main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bail Organa knew who Leia's father was didn't he?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by THEFORCEISWITHME33, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Which is why I can't wait for the book to be released so I can find out how and what Obi-Wan's reaction is.

2. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    what book is gonna cover those subjects ??

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader" and "Last Of The Jedi: The Desparate Mission".

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    "Dark Lord" covers both.

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Books 1 and 2 of The Last of the Jedi series are out already. According to the story, Obi-wan believed Anakin to be dead until he started hearing stories of the Emperor's new right-hand man becoming the scourge of the galaxy and he knew Anakin survived. Nothing more than that really.

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Most of his reaction is in DL, but we see in the aftermath of knowing this when TDM begins.

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Dark Lord has a whole chapter devoted to OW finding out, and it's not the way Last of the Jedi has it.

I prefer Dark Lord's version.

8. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    thanks for the info guys.i think i'll buy the books as soon as they are out.

9. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    So is it correct to assume that in ANH on the Death Star is the first time Obi-Wan saw suited Vader?

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Maybe up close. He sees him on holo in DL. I don't want to spoil too much of it for you guys.

11. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    If you follow the books, Obi-wan sees him in DL. If you don't follow the books and perfer the movies, then Obi-wan sees him again for the first time on the Death Star. Hence his slowing down and the look on his face. In the novelization, Obi-wan doesn't realize it's him at first. Then he realizes why he's thinking this. It's because Vader's mind has matured since they last met. Leave it to Lucas and Foster to give us an early hint.

12. Elsongs

Elsongs Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I bet he says:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

13. Padmae_Skywalker

Padmae_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    Of course he knew Leia was a Skywalker, yeesh. Leia name at birth was LEIA AMIDALA SKYWALKER. SO I am pretty sure he knew that Padme and Ani were Leia birth parents. Padme cry out for her husband while dying. and Organa is in earshot.

14. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    Obi-Wan's reaction in Dark Lord is great lets just say he needs a good drink afterwards Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader is GREAT you should all get it the book explores a lot of things and explains a lot I felt really sorry for Chewbacca oops I best not give to much away but it's good.

15. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Well, it would be sort of negligent of Yoda and Ben not to
    tell Bail of the children's heritage, lest he let it out of the
    bag at imperial court.

"Hey guys, can you believe my lovely adopted daughter was fathered
    by Anakin Skywalker? Crazy."

"Sir, come with us, please."

16. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    regarding the 2nd question:
    from the Dark Lord:

"Only Palpatine knew the full story of the war and its abrupt conclusion. But Bail knew a few things that Palpatine didn't; primarily, that Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala's twin children had not died with her on the asteroid known as Polis Massa; ...."

"Given their parentage, chances were high that the Skywalker twins would be powerful in the Force. What if Leia should show early signs of following in the dark footsteps of her father?"

later paragraph -
    "If Palpatine had been apprised of that fact (referring to Bail arranging for Padme to be delivered to Naboo for the funeral) he might begin to wonder if Obi-Wan, having carried Padme from distant Mustafar, had informed Bail about Palpatine's secret identity, or about the horrors committed on Coruscant by Anakin, renamed Darth Vader by the Sith Lord, whom Obi-Wan had left for dead on the volcanic world."

later -
    "Some jedi must have survived the execution order", Mon Mothma said at last.
    For reasons he couldn't fully understand, Bail's attention was riveted on the masked figure, who appeared to be in command of the clones, and who also appeared to glance with clear purpose in Bail's direction. The group passed close enough to Bail for him to hear one of the stormtroopers say: "The Emperor is waiting for you in the facility, Lord Vader."

Bail felt as if someone had let the air out of him.

His legs began to shake and he grabbed hold of the platform railing for support, somehow managing to keep apprehension from his voice when he said to Mon Mothma: "You're right. Some Jedi did survive."

the answer to both questions posed is YES.

IMO this is good work by Luceno - I don't love the entire book but I do like what he conveyed and how he wrote these passages.

17. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    Dark Lord is one of the Best Eu books period. Vader is great in it. It is the first time we really get to know Bail. Baby leia has a very cute interaction with Mon Mothma in it.(They are setting up a great way for the relationship that Leia and Mon have in the post ROTJ EU). The only things I didn't like was that padawan Starshone.

18. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Bail knew Anakin was the father. Duh, he was one of the 3 conspirerors at the end of the film that sets up Luke and Leia's futures in the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.