main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bad Plot Twists that Shouldn't Appear in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    The Star Wars saga is renowned for some great plot twists. TESB has one of the greatest in film history when Vader is revealed to be Luke's father. The other films have some pretty good ones too. Palpatine purposely reveals the location of the second Death Star so that the Imperial fleet can ambush and wipe out the Rebellion; in the prequel trilogy, Palpatine is actually controlling both sides of the war and escalating it as an excuse to gain power; the clones are the bad guys, no they're the good guys, no they're the bad guys after all. The Saga also has a few twists that aren't as great: Padme protecting her identity by pretending to be a handmaiden -- kind of cool, but why exactly does she reveal herself to Boss Nass when she does? Luke and Leia are brother and sister... kind of been there, done that.

So that JJ doesn't put in any really lame and awful plot twists, this thread is devoted to bad plot twists that the Sequel Trilogy should avoid. So, please include any really bad, dumb, and silly ideas for plot twists that should never ever appear in the ST. Since JJ will be regularly consulting this thread, make sure to put as much thought into your posts as you possibly can.

2. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Since I love both Star Wars and David Letterman, I may have gotten a little too carried away with this idea, and I ended up making a Top 10 List for this thread! Here it goes:

Top Ten Bad Plot Twists that Should Never Appear in the Sequel Trilogy

10. Han is revealed to be Leia's brother but strangely, at the same time, not related to Luke at all.

9. Jar Jar really isn't obnoxious. He just stopped taking his ADHD medicine.

8. One of the Big 3 comes out of the closet...
    then goes back in and keeps going back and forth for the rest of the film.

7. The entire plot consists of Han, Leia, and Luke going to a screening of a Reese Witherspoon rom-com set on some place called Earth.

6. Blue milk is made out of people! It's made out of people!

5. It's nothing more than a 2-hour therapy session where Luke and Leia try to deal with their repressed feelings for each other. (And the therapist is portrayed by the same actress as the one who plays the therapist in Austin Powers.)

4. The characters realize that life is pretty laid-back and easy when you're a Force ghost, so they all commit suicide.

3. Yoda learns that the way he speaks isn't deep and profound. He's just dyslexic.

2. All we see in the film is a bunch of Jedi using the Jedi mind trick on the audience as they tell us, "This is the greatest episode in the Saga. This is the greatest episode in the Saga."

1. It happens a long time ago in a Galaxy slightly less far away.

3. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Han dies early in episode 7 and then at the end of episode 9 Leia gets up and finds him in the shower (er, 'fresher? Whatever!) The entire trilogy was a dream.

Actually that wouldn't be half bad if it turns out to be awful...

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    You should tag up with our resident comedian Sith-Mullet and go on a tour.

5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Jar Jar to Luke: No, Luke, meesa is your grandfather.

6. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Darth Plagueis is Luke's grandfather (in the manipulating midichlorians kinda way)

7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Obi-Wan has a son, daughter, or grandchild. Now I would be fine if he had a niece, or more likely a great-niece or great-nephew.

Ahsoka appears in the Sequel Trilogy.

Lord Sidious is or was ancient. I don't like the idea of him being ancient.

Also Sidious returning from the dead. Maybe we can see him in a vision or something.

8. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I don't mind the idea of Palpatine/Sidious in a vision or as a hologram, but I absolutely do not want to see Palpatine/Sidious clones and/or resurrection. At this point in time, that's an absolute no for me. Of course, if they found a way to make it work without seeming too forced - sorry about the pun - maybe I wouldn't be averse. However, I am sceptical that there is any legitimate way to do so.

Whilst the big three are now officially "in", I'd like to add that I don't want JJ Abrams and Co. to go over the top with nods to the OT. So, please let's not hear somebody saying "I have a bad feeling about this" every five minutes. That's one of the things that I really didn't like about Indy 4.

9. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Luke turned to the dark side over 2 decades ago and started a new jedi council so that he could lure in force-sensitive people and seduce them into the dark side.

10. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    Darth Plagueis returns and it's Jar-Jar Binks.

11. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    The Droids rise up against the humans and drive them to another galaxy to find a mythical place called "Earth".

12. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Turns out Han was Leia and Luke's brother all along!

13. Lord Tuvitor

Jun 27, 2003
    Time Travelling in the Millennium Falcon with a Flux Capacitor. Daisy Ridley is actually playing Padme Amidala, Domnhall Gleeson is Obi-Wan, and Van Sadow is Palpatine. Prequel reboot ahoy, now with Lens Flares(TM)

Redimet, DL44Jo, DarthIshyZ and 3 others like this.
  14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    The Star Wars galaxy is only a short ride to the Star Trek galaxy & at the end of EP7 the enterprise appears out of know where & saves the day & Captain Kirk shouts YEEEE HAAAAA...............

15. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    *Astronomer nerd moment*

Theoretically, this is possible, depending on your definition of "slightly"

Galaxies themselves of course move through space. Assuming the GFFA and the Milky Way are headed toward each other, then yes, they would be slightly less far away :D

HOWEVER
    Factoring in the ongoing expansion of the universe, it's more likely that the galaxy would be farther from ours, assuming a massive gravitational force isn't holding them together (however, considering it's said to be "far, far away", I doubt they'd be close enough for gravity to place them within even the same supercluster)

*end astronomy rant*

16. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    That Plagueis's spirit/essence resides within Threepio and, in fact, Threepio's voice IS Plagueis's voice. Anthony Daniels appears in a flashback as Plagueis....:D

At least one of the people who we SAW die in either the PT or the OT are somehow still alive.

After Han and Leia had sex Han gained Force abilities...:p

One of the ST characters is a youngling who survived by hiding under a table (or behind a curtain or.....something...) while the purge occurred.

Jabba had a daughter, Jibba, and she is secretly responsible for the events in VII.

Luke has been dead ever since the ESB Vader duel. What we have seen since then is simply a physical manifestation of pure Force energy...:D

Leia is just some random woman and not Luke's twin. The real Leia is still out there.

That wizard really was just a crazy old man. The real Obi-Wan is still out there, waiting to be played by an aged-up Ewan McGregor. :D

Redimet, Hernalt, DARTHSHAME and 2 others like this.
  17. plaidphoenix

Nov 6, 2013
    We meet Yoda's children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren, great-great-great-grandchildren and his sister, Mary.

18. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Mr Skywalker, are you trying to seduce me?

Redimet, plaidphoenix and D'an like this.
  19. Lord Tuvitor

Jun 27, 2003

If the Galaxy Far, Far Away were say, Andromeda, it would still be 2.57 million light-years or so away. In our certain (human) point of view, that's still FAR, FAR AWAY. (Though on a grand cosmological scale, still in our backyard, so to speak)

And could be a little bit closer this time around, still being in the Local Cluster and all.

Seagoat likes this.
  20. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Darth Vader somehow returns.

Episode 7 turns out to be a time travel movie that resets/reboots SW

more force users waving glorified glowsticks around then the Prequels

Its so rushed it makes "Caravan of courage" ,the pinnacle of Star wars

Its a big ol' nostalgia fest just for the sake of nostalgia(remember this guy/creature/droid?,,here he is again!) wich is very likely <to> happen

within the vein of the last point,ep VII becoming a "greatest hits of Star wars moments"

21. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO, JJ!

I'm very hopeful for this movie, but if Disney reboots it, the sequels will be dead to me.

For the record, I think a Plagueis story arc would be a great way to tie the entire saga together. I get the feeling George invented his character out of necessity when he had the emperor defeated in Episode VI instead of Episode IX. The sequels would need another villain. Flame away.

Hernalt and DEATHCONQUEROR like this.
  22. DEATHCONQUEROR

DEATHCONQUEROR Jedi Knight star 1

May 13, 2011
    • The main villain is not really the villain but is actually a fraud and joke. The real bad guy is some dude scorned by Luke in the Rebellion earlier and wants revenge, and the whole thing collapses on itself (ahem.....Iron Man 3 reference)
    • Luke and Leia are revealed to not be brother and sister after all [face_laugh]
    • Grey Inter-dimensional aliens (From Lucas' Crystal Skull) are responsible for the existence of the galaxy, the Force, and all the events that have transpired. It's all a drunk science experiment behind a screen and microscope

23. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Death Star number three!

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Driver says, "Leia, I am your son."
    I liked Iron Man 3 and I thought that was an awesome twist.

LunarMoth likes this.
  25. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Here's a grand idea: Obi-Wan had a granddaughter that he never mentioned! What, why is everyone rolling their eyes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.