main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    My mailman had better make me happy on Monday. I will not feel safe with CIV until I have my badge and FC lanyard in my hands.

2. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Weird... So GENCON on my account didn't show my items shipped, yet Friday I got my white envelope from then containing everything I needed! Got my badge and correct fan club lanyard! No more panics now! Got the Vader badge too, so I'm thrilled about that! YAY!!!!

I didn't know they were based out of Seattle. I work in the downtown area so maybe that's why I got mine quick.

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I read on the Rebel Legion board that the badges were being mailed out alphabetically. I saw one post from someone whose last name began with 'A', so I suppose that's true?

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Nope - My name falls closer to the end of the alphabet and I got mine yesterday.

5. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    I booked my badge in December and my last name starts with "L" and I haven't received mine yet...

Trying to be patient here but it's getting nerve wracking...

6. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    You guys that are receiving them now must be in the general area where GenCon is based. I live on the east coast, so I guess I have to wait a little longer.

7. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I live on the east coast and got mine yesterday.

Although, I'm not going anymore.

So, now i need to sell mine.

8. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    :D I got mine yesterday! Yeah!

9. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    My name starts with B and I ordered it in early January and I have yet to receive it.

10. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Do you have a buyer yet.. I have certainly seen plenty of purchasers around that want to buy.

11. HonRincon

HonRincon Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Got mine today. Man am I the only one that thinks these are UGLY? Come on for $110 they should at lease have the cool celebration logo.

Oh well can't wait to see everyone out there....

Hope you all have safe trips and lots of fun.

12. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Me and my wife live in Indiana and we received our 4 Day Adult Badges and Fan Club Lanyards and Friends & Family coupons came today! [face_dancing]

I've put our 4 Day Adult Badges on our Fan Club Lanyards and have them on my life-size Darth Maul figure (autographed by Ray Park at STAR WARS CELEBRATION III) that stands in our living room and took a couple of pictures. This is what I've done with past STAR WARS celebrations. :cool:

And this is how I will let my wife know we received them. :)

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

13. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I dont think they they are truely going alphabetically...one of the guys here in Richmond, Virginia with a last name starting with R go his today. Maybe I will get mine to even though I am in the W's

14. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Just got mine today! WOOT!!

I don't think they look that bad, actually. Is it just me or is the Vader one in an awkward pose?

Either way, excited its only 18 days away!

Can't wait to see everyone there! :)

15. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Me and my wife's last name starts with a P. :)

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

16. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Something is not right here...

We received our passes today in the mail, however my husband was the only one who got a lanyard, which makes no sense because we both belong to the fan club. Anyone else have this same issue?

17. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Did one of you join after Mar. 30? That is the last time they checked before sending out badges. Its not a big deal--you can clear it up at the FanClub booth at C4. Just bring some kind of proof that you are both members.

18. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Yes, we have an ongoing full paid membership. We never cancelled and we both still receive all the benefits, except for in this case. I called GENCON, but as usual I am still waiting for their response.

19. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I am so *expletive deleted* *expletive deleted* at gen con and sw.com right now...

I've been a fan club member for YEARS and I get my badge with no fan club stuff whatsoever.

20. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I got my badge to day and tickets for the movie marathon and CIV Store. I didn't get my fan club lanyard though. GRRRR!!! Needless to say that I do have an FC account. I will have to email them.

21. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    WHAT??? I didn't get my movie marathon tickets OR c4 store tickets :(

I am really really afraid I'm going to spend 5 days in line trying to deal with gen con instead of 5 days in line doing fun stuff.

I've been calling and emailing all day. they wont respond. I'm sure they're swamped, but there is no excuse for lack of preparation. especially with their past experiences.

22. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I got my badge today, with my store ticket and fan club lanyard. I live in Indiana with last name starting with 'E'. I'll have to go to will-call for my Carrie Fisher evening ticket, but I expected that.

BTW: If anyone needs extra 'Friends & Family' passes, I'm going solo this time. I'll mail my four free to the first person who PMs me with their mailing address. I'd rather see them used and enjoyed than put in my scrapbooks.

Edit: The passes are now spoken for.

23. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I got mine... but no fan club stuff :/

So. Cal - L

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    This is why I elected to pick up my badge and lanyard at will call. No worries about badges getting lost in the mail or fan club mix-ups. I'll pick up my stuff at the con, and if there's a mix-up, I'll set 'em straight right then and there. :)

I did this both at C2 and C3 and even though I applied for Fan Club membership only a few weeks before the con, they had my lanyard waiting for me without any trouble.

25. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    THANK GOD!! Just got home and low & behold my GenCon package was in my mailbox. Got everything for my wife and I:

- 4-Day badges
    - Red Hyperspace lanyards
    - Orange F&F passes
    - Quick Path store passes
    - Movie Marathon passes
    - CIV schedule of events

I feel like a ton of bricks has just been lifted off my chest. :D

Now if I can score two FC breakfast passes tonight, I will be good to go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.