main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Bad referee calls In Game 6 against the flames.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Blue_Jedi33, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    WOW, did the ref ever favour Tampa yesterday, I really do think Sutter is right and the NHL is favouring Tampa.

The call right after the flames scored there first goal, hooking, the guy never went down even, that wouldn't have called half the time during the regular season.

Too pathetic.

I don't even live in Calgary but I know they are getting the shaft from the NHL.

2. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    Right, it's that time of year again, the birds are singing, the flowers blooming, and Canadian hockey fans are whining that everyone is against their team. It's the same old pathetic story. Gretzky did it during the Olympics, "Everyone hates us - they all want us to lose." In 1994, when Vancouver was in the final, it was the same story around here. People were moaning and groaning about biased officiating and scheduling - and they still do it to this day. Now Sutter in Calgary is carrying on that great Canadian tradition: If you can't beat 'em, cry like a little girl.

C'mon guys, win or lose, try to do it with some class and dignity.

3. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    One of the reasons the NHL has gone drastically downhill over the last 10 years is because of haphazard officiating (not to mention the dilution of the talent pool by over expansion). Crappy officiating should ALWAYS be commented on when it happens - regardless of who wins. How else do you get rid of incompetance? hmmm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.