main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Bad Plot Twists that Shouldn't Appear in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Why are you against the existence of carpet stores in SW?

TX-20 and vin like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's literal poetry this time around, and every single character speaks in limerick form.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. darthRebel

darthRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2004
    I have 2 bad plot twists imo

The prophecy that revolves around anakin bringing balance to the force! If immediately after ROTJ Luke gets captured and there are suddenly a whole bunch of dark side villains, then the whole concept of this prophecy is bogus, since there would be a bigger imbalance after the epic conclusion of this prophecy.

And secondly I hope Luke gets to have a wife, because if he got captured right after rotj, the only woman he would have kissed would be his aunt and his sister :)

In all seriousness now, if the movie is a combination of the the series the Vikings, black sails, deadwood and terra nova It will be good and maybe some bruce lee figure !

4. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Daisy Ridley will play Luke's daughter, Shmi and at the end of the ST she's sent back in time to a point before Episode I where she gives birth to Anakin.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  5. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    We find out Vader retrieved the sliced off hand from Luke from ESB, gives it to Palpatine who sent it to Kamino for cloning under the process that speeds up their growth twice as fast as a normal person/unaltered clone resulting in also 50-60something year old clones of Luke by the time of Ep 7 who have spent the last 30 years training and killing each other off so that the "best" Luke survives out and now among the lead Inquisitors...would also be the one obsessed with Vader's helmet. He would also be the one to win out the leadership role among the Inquisitors right before or during the events of Ep. 7.

Or another variation of the same: Instead of the Bespin hand, the cloning is a result of the kidnapping of Luke post-RotJ so that the Kaminoans or whomever have a fresh blood and tissue supply to harvest from for their cloning over the years between OT and ST.

6. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

I think your #2 is all but comfirmed to be happening so.......

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The villain is Micky Mouse.

8. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    The Sith were not the bad guys they just new a true evil was coming for the galaxy and conquered it for the greater good, now without The Emperor holding back the true enemies they finally show up in Episode 7 and its the Klingons!

9. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    In Episode IX, John Boyega transforms into Dark Helmet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If you're saying that you're sick of the EU's "the Empire/Sith aren't evil" crap, I couldn't agree more.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Even Zahn didn't deny Palpatine was evil - Zahn only hinted that even he might have been planning ahead of time to fight something that was even more dangerous to the population of the galaxy than himself.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  12. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I won't deny that an outside threat would unify the galaxy.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I think that Palpatine wanted an outside threat to show up so that people would like him more.

TK327 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    They pull a "Mufasa".
    Scenario: During a big battle, the main hero (whether it be Daisy or Boyega) is in trouble and appears to be about to die. Luke rushes to save the hero (and succesfully saves him/her) but suddenly finds himself in a life or death situation. Leia goes over to him and offers her hand to save Luke. Instead of saving him, she says "Long live the king/jedi/whatever" and lets him die. Cue the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!". The kid that Luke saved is then put through a sad goodbye ("Come on Luke, you gotta get up. We gotta go home") and Leia convinces him that it's him/her fault that Luke died and thus the kid runs away. Cue the intense emotional scarring :p

15. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Blue milk is people!

Muscat is Number 1. Luke is the new Number Two.

16. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Luke Skywalker is Darth Plagueis II. Turns out the Sith are like the Pope.

BigAl6ft6 and darklordoftech like this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The evil secret of a military dictatorship is that they always need an enemy to rally against. Otherwise they can't justify all the money and effort that goes into the military. If the rebellion didn't exist, Palpatine would've had to invent an enemy just to keep the machine rolling.

darklordoftech and Iron_lord like this.
  18. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    What a twist huh? Thanks. The only problem would be how to explain the lack of midichlorians in our own part of the universe. I do think David Blaine and Michael Jordan could be force sensitive in their own, unique way. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I've warmed up to the idea of an Imperial remnant lately. But if it must be the case, a remnant ONLY I hope it will be. After 30 years, I would refuse to believe that both sides would still be going strong. I now see ROTJ no longer as a "finale," but as simply another installment in the saga. However, I believe with such pivotal things happening during the Battle of Endor, it shouldn't all be COMPLETELY undermined...

Other than the things that have already been mentioned here like no time travel, no reveals of "thought-to-be-dead" characters, etc. I am actually really hoping for some big reveal/twist. Perhaps even something that causes me to question what I THOUGHT I understood about the nature of whatever certain thing in the saga, and even changing how I see the saga as a whole. I am open to that.

Not to mention, I would love to see a truly original, mind blowing twist that rivals even the Darth Vader as Luke's father reveal in ESB. (Since I was too young to see that, I wouldn't mind getting a similar shock to what those fans experienced!)

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Porkins is Darth Plaguies.

Wait, nevermind, that would be awesome!

dolphin likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The calls are coming from within the house!

Darth Archimage and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

Don't forget Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong...who we discover have taken "midichlorian pills" ;)

dolphin likes this.
  23. hocash

hocash Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2014

Sounds like the reason Leto Atreides II turned himself into a near immortal sandworm/human hybrid to initiate The Golden Path in the Dune series. That'd be a straight ripoff. Secretly benevolent tyrant senses a far off danger and oppresses mankind in the hopes of making them strong enough to repel it. Weak. Did this really happen in the EU? I confess I've read very little of it except the Thrawn trilogy.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The big problem with this is: Why not warn mankind of the far off danger? If you're benevolent, why keep it secret?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    1. Obi-Wan Kenobi has an evil twin. His name? Naw-Ibo Kenobi.

2. The six breasted lady from Jabba's palace is revealed to be the actual villain of the ST.

3. Luke doesn't have any interest in passing down the Jedi tradition. So he becomes an accountant instead.

Rebel Alliance Pigeon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.