its this Thursday... the day Ive stuck and stood beside for the longest time... awesome... ill sleep better knowing Ive got my hands on em!!

12. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    You guys think that when famous players puts them on sale... you think they'll be available on their web site at that time too??

13. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    I suspect they'll be available in person first before they're on the website. I think someone mentioned that their theater had been selling tickets for a few days and it still wasn't listed online.

14. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Ugh I cant wait... im gearing towards Thursday... anyone have any idea when the box offices open? Or are they different cross Canada?

15. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Most theaters here in Ottawa open at 11am every day. I wouldn't think they'd open earlier then "usual".

When I was in line for tickets for Episode 1, they didn't start selling tickets until 3pm.

I plan on getting in line as soon as I hear a ticket announcement, and won't worry too much about the exact time.

16. E_Greyshadow

E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Hey, guess what? I just came back from a Famous Players theater here in Winnipeg. I was planning on lining up to get tickets. About 2:00 the theater manager, a mall security guard, and a cop come up to me to tell me that the mall is not allowing people to line up for tickets. I'm quite angry right now.

17. 3263827

Mar 13, 1999
    Friendly Manitoba eh? =)

18. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Thats crazy...
    Well Im going to get my from a Colossus out here in BC... no guards to worry about or anything... hopefully there wont be too big of a lineup cos it is kinda out in the boonies :)

19. Chill

May 2, 2002
    i must say that i'm behind 5 1 5 0 still. thursday seems to be the best bet. just like back in '99 for TPM. but i hope the manager woofer spoke to is right in speculating wednesday. of course she said thursday could be the day too. any ways, i'm with 5 1 5 0.

also i think every theatre's box office opens at different times. i hear some famous players open at 11. silvercity riverport opens at 11:30. you also have to take into account that this is star wars and a major ticket seller. so they might open the box office earlier to clear the star wars crowd to make way for the rest of the movier goers.

well everyone keep an eye out and ears open and post what you know.

20. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Ugh Ill just be happy when its announced!!! And when I have my tickets... that way Ill be able to sleep better :)

21. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Sorry to hear about the mall difficulties there.

We went to the theatre, and had a meeting along with mall security back in Janauary, and presented our plan for the line up (its a charity event as well), and got all the OKs and permissions before February 1st.

Pays to plan ahead, and to make friends with the theatre management. It also helps if you represent an organized group, like, oh say.. a FANFORCE chapter!

*hint hint*

22. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    we dont really have a chapter in Vancouver?? Err... well kinda but... only like 6 peeps :)

23. t0rg0

t0rg0 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    What do you guys think about setting up a thread specifically for the Richport Silvercity lineup?

Would be nice to group all of us together in line. Would give us a bunch of people to hang out with and hold the line while we go on washroom and food breaks...

btw, went to silvercity today, around 5pm, and they still had no idea when tickets would be sold...

24. Chill

May 2, 2002
    t0rg0,
    i think setting up a thread for a silvercity riverport line is a great idea. i'm lining up and buying tix from riverport on what ever day they go on sale. t0rg0 i think it'll be only right if you start the thread. and this way we can all post what we know about when tix go on sale and stuff like that.
    oh yeah and over at the official star wars site they have a link setup posting what theaters are showing aotc. and they have a list for where it's being shown digitally.

25. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    (reposted from the Vancouver forum, sorry for the potential redundancy...)

I don't mean to start a panic here, but...

The Victoria FanForce just found out that advanced tickets went on sale here starting last Friday (May 3rd). We found out only this afternoon when one of our members tipped us off, and a few of us rushed downtown to buy up tickets for the rest of the membership. Fortunately, there were plenty of tickets left, but it could have been much worse had the theatre contacted the media about the sales.

The alarming thing is, the SilverCity theatre (the one that one of our assigned members had been contacting on literally a daily basis for weeks) were phoning to tell us "they wouldn't know until this coming Wednesday (May 8th) when advanced tickets would be available at either SilverCity or the Odeon" (the two theatres are managed by the same company, and are supposedly in constant contact with one another). Our liason's answer to this was, "Oh? How is it that you've been selling tickets at the Odeon since last Friday, then?"

The SilverCity contact was shocked at hearing this news, stating that they (the Odeon) wasn't supposed to be doing that, since neither theatre had yet been given the offical go-ahead from their head office. Profuse apologies were made by both theatres' contacts along with several solemn acceptances of the responsibility in this error and lack of communication and customer satisfaction (they had agreed to contact us when they knew tickets would go on sale).

My advice to Canadian FanForce groups, especially those in B.C., would be to get actual confirmation from your theatres once again, to ensure that they haven't already been selling advance tickets and do not yet know when they'll be able to...then keep calling daily with the same questions. Perhaps limit this responsiblilty to one or two members in each town, so as not to irritate your theatre staff too much.

Best of luck to you all,

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.