main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Badges are arriving in the mail....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grumpy_Jedi, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneTrooper1020

CloneTrooper1020 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2007
    I got all my stuff yesterday but I noticed that my 4 day pass didn't come with a lanyard. In fact, it didn't even have holes in it to attach a lanyard. I'm not a member of the fan club but I figured I should at least be able to wear my pass like the others. Am I just supposed to carry it or supply my own? I'm worried about punching holes in it myself because I don't want it to look like I made a fake pass. Anyone got any ideas?

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Looks like this time people are supposed to supply their own, or perhaps you can pick one up at Will Call. You can find lanyards at office supply stores, Office Depot for instance. You can even buy nice ones at sporting goods stores like Bass Pro Shops.

3. jaklits

jaklits Jedi Knight

May 2, 2007
    "I got a bad feeling about this"
    Where is the Badge registration booth going to be and will it be open on the 23th and if so at what times?

4. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Got this off a Rebelscum message. Fan Club information booth hours; this is where you will pick up any missing items. Not sure yet where this will be exactly. We will find out next week when they promulgate the schedule:

Tuesday May 22nd 4pm?8pm

Wednesday May 23rd 7am-8pm

Thursday May 24th 7am-8pm

Friday May 25th 7am-8pm

Saturday May 26th 8am-8pm

Sunday May 27th 8am-8pm

Monday May 28th 8am-12pm

5. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    thanks for the info. it's helpful, but I'm still completely DREADING waiting in the will call line, I mean from the looks of it like a third to a half of people didn't get everything.

6. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    got mine and my bfs! but we didnt get lanyards. was I supposed to?

7. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah, I I got my badge, but not my Celebration Store Ticket. AT any rate, I still have to pick up my Conversation with Carrie Fisher ticket in the Will Call line anyway. My guess is there are going to be a lot of people in the Will Call Line.

8. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Still nothing :mad: :mad: :mad:.

--MissPadme

9. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Woot! Got my fan club lanyard, 4 day pass, and marathon ticket. [face_dancing]

I feel bad for you guys that got jipped on the lanyard...They really are random. I just signed up for hypersace on March 19 (this year).

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    It gets stranger. GenCon make it clear that they don't ship internationally for their badges, however I live in the UK and have my 4-day badge that arrived today. It doesn't have my lanyard, my f&f coupons or my marathon ticket with it though. I hope they don't ship them out later, or they might not get to the UK before I leave for the US.

11. glennfett

glennfett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    ok-that is damn weird!!!!Even coming from down south here in Australia,gencon specifically stated WILL CALL for ALL international ppl coming.i hope you get the rest of ur stuff in Cali mate and not at home in UK!!!

12. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    This could be a major problem if they've decided to ship them out randomly, since tomorrow is my last day in Australia before C4. Regardless, all my invoices have "Will Call" on them, so there is no way I'm walking away from the booth without all of my kitty.

13. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Mine came yesterday. I got my lanyard, my f&f coupons, my fast pass but not my marathon ticket

14. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    yeah this is bad, I have a friend who purchased last day you can get it shipped he got his all 100% complete.

I purchased mine with in the first 60 seconds when they went on sale, they are shipped from Seattle WA, and i live in Boise ID one state over and still no Badge.

15. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Still nothing.

--MissPadme

16. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Same here! Still no sign of my badges. Now I'm starting to get a little worried!

17. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    I haven't received my badge yet either. I ordered mine the day before the deadline.

Does the badge come in your regular mail, i.e. envelope? Or does it come in a package through USPS or UPS?

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I got mine by regular mail. In a plain, white 9x6 envelope.

19. ROTS_fanatic

ROTS_fanatic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    Good luck to those who didn't get their badges yet.
    And what is a fan-club lanyard anyway?

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    A lanyard is what is used to hang your badge around your neck. The lanyard provided to fan club members this year is bright red and is printed with the words "Star Wars Celebration IV" and "Hyperspace" on it.

21. ROTS_fanatic

Feb 6, 2007
    And non-Hyperspace members who go to Celebration IV don't get them?

22. ROTS_fanatic

Feb 6, 2007
    I'm getting my badge at the convention. Not Will Call but actually buying it at the Celebration IV box office.

23. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    That's correct.

24. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, got a lovely e-mail from Aleta answering all my questions. She's initiated contact with Hyperspace for me to get my membership confirmed, and informed me that as soon as that membership is confirmed she'll make sure that there is a pack waiting for me at the fan booth with all my missing bits. Since I'm an international attendee I was expecting to have to go to Will Call anyway, so that isn't a problem for me. Helps I'm in LA from the 20th, so I can get to Will Call on either the Tuesday afternoon/evening or the Wednesday.

25. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    This is the e-mail I sent:

Dear GenCon,

I am a Hyperspace member (expires 7/22/07), and received mine and my brother's badges in the mail yesterday, as well as my CIV Quick-Path store passes and Movie Marathon tickets. However, I did NOT get my Fan Club lanyard, nor my 4 Friends & Family passes and the itinerary that apparently others received. Also, am I supposed to get tickets for the "Conversation With Carrie Fisher" for Saturday night?

Something of note is that I know already of three people who are not Hyperspace members who received the lanyards, but also the Friends & Family passes! I have also read online of this happening to others in the last day. I think this is unfair, having paid for Hyperspace and it's benefits and priveleges that I now have to wait for what is owed to me, while people who don't get it for free?! Many people online are starting to worry and complain that this is beginning to look like the problems at Celebration III two years ago.

I would appreciate it if this would be resolved in a timely manner, instead of having to wait in line(s), bringing paperwork and an ID to the convention, proving something that you should have had already.

Sincerely,

Matt Tolosa

The e-mail I got from GenCon:

I?m sorry you didn?t receive your lanyard in your registration packet ? there may have been a problem confirming your Star Wars fan club membership. I have forwarded your email to Hyperspace so that we can confirm the status of your account. They should get in contact with you within the next 24-48 hours ? if you can provide us with your full contact information (email, phone number, mailing address) that will help us track things down faster.

Once we have confirmed your account, we?ll put together a packet for you with your lanyard and everything else you need. You can pick it up at the Fan Club Information booth on site. You will need a valid photo ID to collect it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or problems we can help you with.

Thanks,

Derek Guder

Event Programming Manager . Gen Con LLC

direct: 206.957.3811 cell: 857.389.6675

And the e-mail from Lucas Online:

Matt,

The Carrie Fisher tickets were for pick up only at the convention.

We have confirmed your membership status with Hyperspace and will have your special fan club lanyard and/or friends and family tickets waiting for you in a packet with your name on it at the Fan Club booth. Just be sure to bring some form of photo identification with you when you arrive. Here are the hours that the Fan Club Information booth will be open (located in the South Hall Lobby near the other registration booths):

Tuesday May 22nd 4pm - 8pm

Wednesday May 23rd 7am-8pm

Thursday May 24th 7am-8pm

Friday May 25th 7am-8pm

Saturday May 26th 8am-8pm

Sunday May 27th 8am-8pm

Monday May 28th 8am-12pm

We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope it will not disrupt your enjoyment of Star Wars Celebration IV.

Regards,

Lucas Online

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.