New Hamp BAKE SALE

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabaccs_luck, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    or is that (Chew)'Bacca sale.

Anyway it occured to me that the Cantina birthday might be a good time to do it. I'm sure I'm overstepping my bounds, but it seemed perfect. I got to thinking that we'd have all those people trapped... I mean having fun :D . Why not sell them cookies while they are there. Or chicken noodle soup colored and call it trash compactor brew.

Use the star wars cook book as a guide.

Just a thought.

Woops, forgot to mention that the idea was to raise money for the C3 trip and maybe a charity too. Just for those who were thinking of a group in mandalorean armor baking muffins for fun.
  2. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I LOVE IT!!

That's a great idea. Even if we sell just a hand full of stuff thats more $$$ then we had to start right? Wonderful idea. We'll have to diffenatly run it by Rik first. MOST of all. It is he's day. You know for the store and all. But it would be a good chance I believe to add to the pot so to say. So let's check with Rik and run with it. If he's good with it, we'll post a sign-up sheet and check stuff off the people can make.

Ok, till later....
    SeeYa!!
    TK
  3. RikSMaximus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Maybe we have a little sign with the table of baked goods letting everybody know that we are raising the money for the C3 trip, with the stress on the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANs "representin'" the State Of NH...State pride and all that...

And definitely making the "SW Cookbooks (I + II)" a part of the deal, and maybe advertise that some of the recipes actually came from those books, and they are available for sale in the shop...Good idea, right? And maybe, this year, instead of giving the Death Star cupcakes for free, we'll charge $1.00 per CC, as a part of the bake sale. Maybe a raffle? Just some thoughts...I can photo copy some of the recipes in the next day or so...I'm sure Beth will want to try some....

Rik

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BOUNTY HUNTER (I kinda like dat!)
  4. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be up for the next meet and the party.Is there anything I can bring? Perhaps some soda?
  5. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    I'm now officially in New England! So hopefully I can make it up to the Cantina soon :) When is the next anniversary party? And the next meeting?

:)
  6. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok,

Well it sound like ago!! Thanks Rik!!

We need to start a list of things people are making for the bake sale. Rik if you can possibly post some reciepes maybe for some people to have? I don't know? If have the books myself so I'll check it out and let everyone know what I'll be making.

ALL SO !!!

EVERYONE is invited :) The more the marrier !!

Bigger party ! More sales for Rik & C3 !!

Ok, I'll start checking & posting here as much as possible over the next week or so. So that we may work it out.

SeeYa!!
    TK

8. RikSMaximus Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll try to find the time to photo copy the recipes, and maybe we can get them scanned and sent to whoever...I don't think it would be legal to just post them here...We should probably stick to classic "baked" goods...I don't think people will be lining up for "Trash Compactor Soup"! Sorry, Ken!

Also, we have to keep track of the expenses for ingredients, because I think we should maybe use the MM fund we have going as an investment, and seeing if we can turn a profit with it...it will be a very interesting experiment, indeed...

Keep in mind, I'll be having Death Star Cupcakes, and I was thinking we could have Hoth Cupcakes (white frosting), and maybe we can come up with some other planetary flavors...I mean, I think it's like $10-$12 for 24 cupcakes at Sam's Club, they're good and tasty, and maybe we can charge $1 per CC to support the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS and the Celebration III expedition that way...It'd probably be alot easier than actually baking! Just a thought...

I'm looking at the SW Cookbooks right now...If anyone would still like to do it the old fashioned way, we need people to sign up for what items they'd like to make. These look like the most feasible and sale worthy of the recipes:

WOOKIE COOKIES
    BOSSK BROWNIES
    R2-D2 TREATS
    SANDTROOPER SANDIES
    ANAKIN'S APPLE CRISP

Rik

P.S: If anyone has any fold out tables, that'd be great...I want to try to have the food portion of the part outside...maybe some chairs also...and if anyone can come early to help set up, that'd be great too...Thanks guys!!
  9. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a folding table and chairs I can bring.
  10. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have some ideas and some questions.

I'm told I make a mean banana (bantha) bread so I'll do that and some cookies. Maybe some chocolate candies too.

I've some ideas about candies that might be neat.

What I want to know is are we sticking to selling things like cookies, muffins, and brownies? Or are we thinking about maybe doing luches/dinners too?

I have some intresting ideas for starwars looking and themed meal items.

If you want specifics I'll Private message them to you.

What time is the meeting; before, after, during the Bake sale/ party?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.