Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration VI, VII, Europe II' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    Just called Jennifer Dekel at Schwartzmen and Associates, the company handling PR for C4! My press credentials are approved!!!!!! Buah..Yah!
  2. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    Damnit. I wish I had applied for them. I'm sure I could have gotten in, too.
  3. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Congrats!!! That's awesome!!!
  4. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, great news, Captain!
  5. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I still have not heard anything, but at this point, I cannot go. So the point is somewhat moot.
  6. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just want to bump this up and ask if anyones recieved their badges yet in the post??
    I still have yet to see any news in regards to when I can go and pick my badge up.
  7. miarama Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nothing in the mail yet. Why are you picking up your badge? Is it because you're overseas?
  8. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    According to GenCon, the CIV badges will be mailed out at the end of this month.
  9. Shivann_D Jedi Knight

star 3
    The waiting is killing me.....:mad:
    just like waiting on the program schedule for CIV....everything seems to rrevolve around that.
  10. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep I am overseas coming from the UK along with some of the uk garrison members.

I am not so fussed beings as I am across the street from the convention centre to pick my badge up but the reason why I asked is gencon clearly stated that if people did not recieve their badges before the 4th may to contact them, the 4th may is next friday o_O
  11. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    May the 4th be with us!
  12. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Beat me to it :p
  13. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    C'mon guys, gotta save that for Friday May 4th! ;)
  14. DLoSith Force Ghost

star 1
    Nothing yet here either, I ordered my 4-dayer in January but I'll be patient until the 4th.

You better believe on the 5th I'm emailing GenCon. :p
  15. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I just got good news:

Congratulations! I am writing to inform you that your application for press credentials for Star Wars Celebration IV has been approved. Your credentials grant you access to the entire show floor as well as access to the pressroom from May 24 ? May 28. Your badge will be available for pick up on site.
    While we look forward to your coverage of the event, we would of course greatly appreciate any buzz you can generate leading up to it.

For further details on Star Wars Celebration IV visit: http://www.ipressroom.com/pr/SchwartzmanPR/Star-Wars-Celebration-IV/default.asp or contact us directly.

We look forward to seeing you at Celebration IV and assisting you with all of your needs.

Best Regards,

Schwartzman & Associates, Inc.

Now I just have to figure out if I can still afford to make the trip...
  16. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Finally broke down and changed the title -- mainly because of this information that a Rebelscummer posted on the Rebelscum C-IV board:

"Howdy everyone. I just wanted you to know that I got this official quote from Gen Con today regarding our 4-day badges..."your badge(s) and any applicable [info] will be shipped to the address indicated. Unfortunately we had a delay in receiving some of our materials and badges are expected to go out throughout the end of this week and the beginning of next week. I would expect to receive your badge no later than the end of the second week in May.""

That's not such good news. I'll post if I find anything else out. But I guess we won't be receiving anything near soon [face_worried]. There may be some of you that end up having to go to Will Call. That will not be happy news, either. Sorry, wish I had more positive things to tell you.

17. Jedi_Nausicaa Jedi Master

star 1
    I changed my shipping address on the gencon site after I ordered my badge -- do you know which address they will ship to? I don't want my badge to come to me here at school after I've gone home for the summer ...
  18. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm afraid I don't know -- you'll have to email them and ask them what address they have on file, I guess [face_worried].
  19. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sending folks in the US that paid in advance to will call would be a very bad call on Gen Con's part(Unless they opted for will call).

They should be Fed Ex or UPS-ing the badges to the folks who ordered the 4-day in advance. They should then pass the cost of that onto their material supplier who caused the delay. Of course that might not help the folks coming from out of state. I'd hate to have to line up in will call in addition to all the other lines.
  20. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    I would be pretty PO'd of I had to wait in the Will Call line to pick up my CIV badge. I have the first Quick Path store time slot on Thursday, and the last thing I want to have happen is miss my time slot for the store because I am still waiting on the Will Call line.

Gen Con better make sure they get their act together and get those badges mailed out in time. This is EXACTLY why I wish Gen Con had made the cut-off date March 1st to order the badges and have them shipped to you. That would have given them plenty of time to overcome any badge production or shipping delays (such as this one) and get the badges out to all the fans who ordered before the cut-off date. :mad:

It's not like fans haven't had enough time to order their badge before March 1st - the badges have been available for over 5 months.
  21. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    Some of us were only able to recently discover IF we'd be able to go or not.
  22. bonzofett Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is exactly why GENCON IS A HORRIBLE CONVENTION PROMOTER!

They already proved themselves with C3 that they don't know what they they are doing. I still can't figure out how they were allowed to promote C4 with the reputation they have.
  23. DarkPrince Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, I'm one of the people that ordered these badges months in advance. It would really suck if I had to go on the Will Call line as well. I really hope I get these badges sometime before the convention.

Preferably, in the next week or two. I was actually about to ask when we were getting our badges. I guess I now know.
  24. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    There's nothing wrong with the will call lines. I did it for C3 and had no problem what so ever. Got there and they found it right away. Badges were broken down by the first letter of your last name and it was fine. And this was the day before it opened.
  25. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    In the end of this month? :(

I will calling them in a week if I have not see my badges in May. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.