main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BAITING

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DMWseeker, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMWseeker

DMWseeker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I was wondering whether if I were to tell someone to do something that the JCF guidelines prohibit, would I be held liable for their actions if they did it? Would I be banned if the offender indicated me as the catalyst for the actions? For example, if I told someone to spam repeatedly, and that person realized that it was not allowed, but I had full knowledge of the prohibitation of spamming, would I be punished?

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You and Beezel should form an alliance.

Also you said in your example above "...that person realized that it was not allowed". So if that person did it, they would deserve to be banned.

Telling someone to break the rules is not baiting. Trying to annoy / rile someone to elicit a strong reaction (which may in turn make them break the rules in retaliation) is baiting.

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Just what I thought.

I only dismissed the chance of him being Beezel based on the fact he used punctuation.

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Is "posting knowingly false or misleading information" still a criminal act around here?

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm not sure if this case should fall into that category or not, though, since the correct information is readily available to anybody who takes even a cursory glance at Comms or the Rules forum, or the JCC Rules sticky.

6. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Are you coordinating some trolling? If so, this isn't really the way to go about it.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I think he's just wanting to tighten up the rules on level 3.

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    ITT we come up with really specific situations that will probably never happen and then spam comms with questions about it.

9. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    If in a thread you're posting with, say, Andy-Bandy, and you say something like "go spam a thread with a bunch of one-letter-per-line posts that say some username "IN DA HOUSE!!!" and he does it, you're probably not going to be held responsible for that.

If you're posting in a thread with an obvious newbie who doesn't understand the rules, and tell him to start a thread about Clone Wars in JCC, you're probably going to be held responsible for that.

10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    A
    S
    O

I
    N

D
    A

H
    O
    U
    S
    E
    !

11. Natasi

Natasi Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2008
    Yay, issue solved. Looks like we don't need this thread anymore.

12. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Question answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.