main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Badges

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by k3po, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Has anyone heard when our badges will start mailing out?

2. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Please read the offical site. it listed it there.

i believe it said March 14th.. but they must be ordered by noon tomorrow.

3. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    The site doesnt say when they will ship. Tomorrow is the last day to pre register however.

They have to prepare the badges, and check fan club memberships before they can be shipped also

4. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    DL, I dont see where it says when they will start shipping. Just the deadline to order.

5. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    My guess is that you will receive them (lucky you) by mail sometime between Aprils 1st and the 15th.

Don't worry, they'll get there.

Of all things, you should consider yourself lucky that you won't have to wait in line to get them at will call... like me... thanks Gen Con

6. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    How are they being shipped this time? For C2, my badge was shipped Fed Ex in January. Lucky for me, I happened to be home when the guy showed up. I was like Steve Martin in "The Jerk"- The new phonebook's here! The new phonebook's here! Good thing I got the geekfest out of the way before the wife got home.

7. Sci-FiGal

Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    I'll put this here instead of starting a new thread because its "kinda" related. Ok, so, story time...

I bought my c3 registration in January. And for various reasons I thought they hadn't actually billed me yet. Well fast forward to this Tuesday, I still think they haven't billed the card I gave them for payment (a debit card) and I currently don't have enough money for it to be charged. Thinking it's most likely going to happen around now since the deadline is the 4th, I sent gencon registration an email (since the only other way to contact them is snail mail) saying how since they haven't billed me yet, could they cancel my registration. Now I never mentioned a "refund" and I hope beyond all hope that whoever gets that notices what I noticed not 5 min later. So I've sent the email, and I'm looking at my bank statements, and I finally see where it was they billed me. I freak out! I feel so dumb! I can't believe what I've done. So I immediately send them a second email with the first one attached begging for someone to notice that they had billed me and to completely ignore my first email. Because IF they do refund me, I'll loose $15, AND it's $15 extra to get a new badge because obviously I'll be getting it after the 4th of this month.

I seriously doubt anyone has done anything this stupid, but are there any thoughts on what will happen in this situation. They haven't emailed me back, and I'm assuming that being the final days before the deadline they're getting swamped with emails, but still... Am I ok, or am I probably screwed? Thoughts? Comments? Name calling?

8. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I just mailed a money order and they got it in a few days.

9. Darth_Larsen

Sep 23, 2004
    sorry i cant find it now either.

but i swear i saw it somewhere March 14.. i know i saw it somewhere.. maybe a offical chat on C3 about when they will check hyperspace people..

sorry,, but i know i saw it somewhere over there.

10. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    Nope, you didnt see it there, because im quite active over there...especially in the stuff concerning c III...i am thinking you might have read something wrong when it said March 4th was the deadline and all :)
    I know ive done it before hee hee

11. Darth_Larsen

Sep 23, 2004
    ye prolly.. dam all this C3 info is destroying my brain.. im loosing it..

be glad when it is all over and ive enjoyed it. :D

12. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    HA haa haaa...kinda like a computer...sometimes ya just need a memory wipe to keep on running :p

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    anyone know if the 4 day badges that will be sent here in March will come with lanyards like the last two celebrations?

14. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I think that Fan Club members will be getting a special lanyard, like they did for C2.

15. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Craig.....I'm bustin' a gut laughing here....the one time when ROFLAO really applies....loved that Steve Martin movie............yeah, if your wife had been there and given you one of "those" looks (like my wife would give me in the same situation)...you could then say.....she hates these badges!!...stay away from the badges!! :)

16. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Sci-Fi Gal, you should be ok. They'll probably go thru the motions, find where they billed you, and reply with said information. Yippee, the Force is still with you and you'll be so happy you could pull the ears off a Gundark...

They shouldn't refund you unless you ask for one. If for some reason they debit you again, just provide documentation (to your bank) that you've been billed twice and voila, your bank will correct. See, no problemo.

17. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Dont care if its a special lanyard, just want something that says C3 on it like they provided last time.

18. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I know I saw some place last fall that they said the badges would start shipping around mid-march. I can't find what page it was on anymore,but I'm sure I saw that. :)

19. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    FAQ says late March.

Doc

20. obi-going_to_cel_III

Feb 6, 2005
    Good news Registrations that have been paid in full will start shipping tommorrow via regular mail. I love my sources hee hee

FYI...my source for this tidbit is at gen con...i got an email about a payment and then i asked about when they would ship and got that info

21. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Right on!!! I may have to play hookie from work for the rest of the week. Or at least go home everyday during my lunch hour. It's nice to live only 6 miles from the office :)!

22. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    hmm, I just bought my hyperspace fan club member ship mere minutes ago and updated my registration on the gen-con site to say I am a fan club member.
    I hope I was not too late to get my lanyard and family passes mailed with my badge so I don?t have to go to the will-call booth

23. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Should we post a poll & vote on a single design to use? That way, if we all know what we're looking for, the better the chances of finding each other. Just a thought.

Oops. Wrong thread. Sorry. Moving now...

24. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    awesome, I'm wondering if I SHOULD RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP BEFORE C3....My friend says no. I THINK WE RESUBSCRIBED AT THE SAME TIME.

25. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank God they start shipping now. My wife and I are moving at the end of the month. I did not want my badge to show up at our old house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.