main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Bad review from a blogger....

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by WJGlory, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WJGlory

WJGlory Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    If you want to laugh at someone's ignorance you should read this review this guy wrote. I've read other posts he's made before. A few are funny but most are sophmoric. Anyway the link to him slamming Episode III is... (copy and paste)

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

I wrote a response on my journal. If you want to read it, the link is...

http://journals.aol.com/wjglory/TheWritingsofJim/ (the title of the post is "Dealing with D-Gens on the net"

Now I don't mind criticism of the movie as everyone has their opinion. but when you don't get your facts straight and are just flat out ignorant on things then my tolerance goes bye-bye.

2. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    In fairness, dude has the same complaints I did with the movie. Anakin's turn was executed poorly and way too abruptly. Honestly, I don't think George Lucas ever had any idea how to handle his turn, so he threw a bunch of stuff at the wall(Anakin isn't made a Master by the Council, Anakin doesn't trust Mace, Anakin wants to save Padme, Anakin is jealous of Obi-Wan, Anakin is constipated, etc.) and hoped something would stick. I never bought it though.

For me to believe the guy would go from being a genuinely good guy to a psychopath who slaughters innocent children and conspires with a known evil Sith Lord against his surrogate family, there's gotta be something there. A trigger of some kind. But that never happened. Hell, at least Michael Corleone killed Solozzo and McCluskey and lost his brother and wife before turning into a soulless monster.

3. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Someone is bitter.

I can't listen to someone objectively if he uses such purile language. I have no respect for such baseness, I feel like argueing with him just because the different ways he makes the fans sound like GL's bytches.

I can't tell if he hates all of SW or just the prequels, but it seems he hates the prequels. ANH had plotholes, so if he does love the OT, but hates the PT then he has his head up his @$$.

In ANH, why did Luke SKYWALKER live on the same planet, TATTOINE, like his father.

And if Leia realized that they were allowed to escape the Death Star, why she allow Han to take them to HER REBEL FRIENDS if she suffered torture so not to reveal where HER REBEL FRIENDS were hiding. She could have told Han to dump her on a planet, where she can make her own way to the Rebellion.

For example, Count Dough-ku makes a good argument. I don't like it, but at least I don't feel attacked just because I went to see RotS.

the only thing I liked about his blog was "If you haven't seen the movie, don't read the previous sentence." Hee.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I can't tell if he hates all of SW or just the prequels, but it seems he hates the prequels. ANH had plotholes, so if he does love the OT, but hates the PT then he has his head up his @$$.

Lots of people love the OT who don't love the PT. I, for one, find the PT enjoyable but noteably inferior to the OT (or I should say the O-OT). There's no need to insult people who don't like the PT any more than there is for people (like the above blogger) to insult PT fans.

And if Leia realized that they were allowed to escape the Death Star, why she allow Han to take them to HER REBEL FRIENDS if she suffered torture so not to reveal where HER REBEL FRIENDS were hiding.

Actually, her reasoning was covered in an earlier draft of ANH. With the Death Star plans in hand, she felt they had a chance and so wanted to force a showdown -- one that would take place away from inhabited systems. Thus, she lured the DS to Yavin 4.

5. Kailye

Kailye Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    "In ANH, why did Luke SKYWALKER live on the same planet, TATTOINE, like his father."

Holy Sith! Anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together and make sparks with knows that Anakin/D.V. would NEVER have returned to his home planet after what happened there. He'd have been more likely to dust it with the Death Star than anything else. By the time of the original trilogy, he never did anything without at least a second or even third purpose behind it. Blowing that sandbox to hell wouldn't have angered anyone but the Hutts. Therefore, it was the safest place for Baby Luke to be, despite the irony of it all.

6. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    And yet what does Vader do at the start of ANH?

7. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    And if Leia realized that they were allowed to escape the Death Star, why she allow Han to take them to HER REBEL FRIENDS if she suffered torture so not to reveal where HER REBEL FRIENDS were hiding.

Actually, her reasoning was covered in an earlier draft of ANH. With the Death Star plans in hand, she felt they had a chance and so wanted to force a showdown -- one that would take place away from inhabited systems. Thus, she lured the DS to Yavin 4.

Seems like she still could have tried to not lead the Death Star to Yavin 4. What if the Death Star showed up and they had to evacuate, and/or a lot of the Rebel leaders died?

But anyway, watching the movie I don't think that. Just afterward, when I'm bored and just don't have anything else to think about [face_laugh]

8. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Seems like she still could have tried to not lead the Death Star to Yavin 4. What if the Death Star showed up and they had to evacuate, and/or a lot of the Rebel leaders died?

The idea was that she saw it as their one opportunity, and that they were running out of time, anyway.

9. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    And yet what does Vader do at the start of ANH?

He sends a lackie down to Tattoine even though he should've gone his dang self.

10. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    The point is that Vader is responsible for the death's of his aunt and uncle. Luke survived by circumstance. Just because Leia went to Tatooine did not cause him any hesitation to do the same.

11. Kailye

Kailye Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    Stryphe, are you assuming that he knew of his biological relationship with Leia? There's no evidence, so far as I know, to support that. Still, I don't think it would've mattered to him at that point, even if he did...

12. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    No, he didn't know about Leia. My point is that Vader had no adversion to Tatooine. He'd go there if there was a reason for it. If he had reason to suspect his child was still alive prior to ANH, he would have not had a problem going in person to Tatooine to find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.