main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bail Organa?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Miska, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I'm writing a story about Princess Leia in her pre-ANH years, and Bail Organa is featured in it. My problem is, I have no experience writing about him, and I know nothing whatsoever about his character, so I'm really getting stuck. I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some insights into Bail: what his relationship w/ Leia is like, what's important to him, and things like that. Any help on this would be wonderful!

2. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    You'll have to wing it, I think. To my knoledge, the first Star Wars story Organa was actually in was Attack of the Clones, and so far it had been his only veture.

I hate to be pushy, but I would just say go for it! Give your own take on him. Just keep in mind:

He's a politician, and if Leia's around, he's slowly training her to replace him as Senator. He's a secret supporter of the Alliance, but is at the same time a key member of the Imperial Senate. And Alderaanians do not believe in weapons or fighting, but peace is something he's learning to give up.

3. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    I think it's hard to get access to it, because it's not so commonly known, but in the ANH radio dramatization Bail actually talks to his daughter and one imperial figure.

If you can get this somewhere, you might find something about him.

But - as mentioned before - most of all he is a polititian, dedicated to peace and protection of the weak, I believe.

4. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Okay, to put my two pennies worth.

You could try the Unofficial Encyclopedia.

Or here's what I found in Stephen J. Sansweet's Encyclopedia:

The foster father of Princess Leia Organa, he was a strong defender of the Old Republic in its dying days and became one of the founders of the Rebell Alliance after Senator Palpatine declared himself Emperor. Bail Organa was a decorated war hero, having fought at the side of Obi-Wan Kenobi and others. In addition to being elected representative to the galactic Senate, Organa was Viceroy and First Chairman of the Alderaan System.

Along with Mon MOthma, the Corellian Bel Iblis, and a few others, he fought Palpatine's grand Design for a New Order. After Emperor Palpatine declared the Old Republic dead, ORgana joined the bravest dissidents in their underground resistance. As Mon Monthma orgnized independent resistance cells, Bail Organa helped her secretly divert funds to the groups. Mothma's ties to the growing Rebellion were discovered by Imperial secret police, and she barely escaped Coruscant after a tip from Organa.

Still undetected as a major Rebel sympathizer, Bail Organa rturned to Alderaan. Palpatine disbanded the Senate After Mon Mothma issued a strongly worded Declaration of Rebellion. Peaceful Alderaan became a beehive of secret activity in support of the new Rebell Alliance and Bail Organa became Mothma's main adviser. He didn't remain in that positin long, for the Empire destroyed Alderaan and its billions of inhabitants with a single blast from its new super weapon, the Death Star.

In the entrance about Leia it says that he raised her as his own daughter and dotted on her. It doesn't really say more.

There's not a lot to go on for character: He's someone who liked peace. Probably highly intelligent that the Empire didn't find him out like Mon Mothma. He was devouted to his cause.

I hope it helps. I think I'll have to agree with Cam, and you'll have to come up with your own idea of what the relationship was like.

lol

Cam

5. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Thanks a lot guys! I read the info at the official site, but it didn't give a lot away...I was hoping he might have a part in some EU book or something that I could read, but I guess I'll just have to make it up as I go. But thanks anyways!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.