Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysrossko Jedi Knight

star 1
    I got everything I expect to get today including my fanclub lanyard and express path for store. Also my last name begins with R and I am in NJ for those of you wondering about the alphabetical.
  2. mrsge Jedi Padawan

I received everything I was supposed to receive in today's mail. Hooray! I was sweating it.
    I live on the East coast and did not order any of it until early March. I guess I simply lucked out as a convention beginner.
  3. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Well as per uaual still no word from GENCON. I emailed them again, here is what I sent them:

Hi,

I received my two badges in the mail today for STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV. However, we did not receive our fan club lanyards and I did not get any of my fan club materials. We have been long standing fan club members and so we should have received the lanyards and club materials. I do not want to stand in line for hours for materials i paid for online and that should have been shipped to me. Please contact me asap!!!

Sincerely,

CMA

I SUUE HOPE THAT WITH ALL THESE INCONSISTENCIES THAT THIS IS NOT A PRELUDE TO THINGS TO COME. I MEAN GENCON REALLY SCREWED OVER CELEBRATION III, I THOUGHT THAT WITH 3 YEARS OF TIME THEY WOULD BE ON THE BALL. I GUESS BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT DOES NOT APPLY HERE...GOD GRIEF, ANOTHER THING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!!
  4. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Amidala, here is the contact information for the person at GenCon that you should call:

Aleta Mullen- Volunteer Coordinator & Customer Service Manager
    Gen Con LLC
    120 Lakeside Ave, Suite 100
    Seattle, WA 98122

Direct: (206) 957-3806
    Mobile: (206) 371-0696
    Fax: (206) 957-1862

Good luck! :)
  5. Grand_Admiral_J-tal Jedi Knight

star 1
    I didn't get my lanyard and coupons either. I've been a member for years, and my membership doesn't run out until this October. And I just renewed it into 2008.

I just called Aleta and she said this is an issue. The list starwars.com sent to GenCon of Fan Club members was not complete and some badges have been sent out to Fan Club members WITHOUT the lanyards.

She is contacting Hyperspace and asking them for a better list of members. Better e-mail or call her today if this has happened to you, so she can verify your membership.

No decision on if they will mail out the lanyards if they find you are a member afterall.

I've got my fingers crossed that they will fix this fast. I don't want to get out there and find out I can't get in on Thursday. I will be most displeased.
  6. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks Justin...I did call but got nothing but voicemail. I left two messages today and emailed them twice as well. I hope this gets remedied soon.

Gosh, there is like this impending OMEN over me, I have a bad feeling I am not supposed to go on this trip...lol.
  7. jay727 Jedi Padawan

Man got all my stuff today and my fanclub stuff Happy since its my first Con i thought id have alot of trouble
  8. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    I just got my HUSBANDS badge, fanclub lanyard, and coupons, but no mine. I registered them the same day, actually I bought mine first, yet he got his and I got squat. >_<

I emailed her hoping it just went out later than his.

-Larame
  9. DLoSith Force Ghost

star 1
    At long last, my badge, f/c lanyard and fast path coupon for the Celebration store all arrived today.

I can now resume normal breathing practices. [face_dancing]
  10. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    Mine hasn't arrived yet and I ordered the darn thing minutes after passes went on sale in October! Believe you me, there will be unhappy people at Gen Con if my pass doesn't arrive in the next few days.

--MissPadme
  11. mrsge Jedi Padawan

Question (forgive me, I'm a complete convention novice), what are the two small holes on the left and right upper edges of the badges for? Do people put Star Wars pins in there or what? Don't want to be a herb in public.
  12. Lufta Shif Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have no idea what they are for either. :confused: I think that you could put one of those cheap elastic strings with the short metal rods at the end through them. I have seen similar set ups at other (work-related) conventions.

Oh, and I got my badge, hyperspace lanyard (sp?), and tix to the movie marathon and store today! Yippee![face_dancing]

13. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    Those holes are for the non-Fan Club lanyard that connects at each end to wear around your neck. I believe it was grey for C3.
  14. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I received my packet today as well, a four day badge, with fan club lanyard, my pass to the movie marathon, and the friends and family passes. Thankfully there wasn't a problem with anything. I'm good to go.
  15. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Pass, but no lanyard. The email recieved earlier about badges being sent late said if you don't recieve a lanyard, go to the Fan Club booth at the Con and they'll verify membership.

I'm sure that means a line...

[face_plain]
  16. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    What I did get:

Badge, Movie Marathon tickets, Quick-path store pass

What I didn't get:

Lanyard, Friends and Family passes, "Conversation With Carrie Fisher" ticket

[face_worried]

17. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    That has always been a "will call only" event.
  18. HoraceAustin Jedi Knight

I ordered my badge on March 8.

I received it on May 7.
  19. JBRO13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Can someone post a picture of what the movie marathon ticket looks like?

I can't tell if what I have is like an invoice of my badge, ticket, etc. or if it's the ticket everyone is talking about.
  20. Sean_Walsh Jedi Knight

star 1
    Got my badge yesterday - woo! [face_dancing]
  21. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    It's nothing special - it is a white ticket (about the size of a business card) that has black dot-matrix style lettering on it. It says your name and "Movie Marathon" typed on it, and it has preforated sides.

Mine came attached to my Quick Path store time slot ticket and CIV purchase receipt.
  22. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whoa, does it have all the events or just the announced ones?
  23. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Just the announced ones. It's on the back of the info sheet that's included in your packet.
  24. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
    ok I've called gen con over a dozen times. I've left three voicemails, and two messages with various other gen con employees. I've emailed once as well.

at this point, I really feel like I'm being taken advantage of. I mean, it's not like they didn't have time to plan this and hire people to deal with it.

They have tens of thousands of star wars fans, who will probably do just about anything we're told, and I feel like we're being treated like crap. seriously. I'm not impressed and if I have to wait for three hours in the Will Call line, so that I can stand in line to get IN to the convention, so that I can stand in line once I'm inside the convention I will officially not be a happy con-er. The last two are expected, but I do NOT want to lose hours of my time when I bought my badge the first day that it came out, and have reserved everything else the first day it was available. I refuse to waste my time when it's not my fault.
  25. MxPxRobbie Columbia, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 1
    My lanyard and coupons were forgotten too. My friend's was included, but they left out mine. :(

I left a message with that lady, and haven't heard anything. I don't wanna wait in a huge line when I get there...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.