main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I just found out I am going 2 weeks ago, so Will Call it is for me too.
    Im not worried to much. I dont get into town until Friday morning by the time I get to the center it will be around 10am and hopefully there wont be a problem.

2. glennfett

glennfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    hahaaha ,us Aussies have to pick up at will call anyways.better to go there to pick it up then rely on gencon or Australia post or USPS ;)Least i wont be having sleepless nights waiting for it either and will call will be a great way to meet MORE fans!!!!

3. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    That's fine - then Will Call would be for those fans. But fans that purchased their badges months in advance should not be dealt the same fate as fans who just placed their order recently because of a screw up on Gen Con's part. If anything, Gen Con should have started a completely separate list of fans who placed their order after the cut-off date and made shipping those badegs to fans who ordered months in advance more of a priority IMO.

Setting the "buy & ship" cut-off date to March 1st instead of March 30th would have eliminated this potential hassle and given Gen Con more time to deal with unexpected circumstances.

4. Vru_Shattai

Vru_Shattai Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    2nd week in May! That's cutting it close! What happens if we're leaving on the 23rd and the badges end up at our homes 'after' we've left? Now there's a disaster. :_|

5. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Actually, Gen Con will be starting Will Call pickup on Tuesday the 22nd. Which works out perfect for me if I do in fact have to go to WC for my badges - we are arriving in LA at around 3:00pm local time on Tues.

So I guess it wouldn't be too bad if I had to do that (at least for those of us flying in on the 22nd).

6. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Just ordered my badge. I have to go to will call also.

Hopefully I won't have the problem I did last time with will call.

They didn't give me a fan club lanyard that I was suppose to get and luckily I brought my receipt of my star wars membership with me to prove it and they did finally exchange it for me.

What time is will will call open until?

What are the will call times on Wednesday?

Thanks,
    Chris

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Here are Will Call hours:

Tuesday, May 22nd 4pm ? 8pm

Wednesday, May 23rd 7am ? 8pm

Thursday, May 24th 7am ? 8pm

Friday, May 25th, 7am ? 8pm

Saturday, May 26th, 8am ? 8pm

Sunday, May 27th, 8am ? 8pm

Monday, May 28th, 8am ? 12pm

8. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    so if we are planning on arriving at around 7am on thursday morning I wonder how long I will be in the will call line that morning.

9. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007

Thanks for the info ValedaKor you rock! :)

10. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Apparently badges are in the mail as we speak. One of the IEFF members called to check their account info and was told they are in the mail now. [face_dancing]

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Ahhhhhh yeahhhhhhh.

12. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Haven't even bought a ticket yet. Not going to, until any kind of schedule comes out, a little firmer than 'just announced!' updates. This is ridiculous.

Mary Thomson

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Ummm. half the fun IS the little updates! There have been a LOT of them since c-4 was announced!

Waiting to see what the schedule will bring before deciding to go this late in the game seems almost to be a set up for disappointment.

14. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    a friend of mine got a 4-day ticket but is unable to go, and is looking to liquidate it to someone who wants to go.

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    For those who have press passes, Obey Wann wanted to pass along the following info:

"You will need to purchase a ticket for the Carrie Fisher event separately. The cost is $15 and you can purchase it at the GenCon site www.gencon.com. Also, please note that no press coverage is allowed during the event, and you cannot bring in any cameras or recording equipment.

Yes, you (anyone holding a press pass) can purchase the store exclusives the same as regular attendees. Each day a person attends the show, they are allowed to purchase 1 exclusive action figure. So you can buy 4 action figures ? while supplies last!"

16. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    How do we officially know this? I'm looking at my account that I purchased the badges on and its says all packets must be picked up at WILL CALL? Does that mean that I have to go to will call, or are mine in the mail?

I purchased mine on the day registration opened long before this delayed mess. Mine should be going in the mail right?

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    What does it say in your account info? Cos that's the way the did it.

When you login to your account the first page you see says "All badges must be collected at will call" that's some default message for new purchases.

Click on your account info to check how your badge was sent.

18. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Also, please note that no press coverage is allowed during the event, and you cannot bring in any cameras or recording equipment. In the Carrie's event or during the whole convention? :confused:

I have not receiving yep my badges. I need to call them next Monday if nothing...:_|

19. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    During Carries Event.

20. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    They're saying on the website not to call them unless the badge hasn't arrived by the 14th, but maybe that's just their way of reducing the number of calls they have to answer.

21. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thanks AboutaSith :)

14 call. :(

;)

[face_thinking] I will e-mailing them first.

22. jay727

jay727 Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2006
    Hey every one I got an email from GenCon about the badge saying this:
    Badge Ship-Out

Due to an unfortunate delay in receiving packet materials, badge ship-out was delayed. Badges are currently in the process of being shipped and started to go out the week of April 23, 2007. If you selected to have your badges shipped to you and you do not receive your badge by May 14th please contact Aleta Mullen at customerservice@gencon.com and she will be happy to assist you.

So it is true they should be in the mail as we speak I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    OK, it says on the page of my account that the Will-Call thing was only for people who ordered the badges/tickets after the March 30th cut-off date. There is a large message in red text saying that Badges and Tickets will be sold on-site starting Wed. May 23rd at 12 Noon.

EDIT: Just checked my email and I do indeed have the email that jay posted; that says my badges are being shipped, so I'm happy. :)

24. rebel-rebel

rebel-rebel Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2004
    OK, I need some insigt. I'm a Hyperspace/FanClub member, but I didn't pre-register. I only decided to go today and bought my plane tix for Wednesday night. Will I be able to buy and attend Thursday?????
    HELP!!!!!!

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yes - you'll just have to pick up a badge at the convention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.