main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, at least they responded. I feel much better now, but there is still hope (:rolleyes:) that I will get my package in the mail. I notice they didn't say anything about my fan club lanyard. I hope I'll be receiving that too.

2. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I'm so sorry for all you that haven't received your badges yet. I know how gut wrenching it is when everything pends on just one thing and it won't be off your mind 'til you have it settled. :(

I'm still VERY surprised the itinerary is not ready!!!! 8 days left and no schedule? What is with that?

3. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    After the C III fiasco are we really surprised this is happening?

4. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    i'm not surprised at all still no badge as of the 15th :mad:

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Update from me, I just got a call from Gencon and they said pretty much the same thing to me. They neglected to send my packet and said I should pick it up at Will Call. Oh well. I'm not thrilled about having to stand in a long line to get something I already prepaid for, but at least they are refunding me the $3 shipping cost. :p

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    cough - unofficial partial schedule - cough

7. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Interesting ...

8. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    That's a fair enough point to consider with the Fan Club issues, but missing say one of x number of day passes, or Store and FC stuff but no passes is purely a Gen Con issue and has nothing to do with the incomplete Hyperspace lists.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Yeah, true. The other thing is it sounds like they're missing a lot more badges and tickets than they are Fan Club lanyards. In my case, I paid months ago and they apparently forgot to send my packet out until now. Would it really have been that difficult to mail everything April 15th like they said they were going to?

10. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I looked on the envelope that came with my pass, lanyard, etc. and it was postmarked May 10. This means they were mailing these out fairly late. *Shakes head.*

--MissPadme

11. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I knew having Gen Con as the promoter for C4 would be another organizational disaster, and Gen Con has yet to prove me wrong.

12. MxPxRobbie

MxPxRobbie Columbia, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    Well, a friend of mine has just backed out, so I have an extra badge, fan club lanyard and coupons available. All I ask is face value plus Paypal fees so I come out even. Please PM me if you're interested. I can deliver in LA, or Express Mail at your expense.

13. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My packet FINALLY did come in the mail yesterday. It said it was mailed out on 5/10. Though it did have a funny USPS marking across it. Big bold letters...."RETURNED FOR POSTAGE". Ummm, I wonder how many more of these were returned due to improper postage? Sad, sad, sad...

14. tperez64

tperez64 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2003
    Atleast some of you are getting to speak with someone. I have left several meassages and sent several emails and they haven't responded to a single one of them.Today they didn't answer the phones at all!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

15. glennfett

glennfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    WOW,seems like a LOT of people are getting screwed in the head becasue of this.My heart goes out to all the people who havent gotten there stuff yet.I cant believe they just wouldnt start shipping this stuff as soon as ppl had paid-i mean cmon,all the other could have been put up earlier AND then had an earlier cutoff point.Im from Australia so it's will call for me anyways,but it looks like instead of 2000 ppl,i will be lining up with about 5000-cant wait to see you all there,cheers,Glenn.

16. tperez64

tperez64 Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2003
    After all is said and done......
    http://www.thebbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=58000251
    [face_skull]

17. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Anyone want to increase the number of complaints to 2? ;)

18. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Fianlly heard from GENCON...Looks like we will be waiting in WILL CALL with the rest of the wretched hive!!!

19. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    in the mail i got they said they mailed the last of them out on the 4th of may, from what i am seeing on here people were post marked on the 10th?

Well i said to Overnight it to me or i expect Gencon to pay for a taxi trip for me to the Will Call line and back. I am being asked to make an unexpected trip to be in a line i should not have been in.

i am not asking for any money back just asking what is fair.

if my packet comes in i will let it go but only ask what is fair and not to be lied to.

:mad:

20. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    Well, a lady fron GenCon just called me at work to apologize about my tickets not being mailed to me on time. She says a package is waiting for me at Will Call. The thing is, I got everything last week (pass, lanyard, tickets). :confused: The only thing I could think of is the ticket for the Carrie Fisher event but she didn't know if that's the package. And they wouldn't call just for that since we knew it was Will Call anyway, right? So I guess I'll go to Will Call and see what it is.

21. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Star Wars Celebration IV: Will Call.

22. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
    mine did not come with a lanyard and I am no longer a hyperspace member. Can I just put my badge on a string or do I need one given by Gencon?

23. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    You could do that, although I understand they will have regular lanyards available at the con.

24. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    When I got mine a few weeks ago it had ink spilled all over the address label, I was lucky the post office was able to read it.

25. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Now THAT is ridiculous. All of the other missing badges could be boiled down to postal/lucasfilm/beaureaucratic issues, but if they're mailing badges to people who chose will call, you know they have a serious organizational problem.

You can put it on anything you want. I had a lanyard from my school for C3, but any lanyard or string works.

And despite all of the bad things that this faux pas is telling us, it's also a good sign because last time I didn't see Gen Con enforce fan club only entrances/areas/events the entire weekend*, so maybe I'll get into some places I shouldn't again! [face_dancing]

*okay, once in the middle of the afternoon, a 501st volunteer made me walk through the snow to the non fan-club door even though they were both open and there were no lines at that point. but that's just idiocy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.